JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

WFTY: Climbing. Running outside is just plain harder for me. I couldn't even manage a mile without dropping to a walk. :( BUT! My weight has dropped a good bit - I'm hoping it's an ACTUAL drop and not just releasing water since I haven't lifted in a week. Fingers crossed.

Fingers also crossed for one of our furbabies. He did not come scampering out for breakfast with the other two and just seemed uncomfortable and unhappy. Husband has called in to school and is taking him to the vet. I hope everything is okay.

Great job on the running! I tried running, and just prefer walking. And ... I call 4 mph running!! That is a very fast walk, if they call it walking!! You had said you don't like exercise ... can you find something that does not feel like work to you, like maybe biking, swimming, or something like that? But .. proud of you for running, even if it is not something you totally enjoy!

Glad furbabies are eating now!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Phew, just did my Sweaty Betty workout! It's killer!

Still need to log final bit of food and I'll know how I did today! But I think I've done good!

Great job Bex!!!!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Interview went well. I'm not sure if I'll get the job - I think they might be looking for someone slightly different from me. But I think I did as well as I could in the interview given the experience I do actually have, which is good. The previous interview wasn't a waste of time, it taught me interview skills!

Today I have a challenging day ahead of me. But I will deal with it. I'm running to work, which should put me in a good frame of mind for it (I love endorphins). Then I will stay calm and do what I can. That's all I can do really!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 5+ bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 6pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3 October

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend. >:) Still going in the wrong direction.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what my deal is this week.. last night I ate so much that my stomach still hurts this morning! Oh well.. trying again today.

Yesterday 10/2:

1. Stay within calorie goalπŸ˜”
    2. Finish work at 5:20😁
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacksπŸ˜”
    4. Cook dinnerπŸ˜”

JFT 10/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    4. Cook dinner
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Ah man I'm tired today! All this exercise is wiping me out!!!
    But I already feel stronger. Just tire out quicker! Could really do with a power nap right now lol!!

@TerriRichardson112 did you weigh everyday when you were doing the challenge?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 I weigh everyday anyway. I track the trends using Happy Scale.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188.6
    Current weight 186.4 probably water weight)

JFT - Wednesday Oct 2
    2L of water 🌻
    Log all food - 🌻
    15 minutes of exercise - 🌻
    5 something at bathroom breaks - 🌻

JFT - Thursday Oct 3
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    5 something at bathroom break

I had been up to 190 on Monday and decided I never wanted to be there again. So I am two days in at getting my water in, have exercised for 15 minutes each night and am doing 5 somethings at bathroom breaks. My hip is hurting again, but I’m not going to let it deter me.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Recap 10/2 W ~ Another overcast, humid & dreary day but it's Hump Day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000 = Fitbit 8,011 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 40 floors :neutral:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged (eating up leftovers) / NO SNACKS after class / net calories zero / 14c water = Ack... ate banana & dry roasted peanuts after class since had to eat early supper. Net cals -549 >:) , sodium -344, sugar -35 (lots of fruits & veggies), fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    3) Do some planning at work :) / clear Inbox somewhat (it's a disaster) :neutral: / declutter little work table (anxiously awaiting new paper shredder) no time
    4) To-do's: balance bank accts :) / donation? deferred / make xfer :) / update budget s/s :) / GBBG class (put your garden to bed) 6:00 - 7:30 (take notepad & water) :smiley: got some great tips / meal plan & grocery list :neutral: started & hubby no help :p / other? decluttered a little (digital & paper) :)
    5) FLOSS :mrgreen: / RETAINERS :mrgreen: / bed & tv off 10:20 :s

JFT 10/3 R ~ Raining again *sigh* We have broken the precipitation record FOR THE YEAR and it's only the beginning of October.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings / Fitbit 10,000
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO SNACKS in evening / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) More planning at work / call Controller for info (really don't want to) / clear more Inbox / declutter little work table
    4) Evening: finalize grocery list / choir 6:30 / grocery shop & put stuff away / newspapers / wash dishes / compost bucket out to bin / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog F before work ~ no rain forecast!)

Have a great day, everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    This has been an incredibly difficult year. I really thought it was going to be my year, too. My focus today is to do just a couple of things, and repeat them daily until they are ingrained habits.

