@bookmeister86 🍾🥂Congratulations 🍾🥂
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    08/10: CW: 156.0 new

JFT: Tue 08 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • 10.30: Craft Group 🌟
    • 7pm: Crochet Group 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟

JFT: Wed 09 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: grocery shopping
    • after lunch: work on patchwork
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options

JFTuesday
    Exercise :) elliptical and walked at work, plus bonus walk in evening. Have to take it easy since I’ve hurt my back.
    Track calories :) as long as I don’t spoil it, in the green!

JFT Wed
    Track calories
    Visit my father
    Try not to go insane as I work at home with all 3 kids off of school
    Do something for self care
    Get some laundry done while working at home.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite. ⭐️
    2. Drink 68+ oz of water🥺
    3. Get up and move every hour🥺
    4. Reach step goal⭐️
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity⭐️. Walked Maddie. Heard owls. Saw bunnies.
    6. 30 minutes of self-care⭐️
    7. Spend time reading the Word tonight⭐️
    8. Half Size Me podcast⭐️
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight⭐️
    10. Evening Routine⭐️
    11. Lights out by 10:30 p.m.⭐️

Did good yesterday! I managed to blend my 30 minutes of self care into taking my dog for a walk and listening to podcasts, so that was actually nice! Then I hopped in shower and was settled in before The Voice started.

It worked out so well, I did it again tonight. Hoping this turns into a habit. I don’t walk fast or far in 30 minutes but I imagine that will get better with time. 🙃

I did not have time to post goals today but they would have been the same as yesterday. I had same outcomes too.

Tomorrow is work at home day so I will post goals in the morning. ♥️
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 5+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smiley:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile: Successfully talked myself out of having a gin with bake off, which I was quite pleased about. That's become a little habitual so it was good to avoid it
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Finish work by 5.15 :smile:
    - Give blood (or attempt to, haha) :smile: It did turn out to be 'attempt to' as I got turned away for having low iron... Thankfully after I'd only waited 5 mins rather than 45 like previously! I don't actually have low iron, but they want you to have high iron for donation and I didn't meet that criteria. I mentioned that I hadn't been eating very healthily lately and was a bit tired from stress and she said both those things can lower iron. So that's incentive to look after myself a bit better!
    - Clean shoes :smile: YES! I'm really pleased with myself for doing this, they'd been hanging around waiting to be cleaned for weeks and I finally did it, even though I was feeling lazy. It took ages as well, I appear to have bought some shoes that mark really easily and spent ages cleaning a red?! smear off one
    - Sort out money :/Didn't get round to this though. Forgot about bake off when I planned to do it!
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 5+ bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Get flu jab
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Look at job emails
    - Reply to holiday emails
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!!

It's been so long! There's been so much going on! We moved. I started a new job. Matt went back to work.

Just so much craziness! I managed to stay the same weight-ish. I've been eating pretty terribly. I have been cooking more recently. It's been nice. I have a full stovetop and oven.

I can't wait to read back through some posts and see how everyone is doing!

JFT, 10-7-19

1. Log all food(good bad & ugly)😁
    2. Stop by the house and put food in the crock😁
    3. Hit my step goal😁

It's almost 730 here so way too late to set goals. My only goal right now is to manage to take a shower before bed.

I had a great day today! We found something that my student at the school really likes to do. He likes to make things with Knex. A kind of building toy that works with joints and sticks. We found that if you put a picture card with an example of a project he'll ignore the steps and just use the picture to build it. I've been giving him increasingly difficult ones over the last two days and he's been knocking them out of the park! It's been great to see.

I had a session with my ABA boys today. They are the most adorable things in the world. I love working with them. I usually work with them at an aftercare facility after school. School's are closed tomorrow in the district for a Jewish holiday so I'm going to the boys home to do a play session. I'll be by myself for the first time. I'm a little nervous about that but I know it'll be fine. Me and my supervisor talked about me picking up more hours over the next few months so that was exciting today too.

Okay, I'm gonna make some goals for tomorrow right now.

