JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@mytime6630 I agree with what @bookmeister86 said, it's important to do what will make YOU happy!

Yesterday 11/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do dishes😔
    4. Walk dogs😁

JFT 11/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do dishes
    4. Walk dogs
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 187.0
    Loss - 5.2

Well it says I dropped weight this morning, it will probably be up again tomorrow, but officially made it to 5.2 lbs lost!

JFT - Wednesday Nov 6
    2L of water - 👿 only 1L
    Log all food - 👿 I had to go out at 10 last night to pick a friend up from the airport and her plane was delayed getting to the gate after landing. I don’t know what possessed me but I decided a couple McDonalds cheeseburgers were just what I needed while I waited. Why do I do these things to myself!
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Thursday Nov 7
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise

Had a surprise dinner guest last night, my cousin that passed away, her daughter and granddaughter. The baby is 10 months old and so sweet. The autopsy showed that my cousin had a aeorta explode. She had untreated bronchitis and her sugar was high, but low for what she normally was at. She wasn’t a good diabetic and didn’t change her diet to meet her medical needs I guess.

I hope I can become closer to her daughter and be here for her as a mother figure when she needs it.

I am going to go through and read after I get dressed. My coworker is picking me up this morning so I do have some more time.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Waters ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Pack lunches ✔
    6. Only one candy, only after fruit ✔ ✔ no candy!!!
    7. In bed by 9, lights out by 930 ✔ ✔ asleep at 9!

A bit frustrated this morning...nothing major but I cant shake it right now. Which turns into a nasty cycle of me being frustrated with others, then being frustrated with myself for not being able to let it go, then going back to being frustrated at others for treating me with less respect that I deserve. Ugh. Having a piece of toast and taking a deep breath, this too shall pass. Flipping it to a positive thought though. I have been crushing it this week and i feel great. I need to remember that this feeling is worth it and baby appreciates it! Ive been feeling him move a lot more and its so exciting.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. One candy, only after fruit
    4. Do no harm but take no sh!!t
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Pick up dog
    7. Bed by 9, lights off by 930

I sense hormonal pregnant lady *backs away slowly* lol jokingggg

If it's something you would of normally rationalised, but you can't this time. It's hormones. And that's why you're getting frustrated at every possible angle and it's just confusing lol!

For some reason when I was pregnant I HATED the dog? Like wtf did he do LOL!
    But yeah as soon as baby was born and I recovered and everything settled, I was fine with him again. It was totally weird.

Bahahaha, bex you are so not wrong. Thats so funny about the dog! The hormones sure are something. Yesterday was men in general bothering me. DH and I were having a hard time communicating. I thought I was helping with a project, he felt like I was just taking over his project. But he didnt tell me that until we were both just frustrated. Then my boss wanted me to go to a conference in Orlando - I'll be 31 weeks pregnant. Traveling has never been part of my job description. If I wasnt pregnant I would absolutely go. But I told my boss I wasnt comfortable flying at that time in my pregnancy. My boss says to me, "why, you will be fine theres no risks" I was so peeved...he is not my doctor and does not have any idea of my medical status!!! I stood my ground and another associate will be going but I was so annoyed!!! Ah well, feeling a bit better today!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Eat packed lunch ✔
    3. One candy, only after fruit ✔
    4. Do no harm but take no sh!!t ✔
    5. Cook dinner at home ✔
    6. Pick up dog ✔
    7. Bed by 9, lights off by 930 ✔

Definitely went over cals yesterday going back for seconds at dinner...and it was more emotional than hunger. But, no reason to go off the rails and I logged it instead of pretending it didnt happen. I really wanted a breakfast sandwich this morning but I had my smoothie and will treat myself on my day off tomorrow, and savor every bite!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home, need to use ground beef
    4. Only one candy, only after fruit
    5. Prepare license name change paperwork
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher
    7. Load of laundry
    8. Be kind
    9. Set alarm for 7am - stone delivery at 730
    10. Bed by 9 - lights out by 930
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap W 11/6 ~ Snowing! It's going to be a lonnngg winter if this sticks around.
    1) Restarted my home-version of circuit & weight (x-training) before work = Yay me! :smiley: I think the summer break with x-training was good for me, and dog & I got to be outside & enjoy lots of long walks.
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,144 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 36 floors :)
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Indulged (unplanned) in sourdough bread from winter market but no evening snacking. Net cals -177 :/ , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -5 :smiley: , fiber excellent, protein good, 13c water
    4) Complete summary pages... all freaking 95 pages (improved / better process per ASSt. manager = NOT!) :# hahaha no ~ mainly I putzed through my workday :p / APG sign-off :| in process
    5) To-do's: email Jen re holiday parade staging volunteer duty (decided this year will be my last... I've done this 27 years!) :) / check out winter market at Badger State Brewing :smiley: great little market for this time of year & even saw my favorite tomato vendor... cleaning out his greenhouse, so no more until next summer & sad me / grocery list :) / check ML subscription nope / check RedCard acct one of these days / other? :) decluttered coffee table, more digital decluttering
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :mrgreen: 2nd night to bed early & feels so good! (walk dog R before work if road conditions permit)

JFT R 11/7 ~ Icy roads = rest day & sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Prelog all meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Complete summary pages (want to submit for review when asst mgr returns next T ~ ahead of deadline) / APG sign-off
    4) To-do's: mail bday card / choir 6:30 / grocery shop after / prep treadmill/clothes / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill F before work)

Snow on roads in our area (no sidewalks) was compacted yesterday by vehicles and overnight froze into ice where road was not salted. Temps today will be below freezing (about 20 degrees below normal ~ ack!). Not enough snow & ice to wear cleats yet, so no dog walk in pre-dawn light with headlamp. I don't want any slip & falls this winter. Will have to check batteries & clean off treadmill in basement. *sigh*
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 The comments from @TerriRichardson112 @bookmeister86 and @Bex953172 are spot on! You must do what feels right for you, but please don't let a number on the scale be your only goal.

