JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,328 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB You’ve had quite a time of it. (((Hugs)))
    @Bex953172 Welcome back! I’m not doing the challenge this time round, just posting to keep track, so you might just win this time! 😂
    @cschmitz110515 Hope you can find a way round your dilemma and find time with DH.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch - lovely girls, you have a lot to be proud of.

@PackerFanInGB - I’m so sorry to read you’ve suffered more loss. It’s hard to remember to care for ourselves during these times but it’s so necessary. I was 190 yesterday, I know how you feel.

@cschmitz110515 - a lot of my snacking is happening at night too. I’m also making very poor decisions at lunch time. It’s just easier and tastier.

@mytime6630 and bex953172 - it’s nice to see you both posting again.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Now a couple of pictures of my baby girls from Homecoming Weekend. I was with V so she got some individual pictures. Sierra was with a group. Sierra is in red. They also had a regatta that day and Sierra got to race the single for the first time. I'm a proud momma.

And you should be a very proud momma. ... your girls are absolutely beautiful!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @pridesabtch Your girls are beautiful.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I am so sorry for everything you're going through, big big hugs.

I did not do well yesterday. After I thought I was done logging I just got intense cravings and went nuts. Today is a new day.

Yesterday 10/1:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks😔

JFT 10/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    4. Cook dinner
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Argh finding it hard today! I think because yesterday was first day back and I was actual within my calories my body just wants me to stuff my face. It's 1pm I've just had lunch and I have 800 cala left for dinner. Which is more than enough and I do have to walk to school and possibly exercise later. Just hoping I can control it today lol!

I've had 4 waters so far today so on track for 8 today!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    WFTY: Climbing. Running outside is just plain harder for me. I couldn't even manage a mile without dropping to a walk. :( BUT! My weight has dropped a good bit - I'm hoping it's an ACTUAL drop and not just releasing water since I haven't lifted in a week. Fingers crossed.

Fingers also crossed for one of our furbabies. He did not come scampering out for breakfast with the other two and just seemed uncomfortable and unhappy. Husband has called in to school and is taking him to the vet. I hope everything is okay.

Is that running outside as opposed to running on the treadmill? You might be running too fast and wearing yourself out - I used to do that a lot. I'd recommend starting really slowly - so slowly it feels odd - and then gradually building up the speed as you go. That might help! It is harder though. One of the other tips I've been given is when you run on the treadmill, run with an incline - even a very small one. That's more similar to outside conditions and so it doesn't feel as hard in comparison when you run outside. Hope that helps!

I hope your furbaby isn't too sick and gets better soon. It's horrible when furbabies are sick, they feel like our real babies (speaking as someone who hasn't had a baby, of course). Sending lots of positive vibes for a speedy recovery your way!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Friday evening I received a call that my ex-husband, my kids' father, passed away suddenly of a massive heart attack. It was such a shock and needless to say, I'm still dealing with emotions of my stepdad's passing, my mom's grief, my stepdad's sister just passed last Tuesday and now my exhusband whom was a HUGE part of my life. My kids are devastated and I've not taken it well either.

SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo...you can probably guess I've been eating whatever the heck I want whenever the heck I want. It's terrible and I'm only about a half pound away from 190 which will be my highest weight ever. I need to get this *kitten* under control. I asked my kids what I could do for them...how I could help. Their answer? They asked me to take better care of myself because they couldn't stand it if they had to go through this with me.

Really sorry to hear you have had sad news again, this has been such a tough year for you. I'll be thinking of you, and sending virtual hugs. I hope you can feel them. Don't feel too bad about supporting yourself with food - it is a natural response and I think all of us on here do it! (I do). But if you do feel up to attempting to react differently, I recommend indulging yourself in self-care activities that nourish you and make you feel good. I recommend hot baths (ideally with candles and bubble bath) - they never fail to lift my mood a little. Take care x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188.6
    Current weight 187.4 (probably water weight)

JFT - Tuesday Oct 1
    2L of water - 🌻
    Log all food -🌻
    15 minutes of exercise - 🌻
    5 something at bathroom breaks - 🌻

JFT - Wednesday Oct 2
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    5 something at bathroom breaks

For the first time since I don’t know when I actually got all my water in, and even though it wasn’t part of my goal was only 40 calories into the red after logging everything.

