JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Long crazy busy weekend, well until about 5pm Sunday at which point I crashed on the couch for 3 hours and then I still managed to sleep like a rock last night.

Saturday was a church carnival. I set up from 8:00 to 1:00pm. We ended up having nearly 200 kids from then I painted faces for 5 solid hours (I only even stood up twice during the 5 hours) it was crazy, but good. Sunday S had a crew regatta in Pittsburgh so it was a 4:00am wake-up call and a 3 hour drive. She rowed well, but her boats didn't place.

This week has a theater focus for V whose show opens Friday.

JFT Monday

Not really up to making goals that I don't have the energy to meet. Maybe tomorrow.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You guys are reminding me that I need to go clothes shopping. Some of my new clothes are now a tad hangy, and I guess I’m just not prepared to look skaggy anymore! Also need new winter shoes.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃

JFT: Mon 07 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • 10.30: Creative Writing Group 🌟
    • 2pm: Monday Painters Group 🌟
    • 7000+ steps 🌟

JFT: Tue 08 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 10.30: Craft Group
    • 7pm: Crochet Group
    • 7000+ steps

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Excuse me, but rules are rules!! YOU WON ROUND 3 OF THE CHALLENGE!

The rules were, make sure your scales are effecient and in the same place when you weigh
    weigh a couple of times to ensure accuracy
    No extreme dieting

There are so many things at play when losing weight, water weight, period weight, sickness LOL and you could well be up again tomorrow! But its too hard to take ALL of this into account so i said aslong as it shows a 5lb weight drop, you win!

5LBS CHALLENGE WINNER BOARD

Round 1: TerriRichardson!
    Round 2: TerriRichardson!!
    Round 3: Bookmeister!

Round 4 starts tomorrow! (8th October!)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Long crazy busy weekend, well until about 5pm Sunday at which point I crashed on the couch for 3 hours and then I still managed to sleep like a rock last night.

Saturday was a church carnival. I set up from 8:00 to 1:00pm. We ended up having nearly 200 kids from then I painted faces for 5 solid hours (I only even stood up twice during the 5 hours) it was crazy, but good. Sunday S had a crew regatta in Pittsburgh so it was a 4:00am wake-up call and a 3 hour drive. She rowed well, but her boats didn't place.

This week has a theater focus for V whose show opens Friday.

JFT Monday

Not really up to making goals that I don't have the energy to meet. Maybe tomorrow.

I think its good that you didnt post goals! If you're too tired theres no point making yourself feel worse if you dont get them done!
    You achieved 1 (unwritten) goal though, getting rest and looking after yourself!
    Well done on 5 HOURS of face painting! Bet you made so many kids happy!! Did you get any funny requests lol?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT M 10/7 ~ We are in a four day stretch with no rain forecast ~ yippee!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.21 mi 60:00 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Catch up work inbox / professional reading / other?
    5) Evening: at least 2 items on to-do list / Schwan's delivery / charge LED headlamp
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog T before work)

On Sat. I walked in the Pink Pumpkin 5K & very happy with my time of 44:06 ave. pace 14:12. Probably would've been under 44 if I hadn't paused to retie a shoe. Lesson learned: always double-tie for races! Dog was very sad as I drove off wearing walking gear, and it rained midday onward, so no walk for dog.

We made up for it on Sunday when dog and I walked 4.81 miles. Then I did yard tasks & weeded on the berm for an hour, while dog wandered around yard and hubby mowed lawn. We finished by relaxing on the patio to admire the results of our work & hubby threw tennis balls for dog. By evening, dog could barely keep her eyes open! Hubby and I made beef stew for supper (simmered on stove while I watched Packers pull out a win!). So good to eat a hearty supper after an active day. :smiley:

We bought Biggie a new harness today! We put him in it and he was so excited for the walk... that never happened lol! Think hes hating me right now because he keeps trumping and wont go outside for a poo. Its the worst revenge!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it’s been a long time since I’ve been on this board, but I need a new start. Weight Keeps creeping up and I think it’s affecting my health. Need to try to hold myself more accountable.
    So, I’m going to try to post on here regularly.
    JFTomorrow
    Exercise
    Track calories

And for tonight, I will not binge on sweets!

Jen
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @chemjenny Welcome back!

@Bex953172 you always make me smile! Good luck with your dog! Haha!

I agree though...@bookmeister86 won the Discard 5 lb challenge! I’m in on the new one starting tomorrow. 😁
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 169.25 -5.25

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

Great job!!!! Ready for the new challenge starting tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2019
    Options

Great to see so many familiar faces back!! We missed you!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 169.25 -5.25

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday 8th Sep
    SW (this challenge) :169
    GW (this challenge): 164
    CW: 164

You know I really like these challenges. It makes losing feel much more achievable. I've put on ten pounds recently due to work stress and losing them felt like a massive mission. But splitting them into two chunks makes it much easier. And the competition helps too! (I'm like you @TerriRichardson112)

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 5+ bottles water :neutral:Lost track but think just four
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :/Why do I always forget this? Oh wait yes, a lifetime habit of bolting my food
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:Didn't really have any
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Finish work by 7.30pm :neutral:7.45
    - Book car for holiday :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smiley:
    - Lights off by 11 :neutral:A bit later - online delivery was super late and then needed to wind down afterwards

