Start Date: 1st October

SW: 183.5
    GW: 178.5
    CW: 183.5 -0.0lb

Let's do this!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I still haven't weighed for this challenge 😂😭 maybe I need to catch the next one..

@bookmeister86 good luck!!!!

Yesterday 9/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks😔
    4. Put away clothes😁

JFT 10/1:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188.6
    Current weight 189.8

JFT - Tuesday Oct 1
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    5 something at bathroom breaks

I haven’t read and caught up yet, but I am determined to start posting my goals in the morning again.

• luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 1
    NAME: Lucie
    SW :149
    GW for this challenge: 144
    JFT:
    ++water
    weight train
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I wish I could just give you the biggest hug. Give yourself time. Focus on you and the kiddos as much as you can. They are right, we should all remember that. Let them see you making healthier changes, help them do the same. Little steps are all you need for now.

Much love and many prayers!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Finally, I have caught up on JFT posts... my heart and prayers goes out to all those with struggles! @pridesabtch gorgeous girls and so active ~ you should be proud, mama.

I have been eating all. the. food. again, mostly at night. Not sure why, probably related to hubby and I really missing together times on weeknight evenings. Cramming all our together time on weekends and my workday lunch hours just not cutting it. It's been three years that he works 2nd shift Mon. - Fri. (I have an office job, so he's gone when I get home from work, I'm sleeping when he gets home, and he's sleeping when I get up). We both know it won't last forever as we're starting to anticipate retirement in maybe three years. But for now it sucks, and apparently I'm eating for comfort.

Not helped that I have not been walking or working out very much. Crap weather all Sept. ~ We set the all-time record for rain last month, it's raining right now, and only one day this week with no rain in the forecast. Limits dog walks a bit, so sad dog & sad me. I'm grateful we have a good roof and working sump pump.

Anyway, sorry for the long whine. Keeping goals simple for today...

JFT 10/1 T
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / STICK WITH PLAN / NO SNACKS AFTER SUPPER / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) No matter what happens at work be pleasant :p
    4) FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:20
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Huge (((HUGS))) to you! <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry! It just seems neverending for you! I hope you find a way to cope with all of it, if you ever need to chat or rant or let it all out then you know where I am!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read but will go back and catch up tonight! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and I'm thinking of you all.

Friday evening I received a call that my ex-husband, my kids' father, passed away suddenly of a massive heart attack. It was such a shock and needless to say, I'm still dealing with emotions of my stepdad's passing, my mom's grief, my stepdad's sister just passed last Tuesday and now my exhusband whom was a HUGE part of my life. My kids are devastated and I've not taken it well either.

Every day is a gift, so let's enjoy today! :heart:

OMG -- will it ever end for you. This has not been a good year, has it. Prayers and hugs dear friend! <3
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 183.6 (current weight today) - much better day yesterday -1

My goals are basically the same everyday, until I can get these to be habits.

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating :/
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :/
    3. 8+ water :):/ Trying to concentrate on 4 cups of water with each meal
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack : :)Last nite I was so hungry ... walked past the walnuts 2x!! But, had my pear, and did have 2 hard boiled eggs. Walnuts are good for us, but not when you eat too many!!

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • moniquebryan
    moniquebryan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Let's regroup, and lose weight!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have been eating all. the. food. again, mostly at night. Not sure why, probably related to hubby and I really missing together times on weeknight evenings. C

I hope you and hubby are able to find more time together. I am fortunate in that my hubby and I work at home, so we do see each other 24/7.
    As for the eating at nite, this is also my biggest problem. I do great all day, only to give into nite time stress snacking. I am trying something different this time. Instead of saying no snacking in the evening, I am trying to limit my snacks to only fruit, veggies, or hard boiled eggs. That way, I can still snack, and hoping to turn it into a more healthy snacks. For awhile I was eating walnuts, but those are so good, I would end up grabbing handfuls at a time .. not even realizing how many I was eating.

I hope your day goes better, and hoping you and hubby get more time together.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE!

Start Date: 1st October

SW: 183.5
    GW: 178.5
    CW: 183.5 -0.0lb

Let's do this!

Great to see you back!! I was ready to write to you to see how you were doing .. we all miss you!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! REVIEW UNIT PLAN.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print unit plan and have ready. Call EH to set up meeting.
    3. Class 1: Symbolism lesson. Type paragraphs. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Symbolism lesson. Review lexile scores for challenge books. Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Revise unit plan. B - Grade Socratic seminars. C - Grade one-pagers. D - Input grades.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Pasta casserole. Grade Socratic seminars. Grade late work.
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal and Noise. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! REVIEW UNIT PLAN.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Survey. Notes. Find figurative language. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Survey. TIB. Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Revise unit plan. B - Grade Socratic seminars. C - Input grades. D - Meet with EH 2:30. Print next unit to revise.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Bibimbap. Grade Socratic seminars. Grade class 1 presentations. Review next unit (plan for absences). Update current unit. Print in the AM!
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal and Noise. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. LW Fri 10/4 and 10/5; RC 10/5 and 10/6.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. If I don't stop overeating, I won't stop gaining weight. It's that simple.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tuesday1 October

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :) just!
    Attend to Happy Scale trend >:) heading in the wrong direction!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I've done well today! I'm well within my calories and I've exercised! lol I've not exercised in that long that in the warm up all my joints were clicking hahaha
    But I had fun!

I'm determined to win the 5lb challenge.

You go girl!!! A little competition here will help us all!! LOL!!!! Great job today!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3