I am determined to end this year in the 170’s. I know this upcoming weekend will be a struggle as I’m going to my cousins for a girls night, but hopefully it’s just a blip on the scale.

I’ll catch up with posts later.
    Have a great day everyone

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Okay, joining the challenge this round... maybe I can get back on track.

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE!
    Name: Carmela
    Start Date (for me): October 2

SW: 166.0
    GW: 161.0
    CW: 166.0 -0.0lb
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was in a good place at work & manager was ok with me leaving office one hour early, so I treated myself to Downton Abbey movie ($5 Tuesdays). No movie snacks, and supper a little later than usual. Thought of snacking while reading and listening to MLB NL wild card game (heavy rain again meant no satellite reception on tv), but somehow I pushed those sabotaging thoughts away and went to bed. Happy me (except Brewers lost).

Recap 10/1 T
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,627 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 34 floors :|
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / STICK WITH PLAN / NO SNACKS AFTER SUPPER / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals green 27 :mrgreen: , sodium -581, sugar -15, fiber & protein good & 13c water
    3) No matter what happens at work be pleasant :p = decent day & handled one incident w/ ASSt. manager well :D
    4) FLOSS >:) / RETAINERS >:) / bed & tv off 10:20 :| maybe 10:30?

JFT 10/2 W ~ Another overcast, humid & dreary day but it's Hump Day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged (eating up leftovers) / NO SNACKS after class / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Do some planning at work / clear Inbox somewhat (it's a disaster) / declutter little work table (anxiously awaiting new paper shredder)
    4) To-do's: balance bank accts / donation? / make xfer / update budget s/s / GBBG class (put your garden to bed) 6:00 - 7:30 (take notepad & water) / meal plan & grocery list / other?
    5) FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:20
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Yesterday I was in a good place at work & manager was ok with me leaving office one hour early, so I treated myself to Downton Abbey movie ($5 Tuesdays). No movie snacks, and supper a little later than usual. Thought of snacking while reading and listening to MLB NL wild card game (heavy rain again meant no satellite reception on tv), but somehow I pushed those sabotaging thoughts away and went to bed. Happy me (except Brewers lost).

Well done! I'm struggling with the snacking today, just got an extra 100ish calories from walking to school and then ate a cake when I got back which was 100ish cals LOL!
    So back to where I was! Still got plenty but I just feel hungry today. But I'm resisting!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,370 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Eat 3 meals and one snack (homemade mixed berry sorbet) - I only had one sweet, but I had many snacks. Still Better.
    - Drink water and only 1 soda - :) Surprising, but true.
    - Dinner as a family - 3 out of 4, but it was Subway, not home cooked
    - Log my food, its ok if I go over a bit as long as I log accurately - :( yeah, no. Complete fail
    - Laundry because there is always laundry - :( Nope ended up running too many errands.

JFT Wednesday
    - Log food
    - Enjoy time with the teens at church this evening
    - Read my Bible, this has been a fail lately
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive thought: Even though you need to take out a loan to buy a new phone, the new phones are really nice.

Today I hope to do a little better than yesterday. My motivation for life in general has been really low for the past 6 months or so. Even when I feel I'm having a normal day, I struggle to do everyday things like go to work. The weight causes the depression and the depression causes the weight. The only exception is severe depression. Then I lose weight. Being crazy sucks.

Y'all have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to have it. We are unseasonably hot right now and I kinda like it.

• Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    - Eat 3 meals and one snack (homemade mixed berry sorbet) - I only had one sweet, but I had many snacks. Still Better.
    - Drink water and only 1 soda - :) Surprising, but true.
    - Dinner as a family - 3 out of 4, but it was Subway, not home cooked
    - Log my food, its ok if I go over a bit as long as I log accurately - :( yeah, no. Complete fail
    - Laundry because there is always laundry - :( Nope ended up running too many errands.

