Log all food 🌻
    15 minutes of exercise ☹️
    5 something at bathroom break 🌻

JFT - Friday Oct 4
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of Exercise
    5 something at bathroom breaks

Well today wasn’t perfect, my hip was hurting and I was exhausted! At least I resisted a Coke and got my water in. So I’ll try better today.

I have so much I want to comment on, but can’t find the time right now to do so.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Recap 10/3 R ~ Raining again. *sigh* :'( We have broken the precipitation record FOR THE YEAR and it's only the beginning of October.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000 = 9,116 steps (not bad for non-dog walk day), 250+ 12/14 (lost track of time at work) & 31 floors :)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO SNACKS in evening / net calories zero / 14c water = Woohoo! Net cals green 20 :smiley: , sodium -656, sugar -5, fiber & protein good, 11c water (again, lost track during crazy day in office)
    3) More planning at work :# encountered some cans of worms, but w/ assist from JJ, got things worked out / call Controller for info (really don't want to) :smiley: he picked up on first ring & call actually went very well (now that he knows I am rational, listen to his concerns/issues & can adjust accordingly, so we came to agreement + another extension = he even replied all to confirmation email with ty) / clear more Inbox :neutral: keeping pace / declutter little work table no time
    4) Evening: finalize grocery list :) / choir 6:30 :smiley: / grocery shop & put stuff away :) / newspapers too tired / wash dishes :# put what I could in dishwasher / compost bucket out to bin :) / other? nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :mrgreen: by 10:00 (walk dog F before work ~ no rain forecast!)

JFT F 10/4
    1) YAY! Not raining & I got up an hour before sunrise to walk dog (we both wore our LED gear) before work 3.17 mi 58:56 & stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete PA draft for JJ / update & have RMS send initiation memo to Bob K / update OneNote for FY20 / continue to clear Inbox / register for seminar / other?
    5) Evening: pick up race packet / gas in car / prep clothes & extra clothes in case of rain & wallet for Sat. a.m. / organize trunk of car & hang up folding chair / set up tracker for race / hand wash remaining dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / alarm 6:30 / bed & tv off 10:20

Sat. will be very busy: I am walking in the Pink Pumpkin 5K downtown at 8 a.m., then hitting the downtown farmers market, picking up my birdseed order at the Wildlife Sanctuary, and going to a craft sale at the nearby pavilion. Rain is predicted (of course) but I'm hoping it holds off at least until I finish the race. And the entire time, hubby will be sleeping. :D Later in the day, I sing with choir at church service, so need to remember to be there by 4:40. Whew!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Gratitude Journal
    • I joyfully receive the gift of today
    • There are dozens of goldfinches feeding outside my window
    • Lorenzo has passed
    • The scale is being kind
    Morning Mantra:
    I am Strong! I am Healthy! I am full of vitality! All is well with my world

I LOVE THIS! I haven't started my day with a Gratitude Journal. Maybe that is the key to a positive mentality today. Thank you for sharing!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Good luck in your race! I hope it doesn't rain on you. I didn't realize the Saturday farmer's market was still going. Thanks for mentioning that.

@bookmeister86 I meant to congratulate you on your interviews and the effort you are putting in to change your situation! Even if you don't get a position, you are learning and growing just by doing the interview. I know it is difficult and stressful so I'm praying you find the perfect position soon! I do think that the inside position will help you move into your next role outside the organization. I believe each step leads to the next until we reach that ultimate goal. Also, thank you for the cyber hugs. I did feel them. xoxo

@abj1014 I'm so happy to hear from you! So happy things are going well with baby. Hugs! You are missed and I'm glad to hear you are lurking. We don't want to lose touch forever!

@mytime6630 I am so happy to know you. I hope we can meet up in person some day. I might just need to make that happen in a spur of the moment road trip!

Have a great day everyone!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Feeling good today! So glad its a Friday. Happy Friday to all! Six day work week isnt as easy as it used to be, but I'm down to 5 next week woohoo! Got myself back on track the last few days and it's benefiting my psyche, my work performance at work and at home, and I'm really glad I was able to shift gears. I was even able to do my chores BEFORE work this morning and pack my lunch. Apple and cheddar cheese is my new favorite snack! Also, craving so much dairy which I had mostly given up prior...but I'm listening to my body and adding it back in moderation with yogurt and milk (to help the crazy heartburn).

DH started a new job this week after not getting his dream job, so its been a bit of a tough transition. Gotta do what we gotta do though. I'm treating him to his favorite chinese food tonight. I dont mind indulging since im back to practicing my 80/20 rule.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: Β»
    Feeling good today! So glad its a Friday. Happy Friday to all! Six day work week isnt as easy as it used to be, but I'm down to 5 next week woohoo! Got myself back on track the last few days and it's benefiting my psyche, my work performance at work and at home, and I'm really glad I was able to shift gears. I was even able to do my chores BEFORE work this morning and pack my lunch. Apple and cheddar cheese is my new favorite snack! Also, craving so much dairy which I had mostly given up prior...but I'm listening to my body and adding it back in moderation with yogurt and milk (to help the crazy heartburn).

DH started a new job this week after not getting his dream job, so its been a bit of a tough transition. Gotta do what we gotta do though. I'm treating him to his favorite chinese food tonight. I dont mind indulging since im back to practicing my 80/20 rule.

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

Ohh the heartburn! How could I forget! Can't believe you're 17 weeks already! That's gone SO fast! Glad the bleed wasn't anything serious, I never had anything like that but it must have been so scary! But I've heard it's pretty common but you should always get it checked every time!
    You're nearly halfway there!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    For @PackerFanInGB .. to make you smile!
    NAPPY HATS!

