JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Have to be quick this morning b/c I have to head over to another site to complete my inquiry checklist.

Recap M 11/4 ~ Rainy early this morning = no dog walk & rest day for me
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,024 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 40 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / NO snacks after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = ACK!!! >:) Evening snack attack (overtired... I know better, and I should just go to bed instead). Net cals -700 :s , sodium -926 :( , sugar -14, fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    3) Prep Inquiry Checklist for T a.m. :) / update APG for observations completed :) in process / update EE Self-Service contact info :)
    4) To-do's: call mom & dad (today is his 85th birthday) <3 / update JFT w/i post :) / Frontier order due 4 p.m. :) / Schwan's delivery :# company had technical issues & rescheduled for T / balance bank accts :) / update budget s/s :) / wash dishes / other? moved all herb pots & cleaned up kitchen floor :) , folded rest of clean clothes, took all upstairs & put everything away :smiley: , made overnight oats :) , put away clean dishes :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :| except message from hubby / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (walk dog T a.m)

JFT T 11/5 ~ Weather feels more like mid-Dec. than early Nov.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.55 mi 1:03:06 & stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Leftovers today / prelog meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete inquiry checklist & testing / start summary pages / AGP sign-off
    5) Evening: Schwan's delivery / boil eggs / wash dishes / pull out winter workout gear / prep weight machine for W a.m. / order Yaktrax / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:20 (forecast for 1-3# snow starting during night so x-train in basement W a.m.)
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 11/5/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Have a good session with HoPr
    4. Eat what I made for dinner
    5. Empty/refill/and run the dishwasher
    6. Have a good night with Matt
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Hiya ladies!

Sorry I've been a terrible poster. In a moment of weakness the day after Halloween I bought a bag of half-off 100 piece chocolate candy as well as a burger and fries, and super sugary beer. Definitely not a good start to a weekend right?

But my school system has this whole week off so I'm using it to reset. I made roasted chicken breast in my oven for the first time last night and they were super tender and juicy. I love exploring what I can make now that I have the means to do different things.

Yesterday Matt and I ran around crazy. Saturday night he blew a tire so Monday we had to go to our tire place to pick up a new one. They are a great bunch of people there. But it took us about an hour to get the darn tire off in the first place because we didn't have any of the right tools and the car didn't come with a spare or anything. It was kind of a nightmare. But we eventually got it off and got a new one and put that one on too. So Blueberry(Matt's name for his car) has a shiny new tire. And we picked up a few groceries and things too. Today Matt is at work until 3 and I am with my client until 5 so I won't be home until around 545-6. But dinner is already in the crockpot. I'm experimenting with roasting two chicken breasts over a bed of potatoes and carrots. I put it on high and we'll eat as soon as I get home so we shall see how it turns out.

Money has been and will be an issue for a little while so we are going to have to really focus on eating at home and bringing our lunches to work and things because we just can't afford to eat out or even really pick up a snack here and there. So I'm hoping that will help with our waistlines too.

So Matt went back to work in August and stepped on the scale a few days ago for the first time...He's lost more then 20lbs...I wanted to kill him(not really. Lol) I hate how much easier it is for him to lose weight than me. He dropped 20ish lbs in 3 months by doing nothing but going back to work and changing his diet up a little bit. It's just crazy! He's so lucky. I would kill to lose 20lbs as easily as he did! It's not fair! :s Okay, maybe it is. He walks A LOT at work every day and he stopped eating condiments and has been bringing his lunch to work the last like month or so. He has much more discipline than I do. I need to learn from him how to do it.

Today was a good start though. I went to the gym and I ate at home. I had a poached egg and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast and a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. And like I said, dinner is cooking. So hopefully my meals are done for the day and I won't be tempted to snack on anything else afterward. To be honest, though, we don't really have any snacky foods, to begin with. Lol

Okay! Look at that novel I just wrote...sorry if that bugged you. You can just ignore it. Lol
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT, 11/5/19

1. Log all my food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Have a good session with HoPr
    4. Eat what I made for dinner
    5. Empty/refill/and run the dishwasher
    6. Have a good night with Matt

Omg a dishwasher!!!! Are you in heaven?! Im so happy for you!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5

Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6
    October : 183

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So there's a huge bucket of candy sitting in the break room of the clinic. It's staring at me. But I have my back turned to it. If it wasn't for the cup of coffee I had on my way to work I would probably be partaking. The coffee filled me up so I'm not hungry. But this is an excellent lesson in self control and discipline.

I CAN DO THIS!

NO NO -- Don't eat it!!! You will be happy afterwards, and that yummy taste only lasts a few seconds!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hiya ladies!