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 5+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Finish work by 5.15
    - Give blood (or attempt to, haha)
    - Clean shoes
    - Sort out money
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, had a great day yesterday. Feels so good to be back on here and ticking off goals. This morning I feel awful - sore muscles but also like I’m coming down with something. Determined to stay focussed though so here are my goals.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - Absence paperwork to school on arrival ❎
    - Agree conference marking arrangements ✅
    - Sort chrome books and scratch lesson ✅
    - Confirm parent meeting time ✅
    - Finalise display ❎
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake✅
    - No grazing, even on fruit! If I didn’t bring it, I don’t eat it!!!✅
    - Leave by 5:30✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Some form of self-care in evening ✅

Tuesday goals:
    Workout rest morning ✅
    Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    Absence paperwork
    Parent meeting 8:30am
    Circulate display stuff to teachers
    Home lunchtime for car and shake
    No food or snacks that I haven’t brought
    After work meeting - leave by 6
    Stay within calorie goal
    Online groceries
    Lay out running kit
    Some form of self-care in evening
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Exercise at home 👍
    4. Stay lectin free👍
    5. Meditate 👍
    6. Journal👎

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Stay lectin free
    5. Journal
    6. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did not do well with my eating yesterday, BUT..I did drink a ton of water and felt very put together, so it's not a total loss. @PackerFanInGB we can do this! Just putting a little bit more thought into my outfit really did wonders for my confidence. I was too tired last night to pick my outfit though so I better put together something nice for today..🤔

@bookmeister86 congratulations!!!!!!

I definitely DO want in on this round of the challenge. I will post my weight in the morning and let some of this water weight go down.

I've been trying to stop drinking so much diet soda, so I got a pretty black Starbucks cup (it speaks to my inner goth queen hahaha) and I've been using lots of limes and just drinking water all day. The limes really help a ton! And for some reason it helps when the cup is pretty which makes no sense.. must be some psychological thing.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. I will stick to my goals today!!

Yesterday 10/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do laundry😔
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow😔

JFT 10/8:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do laundry
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow
    5. Cook dinner
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review current unit plan.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Input grades for 2-3 and print progress reports. Scan caricature and set up poster!
    3. Class 1: Computers; review project and finish typing. Hand out progress reports.
    4. Class 2-3: Computers; review project and finish typing. Hand out progress reports. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: Revise next unit plan. Finish That Escalated Quickly and update Goodreads.
    6. Lifting? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Bibimbap or omelet.
    8. Read 10 pages of Totalitarianism. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Collect PRs. ROL "This I Believe." Finish project. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Collect PRs. ROL "This I Believe." Finish project. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: Revise unit plan. Grade all work in black folder. Parent calls.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Omelet.
    8. Read 10 pages of Totalitarianism. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm super tired today. I only managed 3 miles on my run, and I'm stressing about money. The house needs repairs and we just don't have anything saved up because we scraped and saved so I could get my degree. And now I wrecked the new(ish) car. How do people do it? :(
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6
    October: 182.8

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today) -2.4

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :181.8 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.8 (current weight today)

Goals for yesterday
    1. mindful eating :) was working so hard, hardly ate anything all day.
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :)
    3. 8+ water :)
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack :) - I was so tired from working outside all day .... so just plopped in bed and watched tv.

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bookmeister86 on the latest challenge! I'm in for the next one, I'll post my w-i tomorrow.

Recap M 10/7 ~ We are in a four day stretch with no rain forecast ~ yippee!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.21 mi 60:00 = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 17,820 steps (see #5 below), 250+ 14/14 boom! 61 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Yay! Making up for all the pizza & other stuff on Sat. ;) Net cals green 96 :mrgreen: , sodium green :) , sugar -8, fiber excellent, protein ok & 15c water
    4) Catch up work inbox :) / professional reading :) / other? exchanged emails to train my replacement for chapter EMT system = yay! Then I lazed thru workday for a change :p
    5) Evening: at least 2 items on to-do list :mrgreen: took advantage of weather so cleared & hauled 1 sq ft of landscaping rocks ~ necessary evil if I want those gone = lots of physical labor! :# , boiled eggs :) , washed dishes :) / put away Schwan's delivery (reorg freezer) :# driver late, couldn't find address, then later I got message Sorry Missed Schedule so had to call this morning to not have duplicate delivery (or charge!) :) / charge LED headlamp :)
    6) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: quarter after / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: 10:30 (walk dog T before work)

JFT T 10/8
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Organize FY19 notes / organize chapter name tags for next week's seminar & supplies to be turned over to replacement / update records request notes / other?
    4) Evening: move another sq ft of rocks / drain rain barrel into jugs / birdseed out of car & into containers / refill feeders / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog W before work)

Skipped dog walk before work b/c I was so tired from activities last 3-4 days... didn't help that I woke 3:20 a.m. and was so restless I went downstairs for 15 min. Think my mind was dwelling on something work related that came up late yesterday and ticked me off. I will retire in 3 years (almost exactly!) & know this job is definitely not worth getting worked up about, so I will do my job the way I know I should, and collect my salary & benefits until then. I can put up with inane, unqualified management until then (I think) b/c that will never end.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Mail land check ✔
    3. Eat dinner at home ✔
    4. Call doctors office re: ultrasound ✔
    5. Drink water ✔
    6. Tire appointment ✔
    7. Bed by 930 ✔

JFT Tuesday
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Cook dinner at home
    3. Find place for oil change tomorrow
    4. Drink water
    5. Call insurance re: covered testing
    6. Be kind, let go of stress
    7. Make lunch for DH
    8. Bed by 930

• Mintpafu
    Mintpafu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First time doing this..really think the theme of this thread is good for me!

JFT 10/08/19
    Keeping it simple..

1. Stick to food plan.
    2. Drink water.
    3. Clean up room.