I finally got caught up in reading and want you to know I'm praying for you and cheering for you and sending you hugs and love. I will try to reply tonight. I just don't have a lot of "oomph" in me lately, so please forgive me for not being better at replies.

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. 68+ oz of water
    3. Self-care activities to decrease stress and anxiety levels
    4. Lights off at 10:30 (even if I'm reading a good book!)

This week's Health & Wellness challenge at work has been "no red meat", and so far, so good on M, T, W.

WOTY 2019: Tenacity. I will NOT give up.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    This has been an incredibly difficult year. I really thought it was going to be my year, too. My focus today is to do just a couple of things, and repeat them daily until they are ingrained habits.

I finally got caught up in reading and want you to know I'm praying for you and cheering for you and sending you hugs and love. I will try to reply tonight. I just don't have a lot of "oomph" in me lately, so please forgive me for not being better at replies.

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. 68+ oz of water
    3. Self-care activities to decrease stress and anxiety levels
    4. Lights off at 10:30 (even if I'm reading a good book!)

This week's Health & Wellness challenge at work has been "no red meat", and so far, so good on M, T, W.

You do not need forgiveness for not replying! You've had a lot going on, more than any one person should be able to handle yet you're still coming here, still trying, do you realise how strong you are? Even if you don't feel it!!
    Sending you lots of hugs and Casey cuddles!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I'm in the red today by just short of 200.
    I've had a headache for about 5hrs now. So exercise was off, I did walk the dog but that only took off 130ish off. I'm very tired.
    I also drove to pick up saskia today so there's another exercise loss I missed out on!

Tomorrow will be good hopefully!
    Just circumstantial stuff today stopped me doing my best!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    You do not need forgiveness for not replying! You've had a lot going on, more than any one person should be able to handle yet you're still coming here, still trying, do you realise how strong you are? Even if you don't feel it!!
    Sending you lots of hugs and Casey cuddles!

Thanks Bex, I can feel the hugs and Casey cuddles. :heart:

But you're right...I really do not feel strong right now. I'm literally ready to give up. But I promised my kids I will work at a healthier lifestyle so they don't have to plan my funeral anytime soon, so how can i not keep trying? I'm just so sad right now.

P.S. It's okay if you are tired and had a headache so didn't exercise! I still believe you get more exercise in one day just being a mom than I get in an entire week! You are such a rockstar, Bex, and I wish you could see yourself through my eyes! xxoo
  • mytime6630
    Options

I want to second what Bex wrote -- you are one of the strongest people I know. You have had the year from H...! And yet, you are still here, still trying, and still encouraging so many others. We all love you on here.

There is no need to respond and reply to all the posts .. that alone, sometimes is overwhelming. I don't want anyone to think they have to respond to everyone. This thread is a place for us all to vent, and when time, I respond to some, but even I cannot find the time to respond to so many. But just the fact of coming on here... and venting... putting down small goals, is a huge step.

You take good care of yourself. You are always so focused on everyone else, and making sure everyone else is doing OK (even encouraging all of us on here!). So don't ever think you are not strong Tracie ... you have your faith, and you will get through this. Hugs to you dear friend! I wish someday we could all meet in person, but for now, I hope you can feel the hugs and love being sent to you.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I'm in the red today by just short of 200.
    I've had a headache for about 5hrs now. So exercise was off, I did walk the dog but that only took off 130ish off. I'm very tired.
    I also drove to pick up saskia today so there's another exercise loss I missed out on!

Tomorrow will be good hopefully!
    Just circumstantial stuff today stopped me doing my best!

Bex - you have been doing great this week!! And 200 is not that many to be over! If you have a headache .. remember.. you need to take days off and give your body time to rest also! Plus, I think you get enough exercise chasing 3 little girls!
    For awhile, I was trying to go to the gym every single day, maybe skipping only 1 day in a week. It really did not help me to lose weight at all (in fact, for me, I was actually eating more because I felt I "earned" it! LOL! . My doctor told me, that while exercise is important, it is only 10%.. the other 90% is what we eat.

So getting enough sleep, eating the rights food, those are what is best to do!