JFT, 10/9/19

1. Log all food
    2. Hit step goal
    3. Boy's house by 3pm
    4. Figure out dinner

Omg I used to LOVE Knex!!! My brother had a massive box of the stuff!! He had to help me when I was younger because sometimes I couldn't snap them apart, but he also used this to his advantage and "locked" the box.. using Knex lol!!!

But we did all sorts! We made big forts and then used our nerf guns on each other and he got a (can't remember what it was called) but he made like a rollercoaster going all the way down the stairs lol! It was a special kit to do it lol!

Ahh thanks for the nostalgia lol!
  • Bex953172
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE!

ROUND 3
    Start Date: 1st October

SW: 183.5
    GW: 178.5
    CW: 182.0 -1.5lb

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE!
    ROUND 4
    Start Date: 9th October

SW: 179.5
    GW: 174.5
    CW: 179.5 -0.0lb

Sooo I was down quite a few lbs today? Kind of shocked me lol! I'm out the 180s! I weighed 3 times because I didn't believe it and moved the scales and it's all the same?!
    If bookmeister hadn't won then I'd be 1lb off by now LOL!

The last few days I haven't even logged, but still been walking a lot and I don't think I've overate even if I've been eating cr@p!

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've not been on here for a while and dieting has taken a back seat. I'm hoping if I post a few aims JFT I will be more aware of my eating and I'll exercise more. Weighed myself this morning, pleased and surprised that I've not gained anything (see, I can maintain, just too high lol)

So JFT Wednesday 9th October

Walk
    Do back exercises
    Practice gratitude
    Lift the red bag as a reminder (it weighs 30lbs)
    Finish sorting bedroom, clothes to charity shop
    Do not buy chocolate (I don't know how to write this without using a negative! The aim is not to bring chocolate into the house)

I see you have just started a new 5lb challenge, and I'd like to join please. I lose slowly but it will focus my mind :)

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 9/10 181
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. Stay lectin free👍
    5. Journal👍
    6. Meditate 👎 fell asleep before I could!

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Stay lectin free
    5. Journal
    6. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I forgot to weigh in for the challenge before chugging a bunch of water and coffee 🤦‍♀️, I will have to tomorrow.

Yesterday was terrible..I got so overwhelmed and upset at work and just ate everything in sight. I can really feel what the past week and a half has done with my overeating, I'm like spilling over my jeans 😭😭 I'm sure a lot of it is water but it's still not something I'm happy about. And to top everything off I dropped my pretty cup I was all excited about yesterday and put a big scuff in it lol 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

It's a new day though and I will not let stress get the best of me.

Yesterday 10/8:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do laundry😔
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow😔
    5. Cook dinner😔

JFT 10/9:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do NOT let stress take over
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow
    5. Cook dinner
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE #3
    Name: Carmela
    Start Date (for me): October 2

SW: 166.0
    GW: 161.0
    CW: 166.5 change +0.5lb oops :D

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE #4
    Name: Carmela
    Start Date (for me): October 9

SW: 166.5 went up instead of down... oops
    GW: 161.5
    CW: 166.5 change -0.0lb
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Cook dinner at home ✔
    3. Find place for oil change tomorrow ✔
    4. Drink water ✔
    5. Call insurance re: covered testing ✔
    6. Be kind, let go of stress ✔
    7. Make lunch for DH ✔
    8. Bed by 930 ✔

JFT Wednesday
    1. Cancel oil change (found better deal elsewhere)
    2. Email about pack n play
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Drink water
    5. Make target list - go to target
    6. Dinner with mom and meme
    7. Bed by 930
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Work at home day, so I'm in a good mood. LOL!

This morning I have an appointment with an Integrative Medicine doctor at our clinic. She focuses on healing the body, mind and spirit as a whole and tries to use the most natural ways, mixed with medicine if needed, to help a person be the best they can be. I've worked with her, and she's just an awesome lady, so I'm excited.

@littleblackskirt WELCOME! I'm happy to see you! You were missed. :heart:

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 187.4
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

Wednesday - J4T
    Journal every bite.
    Drink 68+ oz of water
    Get up and move every hour
    Reach step goal
    30 minutes intentional activity
    30 minutes of self-care
    Spend time reading the Word tonight
    Half Size Me podcast
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    Evening Routine
    Lights out by 10:30 p.m.

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap T 10/8
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000 = Fitbit 10,057 steps :smiley: , 250+ 12/14 (need to pay attention more) & 33 floors
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water = Net cals -3 :D , sodium green :o , sugar -16, fiber & protein v good, 14c water
    3) Organize FY19 notes :) in process / organize chapter name tags for next week's seminar & supplies to be turned over to replacement :) feels so good / update records request lists / other? :smiley: downloaded member list & loaded in SharePoint / organized papers on little table / organized chapter records file (another "feels so good")
    4) Evening: move another sq ft of rocks :D + removed old weed barrier fabric & filled with compost... slowly but surely I will be able to plant in this area next year / drain rain barrel into jugs :) / take birdseed out of car & put into containers :) / refill feeders :) / other? :) folded hubby's clean work shirts & took upstairs / put away clean dishes / got mail (must've run late) / decluttered coffee table / digital decluttering
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (walk dog W before work)

JFT W 10/9
    1) Walked dog before work 3.26 mi 59:57 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:@PackerFanInGB You reminded me, I heard an owl the other morning on our walk, too. Love that!
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Continue to organize FY19 notes / update records request lists / Cognos online training / check chapter emails / other?
    5) Leave office 3:30 / wellness appt (complimentary life coach) 4:00 - 5:30 / defrost ground beef / recharge LED vest / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / body feeling tired lately so bed & tv off 9:45 (walk dog before work R)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 180.8 (current weight today) -1.8 . I think all the working outside is the reason I am dropping weight this week!

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for yesterday
    1. mindful eating. Did really good until last nite .. when I gave in to eating 2 cookies! But, I was so proud that sunday I baked 3 batches of cookies, and 2 kinds of breads, and did not eat any of them. So I am OK with just eating 2 .. plus, I worked my butt outside all day, so I think I earned it!
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :)
    3. 8+ water:( -- outside a lot, so forgot the water.
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack:)

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Is round 4 starting today? Or yesterday? I forget?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Collect PRs. ROL "This I Believe." Finish project. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Collect PRs. ROL "This I Believe." Finish project. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: PARENT CALLS. Revise unit plan. Grade all work in black folder.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Omelet.
    8. Read 10 pages of Totalitarianism. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:30.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review current unit plan.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Check daily plan; send work for EW.
    3. Class 1: ROL "Gretel." Check POV. Check tense. Count dialogue. Identify tags. Do the same for "Witch." Revise "Villain POV."
    4. Class 2-3: ROL "Gretel." Check POV. Check tense. Count dialogue. Identify tags. Do the same for "Witch." Revise "POV" and type it as "Villain POV."
    5. Planning: PARENT CALLS. Revise unit plan. Grade all work in black folder. Cover class.
    6. Lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Pizza.
    8. Read 10 pages of Totalitarianism. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Weight is at a new low - not counting a few weeks ago when I went to the ER and couldn't keep any food down for two days. It's SO nice to see the scale starting to make consistent progress DOWNWARD. I got no parent calls or grading done yesterday, but today I only have to cover like 25 minutes of someone's class during my planning. (Bleh.)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Started on the 8th, but I didn't weigh til today lol so my stats say the 9th lol

Your weight is dropping off! Well done!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh I feel so run down today.

I was feeling sick most the morning and so I took some Gaviscon. And it's stopped me feeling sick but my backside has not been well today (lol tmi sorry!)
    But the cramps are horrible and so painful. I've not been able to eat all day and I just feel so dehydrated.
    I had to push both girls in the pram to collect Saskia too from school.
    I just want to sleep sleep sleep. But ash should be home soon.

So weigh in tomorrow should be interesting lol! (I won't add it into the challenge though lol)

Hope everyone else is well today.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Started on the 8th, but I didn't weigh til today lol so my stats say the 9th lol

Your weight is dropping off! Well done!

Thanks bex. Remember how hard I just could not get out of the 190s! I am so glad to finally see the scale moving :) Now is the time of year that I always gain .. between halloween and xmas. So this challenge is great for that.
    You are also doing great!!! Just seeing those 170s numbers.. proud of you!!