In a moment of weakness the day after Halloween I bought a bag of half-off 100 piece chocolate candy as well as a burger and fries, and super sugary beer. D

Today was a good start though. I went to the gym and I ate at home. I had a poached egg and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast and a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch. And like I said, dinner is cooking. So hopefully my meals are done for the day and I won't be tempted to snack on anything else afterward. To be honest, though, we don't really have any snacky foods, to begin with. Lol

Okay! Look at that novel I just wrote...sorry if that bugged you. You can just ignore it. Lol

So proud of you ... look how quickly you got right back on track!! WTG Girl!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @mytime6630 Thank you! I ignored the candy! I turned my back to it and kept it across the room for the 20 minutes I was in the break room before my client arrived. Then 10 minutes before she was due I sat in the waiting room. Lol. By the time it was time for me to go home I had completely forgotten about it. I was so ready to go home and eat dinner that I just passed it right on by, grabbed my stuff, and was out the door. But now that I am home I'm craving some chocolate. But I have absolutely no intention of going out again. I'm in my pj's and everything. Lol

@AJB1014 I am SO in heaven right now! This dishwasher has been a godsend! I still have to wash a few things by hand but the fact that I get to put 90% in this machine and just hit a few buttons makes me want to cry with happiness!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    My weight is up today... mainly because of all the orange juice I am drinking.

Then... hubby tells me NOT to lose anymore weight! How great is that!! I have lost 27# since the first of the year, and wanted to lose just 3# more to be out of the overweight range, but I may stop at that. The hard part ... maintaining it, especially this time of year.

But today was a NSV for me. You guys know last week I bought Halloween candy because it was 50% off ... after eating an entire bag, I gave the other bag away. For the $3.00 I spent, just not worth it.

Well today, TWICE, in 2 different stores, I passed by halloween candy. 70% OFF!!!!!! And it was the good kind ... chocolate candy bars, M&Ms, all my favorite. I walked right past it in the first store, because all I was doing was picking up a prescription. But in the grocery store ... again ... right in the checkout aisle.

SO I got myself a container of ct-up cantalope, and escaped without putting any in my cart!!!

Now... to keep doing well while we are visiting my son this weekend! And make it through this season, which for me, is always when I gain ..

AWESOME JOB! I'm so so so proud of you for ignoring the candy! I have found that cantaloupe tastes as good as candy. It's super sweet. I think I need to pick up some cantaloupe now. Lol. And I'm so happy that your hubby has given you the stamp of approval. Lol. Now you don't have to stress so much about the ultimate goal weight because you can be happy right where you are. I mean you shouldn't necessarily base your whole body image off of what your husband says, but as long as you are healthy I bet it feels nice to know that he thinks you're perfect. Ya know? Does that make any sense? Lol. I don't mean for that to sound sexist or anything...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Mmmm cantaloupe! I'm gonna need to buy one tomorrow in food shop!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Halloween over-indulgence in chocolate 🍫 and complacency are having a detrimental effect on my scale progress. Being much more sensible, so hoping for a better results.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    05/11: CW: 152.8 - 3.2 Still in the wrong direction!!! I need to get back on track!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Tues 05 Nov
    Goals: 💡💡💡 I need to be more mindful of what I'm eating.
    Activities:
    • 👍🏻 10.30am: Patchwork Group
    • 👍🏻 1.30pm: Lunch with friend/helping her with PP presentation 👩‍🎨
    JFT: Wed 06 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities
    • 9.30am: Train to Belfast for visit to Tropical Ravine in Botanic Gardens
    • 2pm: Grocery Shopping
    • 7pm: Crochet group

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov

Days Under: ✅✅
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 188.8
    Loss - 2.4

JFT - Monday Nov 4
    2L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday Nov 5
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

I am so late posting goals today. I want to do it to keep myself accountable and build those habits again though. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror today and I’m very unhappy with myself. Only I can change it though so I need to really figure out how to buckle down and do it.

The Grands were out tonight for supper. We watched last weeks episode of Dancing with the Stars. Michaela had me dancing through a lot of it. I need her to visit more often.

I’m going to try to read and catch up a bit while waiting for Mayans to come on, Rodger is beside me watching Forged in Fire.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - it’s good to see you posting again. I like how you are finding your balance. I need to find my determination.

@bookmeister86 - good luck with the applications.

@TerriRichardson112 - isn’t it terrible how a little indulgence or slacking for a few days affects the scale so easily. I swear we could not eat for three days and still not see a loss though.

@pridesabtch - it’s so nice to see you had a good day yesterday. I agree the cocktails of meds probably did have a sluggish effect. My daughter complained about one of the ones she was on making her feel sluggish too.

@HEGoddard0928 - My husband loses weight like that too. All he had to do is get moving and he loses. I really need to get more active and get my eating under control. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I want all the comfort foods that is not the best for me. How happy are you to have a dishwasher?