JFT Wednesday
    - Log food
    - Enjoy time with the teens at church this evening
    - Read my Bible, this has been a fail lately
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive thought: Even though you need to take out a loan to buy a new phone, the new phones are really nice.

Today I hope to do a little better than yesterday. My motivation for life in general has been really low for the past 6 months or so. Even when I feel I'm having a normal day, I struggle to do everyday things like go to work. The weight causes the depression and the depression causes the weight. The only exception is severe depression. Then I lose weight. Being crazy sucks.

Y'all have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to have it. We are unseasonably hot right now and I kinda like it.

I totally get what you mean!! Now my "low level" depression makes me eat more and put on weight. But when I'm really really really down I can't eat and lose weight! It's madness!!

My motivation was at an all time low too, and yesterday I kicked butt! Today I have to try a lot harder but as long as I do the same or better each day I'll get there! And so will you! Are you taking part in the challenge?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    WFTY: Climbing. Running outside is just plain harder for me. I couldn't even manage a mile without dropping to a walk. :( BUT! My weight has dropped a good bit - I'm hoping it's an ACTUAL drop and not just releasing water since I haven't lifted in a week. Fingers crossed.

Fingers also crossed for one of our furbabies. He did not come scampering out for breakfast with the other two and just seemed uncomfortable and unhappy. Husband has called in to school and is taking him to the vet. I hope everything is okay.

Is that running outside as opposed to running on the treadmill? You might be running too fast and wearing yourself out - I used to do that a lot. I'd recommend starting really slowly - so slowly it feels odd - and then gradually building up the speed as you go. That might help! It is harder though. One of the other tips I've been given is when you run on the treadmill, run with an incline - even a very small one. That's more similar to outside conditions and so it doesn't feel as hard in comparison when you run outside. Hope that helps!

I hope your furbaby isn't too sick and gets better soon. It's horrible when furbabies are sick, they feel like our real babies (speaking as someone who hasn't had a baby, of course). Sending lots of positive vibes for a speedy recovery your way!

Well, MFP claims that I'm not actually running. I'm SOOOO SLOW. Like... four miles an hour... if I'm lucky. It took me 32 minutes to get two miles in this morning. It sucks SO much. MFP says four MPH is walking. UGH.

Furbaby had a UTI, poor dear. Husband said once they got back home he did start eating and seemed a lot better. So, yay!

I just don't like exercise, and I like overeating. It's an unfortunate combination :joy:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Phew, just did my Sweaty Betty workout! It's killer!

Still need to log final bit of food and I'll know how I did today! But I think I've done good!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday October 2nd.

Late posting and I'm struggling with my iPad as it is refusing to open my fitness pal other than on the app making it difficult to just pop into this bit

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) just but that's not enough at the moment
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Sat tend to Happy Scale trend >:) still going in the wrong direction
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    02/19: CW: 156.4 - 0.8 😃

JFT: Wed 02 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 😌
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🙂
    • Knee Physio 🦵🏿
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🚶‍♀️🤠
    • am: Garden Group we found out 1st thing that one of our friends lost his wife on Sunday night, and the funeral was this morning. She went in for a double heart bypass, and was doing okay until she took an infection, and didn’t survive it.
    • After lunch: grocery Shop 🍐🍊🍌🥦🌽🥕🍞🍫🍫🍫🍅🥬 Lots of fresh food!
    • 7000+ steps 🚶‍♀️8500 +

JFT: Thu 03 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 10.45: Dance class
    • 14.00: Shakespeare Study Group
    • 7000+ steps
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1 [/b/]
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 183.4 (current weight today) -1.2

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating - did much better today
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi - no, because I went out for breakfast.
    3. 8+ water - but ... I did manage to get in my 8 glasses ... 2 with each meal, and 2 more tonite
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack -- had a bowl of cantalope ... and that will be it for tonite!

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack