JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Faebert We’re with you all the way. You can do this! One day at a time.

@clicketykeys OMG! I hope you are okay. You must be in shock. Don’t beat yourself up about it. You seem to have it covered. I’m wondering why you are still at school after totalling your car? Surely you need a few days to recover.

@AJB1014 Arghhh! I’ve done that so often 😂 It’s so annoying!!!
    🍾🥂🎂 Happy Birthday in advance!!!

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    03/19: CW: 155.9 - 1.3 lb 😃

JFT: Sun 06 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • Stow 🧺
    • 7000+ steps

JFT: Mon 07 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 10.30: Creative Writing Group
    • 2pm: Monday Painters Group
    • 7000+ steps

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today have been incredibly challenging. I wrecked the car on the way to school yesterday and so I'm dealing with insurance and trying not to hate myself for being irresponsible and incautious and UGH. Now we are going to have MORE DEBT and it's MY FAULT.

I'm struggling to stay focused and get through teaching and grading (I've got a lovely big stack of presentations and discussion responses) and all I want to do is curl up and sulk.

I totally missed this post!
    There is nothing worse than crashing a car. It brings up all the worst emotions!
    I have frequently done things that cause us more debt and god I hated myself more than I've hated anything, like a really angry hate.

But it didn't help or solve anything, it just made me feel worse. Anyone can have an accident at any time! Regardless of experience so try not to put yourself down!

Just try let go of the emotion whilst you're dealing with it

Hugs xxx
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review current unit plan.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Input grades for 2-3 and print progress reports. Scan caricature and set up poster!
    3. Class 1: Computers; review project and finish typing. Hand out progress reports.
    4. Class 2-3: Computers; review project and finish typing. Hand out progress reports. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: Revise next unit plan. Finish That Escalated Quickly and update Goodreads.
    6. Lifting? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Bibimbap or omelet.
    8. Read 10 pages of Totalitarianism. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. The weather is FINALLY starting to cool down. Last night at the haunted house started off uncomfortable but got much better as the evening went on. Today at Oktoberfest it was misty and cool in the morning, and even when it cleared up in the afternoon it was just comfortably warm. I had a tiny sample of the pumpkin spice fudge yesterday and it was delicious!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys OMG! I hope you are okay. You must be in shock. Don’t beat yourself up about it. You seem to have it covered. I’m wondering why you are still at school after totalling your car? Surely you need a few days to recover.

*laugh* A lot of my colleagues said the same thing until I Looked at them and said "I have no sub plans except the 'emergency' ones, which will throw off the entire unit." And they nodded in understanding XD

It's almost ALWAYS easier to just to push through unless you're in the hospital and you CANNOT make it in.
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than crashing a car.

Ahahahaha! The one thing I kept telling myself was that it COULD have been worse. Like, the logical part of me acknowledges that nobody was seriously injured. Oh, and it wasn't somebody on the way in to the school! If it had been a student or a parent or a fellow teacher, dealing with that fallout would have been SO awkward.

I’m so sorry you had this to deal with @clicketykeys but I also laughed at the bolded because it was just so familiar! The first year I was teaching my boss was my cover teacher for when I had planning time. I worked so hard to leave her ‘perfect’ lessons to teach it completely negated the effect of having planning time in the first place...
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I’m back on track this Monday and feeling super motivated! Done a good home workout and ready to take on the week.

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags
    - Absence paperwork to school on arrival
    - Agree conference marking arrangements
    - Sort chrome books and scratch lesson
    - Confirm parent meeting time
    - Finalise display
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - No grazing, even on fruit! If I didn’t bring it, I don’t eat it!!!
    - Leave by 5:30
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Some form of self-care in evening

Have a great Monday alll x
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all, I’m back on track this Monday and feeling super motivated! Done a good home workout and ready to take on the week.

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags
    - Absence paperwork to school on arrival
    - Agree conference marking arrangements
    - Sort chrome books and scratch lesson
    - Confirm parent meeting time
    - Finalise display
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - No grazing, even on fruit! If I didn’t bring it, I don’t eat it!!!
    - Leave by 5:30
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Some form of self-care in evening

Have a great Monday alll x

Yesssss it's great to have you back!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Where is @maryrobinson40 ?!?! Has anyone heard from her?
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 169.25 -5.25

So apparently I have managed to drop 5.25lb in one week... I knew I was bloated when I weighed in originally!