@mytime6630 - I drink lots of orange juice when I have a cold or am sick too. I honestly think it’s worth the calories. Good for you for getting rid of the candy and passing by more.

@cschmitz110515 - I am struggling with evening snacking when I should be just going to bed too. Last night my best friend was up late so I talked to her instead of snacking. It seemed to help to keep busy.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A mixed day yesterday. I was doing well, but then we had an interview for my direct report's replacement which was a bit of a car crash and it got to me a little bit. I'm not quite sure why it got to me. She just really struggled to sell herself and it was sad because she was really nice. Perhaps it reminded me of my own recent struggles with interviews!

Then I had to look at more CVs because we have no more candidates lined up and they were all unimpressive. It was frustrating. So frustrating that I ate a load of biscuits that were sitting near me. I was about to descend into a full on binge - I did text the boyfriend suggesting we go out for burgers - then I decided to stop there and pull it back. We didn't go for burgers, and I stayed within maintenance calories. Yay!

This morning I'm feeling a bit blue, not sure why. It may be because all the work I have to do is dull and I feel utterly unmotivated. It may also be delayed reaction from the weekend where I spent most of it doing job applications and didn't really have much fun. Things seem terribly hard work sometimes. I have not done my workout DVD this morning because I just didn't feel like jumping out of bed and doing something productive immediately. The hamster wheel gets tiring!

Anyway. I'm going to allow myself 15 minutes more of being lazy/ feeling sorry for myself, then I will get up and get on with things!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green >:)
    - 3 bottles water :)

- No eating whilst standing :)
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :|
    - Stay positive :/

- 45+ minute lunch break :)
    - Finish work by 6.30pm >:)
    - Do 1+ thing in French >:)
    - Job prep :neutral:
    - Do health forms :smile:
    - Do finances >:)
    - Speak to neighbour about leak :smile:
    - Gratitude journal >:)
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 3 bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Finish work at 6.15pm
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thank you for the warm welcome back. *hugs and love to all* It is incredibly inspiring to see so many of the same people still on here posting regularly-you all rock! I really appreciate all the fantastic advice. I think one of my goals will be to log and post on here at least 3 times a week. I think daily is going to be too much for now. @Bex953172 I am taking your suggestion of an easy goal and a hard goal. My easy goal will be water intake. It is what started off my fitness path last time, and something I do pretty naturally so I don't see it being too hard to add this back in. My hard goal will be my nemesis-going to bed on time dun Dun DUN! I have the hardest time with this, and time management in general.

@bookmeister86 you really hit the nail on the head. I didn't think I had much I was emotionally struggling with, but when I read your post I started crying. I am so bogged down at work that I have nothing left when I get home. Cue the emotional eating and zoning out in front of the TV or my phone. I am missing the living part of life, and feel like I'm just going through the motions. I am not sure how to fix this yet, but I appreciate the wake up call you gave me.

@pridesabtch Thank you for your compassion and understanding. It helps

How are you doing @jeschepp? It's been a while. Hope you are ok.

I know how much work can grind you down. I have had much of this myself! I've recently gained seven pounds or so because of work stress. My work environment got really toxic and I got into a bad habit of binging to respond to it. But I'm starting to pull it back, and so can you! Little steps at a time will help you back up.

Look forward to seeing you back soon. Take care of yourself x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Eugh didn't do well yesterday either. My goals aren't even hard! Drink water and walk dog? Although I guess me and ash have just been busy and tired. Very tired.
    Although I was probably under my calories yesterday.
    I only ate 1 pieces of bread folded in half with cheese. Shop bought lasagne with 2 pieces of garlic bread.
    2 cups of tea and 4 biscuits.
    That's it. Lol
    Then included the walk to school and cleaning up after tea.

But still, 2 waters is appalling.
    Maybe 8 is too overwhelming, so gonna knock it down to 4-6 and see if I can achieve that.

Commence Operation REDCUP.

So JFT Weds
    - 4 to 6 waters
    - Walk dog!!! Just gotta get up and GO don't think about doing it.. just do it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 It's a fact of life we have to deal with 😂 I think it's the old self rebelling rebelling 😂 The problem is that it takes so long to get rid of all the c**p. I guess this is just maintenance. It's why it has to be a lifetime commitment. If we go back to our previous food choices we get the same result we had before, and the weight piles back on quicker than it came off.

This is not an easy road we have chosen. Old habits lurk in wait for the faint-hearted. But we are strong, and resourceful, and the rewards are worth the effort. You are worth the effort.
    bm1qjxnh71gn.jpg

6ft3vhpsxh7m.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yesterday went pretty well except I worked a little late again and didn't get to walk the dogs. I have to do it today!

@AJB1014 I'm so glad that helped! I was having some cravings yesterday and it helped me too

Yesterday 11/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do dishes😁
    4. Walk dogs😔

JFT 11/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do dishes
    4. Walk dogs