6dqky21h7zcg.jpg
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well I've had a good day today! In the green, got some waters in! Lot dog walking including the dog! So not gonna exercise tonight because I'm like 300caps in the green so there's not much point! Plus I'm a little sore! I would like to but I'm gonna have a rest I think! I think I've earnt it lol!
    Gonna weigh in tomorrow for challenge, I'm hoping I've lost some lol!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    For @PackerFanInGB .. to make you smile!
    NAPPY HATS!

6dqky21h7zcg.jpg

Oh my gosh! IT DID! IT DID MAKE ME SMILE! She is just the cutest little sweetie ever! I could just hug her right up! Thank you my friend! xoxo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    03/19: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 πŸ˜ƒ

JFT: Fri 04 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • 10.00: Latin Study🌟
    • 14.00: Parchment Craft 🌟
    • 7000+ steps 🌟

JFT: Sat 04 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Local shopping
    • buy winter shoes
    • Stow 🧺
    • 7000+ steps
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today) -2.4

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating - did so much better today, even though I was still awake at 3 am!! Usually when I am tired, I eat and eat. Had a subway sandwich for lunch, and went out with a friend... had a turkey wrap, but only ate half of that, and half of the coleslaw.
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :) I want to give up soda... down to just 1 bottle now.
    3. 8+ water :)
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack :/ But ... my snack was popcorn, then grapes, so if I don't count the popcorn, only one snack!

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So got into the snacks las night but miraculously stayed in the green!
    Need to not do that tonight!

@mytime6630 you're smashing this challenge!! Keep going!
  • Bex953172
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE!

Start Date: 1st October

SW: 183.5
    GW: 178.5
    CW: 182.0 -1.5lb

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone!

Having a nice weekend so far. The boyfriend has gone gliding for the day, so I'm by myself. But rather than feeling lonely and sorry for myself I'm actually rather enjoying it. I've decided not to do any job stuff today, instead am having a mix of relaxing and catching up on housework/life admin. It feels lovely! I'm going to go to the gym in a bit and then potentially relax with a cup of tea and a good book.

One of the things I've done today might interest you. I did my online food shopping - this in itself isn't particularly interesting. But what is (potentially) interesting is that I didn't just buy food for this week/ general food cupboard. I also bought food to have in for next week (as I'm going away this weekend) and for the week after I come back from holiday (going away in two weeks).

I did this because I listened to a Half Size Me podcast about how to not gain when you go on vacation and she talked about how it's often not just the vacation that's the problem, but the week after - as you haven't had time to go shopping/ prep food/ plan in your workouts. So often you have a whole extra week of not eating well and not exercising well, which adds to the holiday weight gain. This resonated as it definitely happens with me, not just when I have a week away but also when I have a weekend away or a busy weekend. So I have bought in lots of the ingredients for 'quick meals' and am also planning to batch cook some chilli con carne and freeze it for when I get back.

I thought that was really useful advice - hope it's useful for others too!

Anyway, yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :neutral:Gah, I forgot to add a couple of things - will add after this
    - Stick to food plan :/Er, May have had a little more wine than planned.... Plus some yoghurt
    - 5+ bottles water :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :/not about the wine!
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Finish work by 6pm :smile:
    - Do holiday planning :/didn't feel like being productive
    - Gratitude journal :/fell asleep on sofa and then crawled into bed without doing!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 5+ bottles water
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Book holiday!
    - Do dishes
    - Gratitude journal

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188.6
    Current weight 187.6

JFT - Friday Oct 4
    2L of water ☹️
    Log all food 🌻
    15 minutes of exercise ☹️
    5 something at bathroom break 🌻

JFT - Saturday October 5
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of Exercise
    5 something at bathroom breaks

My hip is hurting again from my two days of exercise and I was exhausted the last two nights so didn’t get my 15 minutes in. I’ll get it in today for sure and maybe a little more.

Kaitlyn is picking me up and we are going to my cousins for a girls night, there will be adult beverages, munchies and too much junk but we have had this planned for two months and I’m going to enjoy it.

I hope that everyone has a great day.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Very inactive day doing prep for Creative Writing on Monday. Wet day meant I had to walk in front of Strictly Come Dancing tonight to get my daily steps in.

The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    03/19: CW: 156.2 - 1 lb πŸ˜ƒ

JFT: Sat 05 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate πŸ˜‚
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Local shopping 🌟
    • buy winter shoes 😏 Nope!
    • Stow 🧺 😏 Nope!
    • 7000+ steps 🌟

JFT: Sun 06 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • Stow 🧺
    • 7000+ steps
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am behind and am not responding to your posts. I'm not meeting any goals at the moment and really need to get my act together! Happy Scale trend is not good! Struggling as we have friends visiting and I'm cooking nice meals with wine and not meeting exercise goals. I'm continuing to struggle with my computer making it hard to keep up with posts, I don't know what the problem is but I only see the adverts and not the text when I use safari on my iPad. I'm having to use the app and it does not keep my place so I have to log in each time and navigate to this thread. Sending hugs to you all.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Just had a big old post typed and I moved my phone and it disappeared. Ahh! Anyway, ive had a good weekend, albeit a bit overindulgent. DH surprised me with early birthday dinner date and apple picking! My cousins come over today and i get to share my news. I have the week meal planned and ive done a lot of prep to get my chores out of the way early to make the week go a little smoother. Hope you all had a great weekend!