So put your feet up, take some time to rest, and enjoy the day! You deserve it! <3
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Interview went well. I'm not sure if I'll get the job - I think they might be looking for someone slightly different from me. But I think I did as well as I could in the interview given the experience I do actually have, which is good. The previous interview wasn't a waste of time, it taught me interview skills!

Glad the interview went well! The right job will come, and having a good interview is a great confidence builder! Wishing you lots of luck in finding that perfect job for you!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    pp4smmc3mwbh.jpeg

2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    03/19: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 πŸ˜ƒ

JFT: Thu 03 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • 10.45: Dance class🌟
    • 14.00: Shakespeare Study Group 🌟
    • 7000+ steps 🌟

JFT: Fri 04 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • 10.00: Latin Study
    • 14.00: Parchment Craft
    • 7000+ steps
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hugs and thoughts to all struggling. @PackerFanInGB im sorry for your losses, hugs. @mytime6630 hope things with your brother improve thats so hard. @bookmeister86 job searching is so hard and takes a lot of personal strength, wishing you all the best! @cschmitz110515 hope you and hunny can connect soon. @Snowflake1968 how is your hip doing? Thanks again for reaching out a while back, ive been lurking since then, missing you all! @Bex953172 ive been mia myself but good to see you regularly again! @aubyshortcake moving is such an upheaval and takes serious time to adjust to, hang in there!!!

Im 17.5 weeks pregnant currently! we had a slight scare 3 weeks ago, I had a bleed. Baby is Okay, it was a subchorionic bleed, so nothing that affected baby, but a pool of blood between the womb and my uterus, cause unknown. Since then it seems to have cleared up and baby is measuring to date and we finally got to see it in an ultrasound. Will find out the gender in another 2 weeks or so right around my birthday! Watching the scale go up has been a trip...i was eating lile crap after having the bleed, comfort eating to an extreme. But my taste buds finally remembered that healthy food can taste good too so I'm feeling more positive overall again. So far ive gained 10-12 lbs and I'm just starting to show. Ive been avoiding a cold at work for almost 3 weeks now with success but my ears are starting to hurt a little so im going to mind of matter it away for now!!! Lots of water to flush it away! Ive missed you all so much and im happy to be back! Catch up with you all more soon!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 172.75 - -1.75

Think that is mainly water weight, but happy going in the right direction!

Yesterday was an odd day. It was very stressful as I had envisaged. I mean really stressful, more than normal. But it actually ended well as the work I was doing actually led to a successful outcome! (Getting directors to agree to change something important). Which I was not expecting. I thought at the time that I was probably stressing myself out for nothing. So it was nice for it to be, well maybe not exactly worth it (I really shouldn't be working under levels of stress like that), but not totally pointless!

Winding down was difficult after that, particularly as my commute home was a nightmare, but I managed it with a bath, Bake Off, and yes ok a couple of glasses of wine. I could fit them in my calories so I decided to treat myself after the stress. What I liked was that by that point I had calmed down sufficiently that it did feel like treating rather than stress relieving.

Today's going to be another busy day. The downside to having persuaded directors to change something is that I've now generated a ton of extra work for myself (as I have to make the change!). Which I need to do most of today. But I'm working from home, and it's Friday, and I don't have any meetings with an annoying people, so hopefully I can crack on with it in a relaxed state!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :neutral:Pretty much, I did have a fork of pasta and a couple of olives that I didn't log but I'm assuming they're small....
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 5+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :/As above
    - Run to work :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/ Pasta and olives...
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: didn't really have any
    - Give myself credit! :smiley:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Finish work by 6pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 5+ bottles water
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 6pm
    - Do holiday planning
    - Gratitude journal

Happy Friday everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I second all the comments made by @mytime6630 I couldn't have said it better myself. You are all 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 in my book.

@ABJ1014 Congratulations on the baby news. Glad that the scare didn't come to anything. You must be so excited. And, it gives you an extra incentive to stay fit and healthy.

Gratitude Journal
    • I joyfully receive the gift of today
    • There are dozens of goldfinches feeding outside my window
    • Lorenzo has passed
    • The scale is being kind
    Morning Mantra:
    I am Strong! I am Healthy! I am full of vitality! All is well with my world