JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 185.6 (current weight today) -- went up, which I totally expected. Time to buckle down the rest of the week, and turn this around! + 1

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating :/
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :/
    3. 8+ water :/
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack :) A much better day today!

Goals for tomorrow
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 169.5

Who else is in? :smile:

I'm off on holiday in three weeks so am going to see if I can get this done before then....

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Prep for interview
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - sorry you didnโ€™t get the job or a couple call on the other one. Could you not apply for the internal one and still keep looking externally. I know that your employer is probably looking for a commitment if you take it, but here at least there are no laws about taking another one as long as you give your proper notice.

As for changing your mindset I actually did this two years ago and have managed to keep it up. I read a book called the Gratitude Journal. I started writing three things Iโ€™m grateful for each day. (I notice my mood changes the days I fail to do so). I also now search Pinterest for positive quotes each night and post one to my Facebook wall. Iโ€™m not saying itโ€™s perfect, but I have been able to get off anti-depressants and stay off them for a year and a half now.

I am still looking externally. The challenge is that not that many jobs come up that I like the look of, and that look like I have a chance of getting an interview. So I'm not doing that many applications. And then my success rate of getting interviews is somewhat below 100%. So it's a very slow and painful process and it feels like it could take years or maybe never even happen!

The internal role would be a good move though, and would give me good experience that would increase my chances of getting something external. So it's definitely worth pursuing. It's moving quickly, I know they are keen to get someone in so it could all happen very fast!

I do actually do the gratitude journalling myself but it doesn't necessarily help that much.... Often I actually struggle to think of three things. :neutral: (I'm a glass half empty person....). When do you do yours? I've been wondering if I'd be better off doing it in the morning to start the day on a positive mindset rather than waiting until the end of an irritating day....

I like the Pinterest quote idea though. I might start doing that more regularly.
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    On the subject of motivational quotes, I thought you all might like this:

fneglzdosatn.png
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Just returned from a long weekend away so need to start a food detox
    2. Log all food
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Workout at home
    5. Take all leftover junk food to work
    6. Meditate
    7. Early to bed
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've fallen off the wagon several times this week, but today starts a new week and I've already got dinner in the crock pot so I'm already doing better than I was! I've been trying harder this past week to dress better and take better care of myself. Since we moved I've been so exhausted and I just feel like I've been a bum the whole time, I'm trying to dig deep in bring my old self back out again.

JFT 9/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. STOP AND THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    4. Put away clothes
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. AM run: Try for 5 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Wash hair. Laundry - put clothes away. Duo. Sort recycling. Revise unit plan and update - print Monday.
    3. Write a blog post. Practice braiding? Read Signal and Noise and update Goodreads.
    4. Take recycling. Lunch: pasta. Dinner with friends. Collect and grade all one-pagers.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal. Review lesson plans for next week and update.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Monday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! REVIEW UNIT PLAN.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print unit plan and have ready. Call EH to set up meeting.
    3. Class 1: Symbolism lesson. Type paragraphs. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Symbolism lesson. Review lexile scores for challenge books. Return student work. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: A - Revise unit plan. B - Grade Socratic seminars. C - Grade one-pagers. D - Input grades.
    6. Lifting? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Pasta casserole. Grade Socratic seminars.
    8. Read 10 pages of Signal and Noise. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Writing group 9/24. HM CTC Th 10/3. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. LW Fri 10/4. RS meeting with EW parents; call BEFORE school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Didn't quite get 5 miles yesterday or today. I'm SO slow, too. Did not get to take the recycling because my husband brought some board games when we went to have dinner with friends, and there wasn't enough space for them AND for the recycling. Also I still have more laundry to put away.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Yesterday I did so good, yet, the scale is up. But ... I am not giving up. I know the candy and binge I had on saturday is still hanging with me. Today is a new day.

s39rihky7ken.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I wish my scale was lying. I found this funny though.dpchevhzaxyq.jpeg

Love this ... this is so me this morning. I got on the scale 2x... because I thought it was not right. I guess it was. Time to buckle down the rest of the week!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 30 September

I'm late posting and I'm going to struggle to meet goals, I've been late to bed recently and have snoozed this afternoon so have not been moving or drinking.

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    2817891dpxfmr1sm5.gif

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb Itโ€™s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ

PERSONAL DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    30/09: CW: 156.6 - 0.6 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

JFT: Mon 30 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Knee Physio ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ
    • am: prep for Monday Painters๐ŸŒŸ
    • 2pm - 4pm: Monday Painters๐ŸŒŸ
    • 7000+ steps ๐ŸŒป

JFT: Tue 01 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: Patchwork Group
    • Hairdresser
    • chores/laundry?
    • 7000+ steps
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Will be preparing for interview in the morning so posting now!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4+ bottles water :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:didn't really have any today
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :/preferred to read my book instead ...
    - Finish work at 6pm :smile:
    - Prep for interview :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile: hopefully will not forget
    - Lights off by 11 :smile: should do....

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 4+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 6pm
    - Don't go to work drinks - go home and see boyfriend/rest
    - Prep stuff for running
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 30 September

I'm late posting and I'm going to struggle to meet goals, I've been late to bed recently and have snoozed this afternoon so have not been moving or drinking.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :) I'm pleased that I made myself do this, I was on the verge of saying not today!
    Attend to Happy Scale trend >:) I did not weigh today, and I don't think it would have been good. I need to get back to drinking more water and less wine!

@bookmeister86 good luck with tomorrow's interview.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 -I do my Journal at night. It forces me to think of good things that happened throughout the day and makes me not focus on the negative. Some days Iโ€™m thankful for Rodg and his hugs, hot running water and food to eat. I grew up in a house with no hot running water so this is something to be grateful for now. Sometimes I struggle to come up with something on a particularly bad day, but I feel those are the days I need to remember it most.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    The scale said 190.0 this morning. Iโ€™m so disappointed in myself.

I was determined to start out my week with better habits and then at lunch time one of the girls came around to take orders for Skip the Dishes and I ended up eating a burger and fries. I donโ€™t know why I am struggling to say no.

I donโ€™t feel like anything but junk will taste good and I know that isnโ€™t the case.
    I do need to get back at it though, I had to go get a cheque in a neighbouring building today and I was out of stairs.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday1 October

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Flipping heck Terri won again! WELL DONE!
    I'm totally in and gonna kick your butt this time lol!
    Sorry I've been AWOL again! Just been proper busy and it's so hard to use mfp on my phone and the pad has been out of action!

I'll be honest, I can't be a*sed to write everyone's stats, it's probably better if you keep track of it all yourselves and I don't have the time!
    I've not eaten yet today but will get the scales out shortly.

I have a question though..
    My food scales, they have 4 little plastic feet (like 1mm deep) and then a rubber bit on them. One of the rubber bits has fell off making it wobble so is that giving me inaccurate reading? Should I just take all the rubber feet off lol? And will that even it out again?
    X
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Just returned from a long weekend away so need to start a food detox๐Ÿ‘Ž ugh, way harder than I had hoped. Iโ€™m having crazy sugar cravings
    2. Log all food๐Ÿ‘Ž
    3. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘
    4. Workout at home๐Ÿ‘
    5. Take all leftover junk food to work๐Ÿ‘
    7. Meditate ๐Ÿ‘
    8. Early to bed๐Ÿ‘Ž stayed up reading. I have a love/hate relationship with good books

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Stay lectin free