This is clearly mainly water weight, it's not possible for even half of this to be 'real' weight (particularly given what I've eaten). I was pre-period when I weighed in so probably quite a bit has come off purely because of that.

So I don't think this should really count for the challenge - everyone else should carry on with that until someone genuinely loses 5lb! I'll join in again on the next one.

I'm happy for the weight to have come off regardless though. I'm now only 5lb above the weight I was before I started gaining weight recently. So one more challenge and I should be back to normal :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 5+ bottles water
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Finish work by 7.30pm
    - Book car for holiday
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Exercise at home
    4. Stay lectin free
    5. Meditate
    6. Journal
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188.6
    Current weight 189.7

JFT - Monday Oct 7
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of Exercise
    5 something at bathroom breaks

Well the weekend wasn’t as bad as it could have been for sure, but I blew it all last night when I got home and Rodger decided pizza for supper. I ate a whole medium pizza by myself. I never do this and I’m feeling it this morning. I will drink lots of water today and probably not have much else because I feel so bad.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I always consider Monday as a new week and a new start!

@clicketykeys and @Faebert I'm sending you both hugs! xoxo

@bookmeister86 Congrats on the 5 lbs! Water weight or not, it's still 5 lbs! That's awesome! The water weight bloated feeling just stinks!

@aubyshortcake Good for you! You go girl! Electric blue high heels would make me feel like struttin' my stuff so that's got to be a confidence booster. :wink: What you said about your clothes lately really hit home. I actually looked for something nice and professional to wear today and couldn't find anything that fits anymore. Thus the leggings and long tonic tops and flats I've been wearing and feeling frumpy in. I need to go buy some new clothes that fit me now that look more professional. I actually work in a very professional setting and so time to step it up. These last 2 years, I've been not taking care of my appearance very well and that's not like me. Thanks for the reminder!

@HEGoddard0928 I'm so happy to see you back!!! You moved? Did you move to that bigger house you were talking about? How exciting! You have a new job? We need to hear more when you have time! I think MY biggest question is....now that you have a whoe kitchen, do you still have a sink full of dishes???? BWAHAHAHA! hugs xxx

@Snowflake1968 I am glad you had a fun girls' weekend! xxoo

Everyone else, I'm thinking about you all. Just have to get some goals down so I can get some work done! I'll check in later.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Drink 68+ oz of water
    3. Get up and move every hour
    4. Reach step goal
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity
    6. 30 minutes of self-care
    7. Spend time reading the Word tonight
    8. Half Size Me podcast
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    10. Evening Routine
    11. Lights out by 10:30 p.m.

WOTY 2019: Tenacity I will NOT give up!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Yes! We finally moved up to the front house! To answer your question we have a DISHWASHER! The new job I have is an ABA therapist position. To break it down it's basically behavior modification for children with Autism. My first two clients are 3yo boys. They're effing ADORABLE! I'm so so so glad that they're my first ones!

I ate a peanut butter chocolate bar at like 9am. Very dumb idea. Gave me such a stomach ache.

A DISHWASHER! Oh boy! Your prayers have been answered! LOL! :mrgreen: I must tell you, I will miss you chastizing yourself over doing your dishes! hahaha!

Your job sounds so fulfilling! I'm so happy for you, Hannah!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    JFT M 10/7 ~ We are in a four day stretch with no rain forecast ~ yippee!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.21 mi 60:00 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Catch up work inbox / professional reading / other?
    5) Evening: at least 2 items on to-do list / Schwan's delivery / charge LED headlamp
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog T before work)

On Sat. I walked in the Pink Pumpkin 5K & very happy with my time of 44:06 ave. pace 14:12. Probably would've been under 44 if I hadn't paused to retie a shoe. Lesson learned: always double-tie for races! Dog was very sad as I drove off wearing walking gear, and it rained midday onward, so no walk for dog.

We made up for it on Sunday when dog and I walked 4.81 miles. Then I did yard tasks & weeded on the berm for an hour, while dog wandered around yard and hubby mowed lawn. We finished by relaxing on the patio to admire the results of our work & hubby threw tennis balls for dog. By evening, dog could barely keep her eyes open! Hubby and I made beef stew for supper (simmered on stove while I watched Packers pull out a win!). So good to eat a hearty supper after an active day. :smiley:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Mail land check
    3. Eat dinner at home
    4. Call doctors office re: ultrasound
    5. Drink water
    6. Tire appointment
    7. Bed by 930