To feel healthy and happy, and eat "normal" is so important. As is drinking water. I know you have problems with that, but I don't, and my skin is so supple and soft, even around trouble-spots like ankles and elbows. I rarely use lotion. I have a few wrinkles and those I have I earned!

I do not think of myself as old and I am only 6 years younger than you. I have relatives in their mid-seventies, and one is a very old woman because that's how she acts. The other seems much younger because she is active and happy and enjoys life.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Waters ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Pack lunches ✔

A bit frustrated this morning...nothing major but I cant shake it right now. Which turns into a nasty cycle of me being frustrated with others, then being frustrated with myself for not being able to let it go, then going back to being frustrated at others for treating me with less respect that I deserve. Ugh. Having a piece of toast and taking a deep breath, this too shall pass. Flipping it to a positive thought though. I have been crushing it this week and i feel great. I need to remember that this feeling is worth it and baby appreciates it! Ive been feeling him move a lot more and its so exciting.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Pick up dog

If it's something you would of normally rationalised, but you can't this time. It's hormones. And that's why you're getting frustrated at every possible angle and it's just confusing lol!

But yeah as soon as baby was born and I recovered and everything settled, I was fine with him again. It was totally weird.

Bahahaha, bex you are so not wrong. Thats so funny about the dog! The hormones sure are something. Yesterday was men in general bothering me. DH and I were having a hard time communicating. I thought I was helping with a project, he felt like I was just taking over his project. But he didnt tell me that until we were both just frustrated. Then my boss wanted me to go to a conference in Orlando - I'll be 31 weeks pregnant. Traveling has never been part of my job description. If I wasnt pregnant I would absolutely go. But I told my boss I wasnt comfortable flying at that time in my pregnancy. My boss says to me, "why, you will be fine theres no risks" I was so peeved...he is not my doctor and does not have any idea of my medical status!!! I stood my ground and another associate will be going but I was so annoyed!!! Ah well, feeling a bit better today!

What an idiot lol!!!
    In the UK I think you need a "fit to fly" note from the doctor past 30 weeks!
    I wouldn't be comfortable at that stage either!

Have you cried over anything silly yet? My best one was crying because there was too much fat on my lamb. Like i was in hysterically crying lol.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Waters ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Pack lunches ✔

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Pick up dog

What an idiot lol!!!

Have you cried over anything silly yet? My best one was crying because there was too much fat on my lamb. Like i was in hysterically crying lol.

I have cried over just about everything. I think the greatest was when I cried while watching the game show "the price is right" because both people won their showcase aka big huge prize and I was so moved by it at the time hahahaha. The worst was a bird flew into our door, and we tried to let him rest and release him but he died. I cried all day long and made DH bury him. And then theres been everything in between. I cried cause I didnt want to eat stuffed peppers earlier this week...I ate them anyway and it was just fine.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Waters ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Pack lunches ✔

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Pick up dog

What an idiot lol!!!

I have cried over just about everything. I think the greatest was when I cried while watching the game show "the price is right" because both people won their showcase aka big huge prize and I was so moved by it at the time hahahaha. The worst was a bird flew into our door, and we tried to let him rest and release him but he died. I cried all day long and made DH bury him. And then theres been everything in between. I cried cause I didnt want to eat stuffed peppers earlier this week...I ate them anyway and it was just fine.

LOL they are hilarious!!!
    I didn't do it but I wish I had made a pregnancy diary to show my kids when they grew up, cravings, silly things I cried at, movements etc.

I think another time I was watching a documentary called Race to Extinction. I think it was about how the human race are basically destroying things and certain animals are going extinct etc.

But anyway, there was this one part, a bird was having a mating call, and then the narrator said, "but he is the last surviving bird, so his mating call will never be answered, he is all alone"

And oh my, the way I was crying was as if someone had just died! It was so heartbreaking!
    Poor little bird just tweeting all alone with no companion.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - On time for work :/ just inside my "on time" window of 7:30 -8:30...
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smile:
    - Catch up with JFT pals. :smile:
    - Work on XRay and Moisture Projects :smile:
    - Journal :smile:
    - Church :smile:
    - Deuteronomy 8-10 :( Nope too tired by the time I got home.
    - Gratitude Journal :( Nope
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile: Actually asleep shortly after 10:00
    - Log all of my intake G/B/U :smile:
    - One small treat in the day. One dessert in the evening. :/

JFT Thursday
    - Shower and on time for work :smile:
    - Protein Bar for Breakfast :( got buy
    - Do learning modules :smile: Man are those boring
    - Log all food
    - Stay in the green
    - Clean upstairs floors and do a load of laundry
    - Read section in Deuteronomy
    - No alcohol
    - bed by 11:00

It's a little scary typing that I'm going to stay in the green. I haven't done that in so long, I'm not sure I remember how. If I don't start sometime, I won't make any progress. Now it's out there and I know I can do it because I've done it before.

• Bex953172
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - On time for work :/ just inside my "on time" window of 7:30 -8:30...
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smile:
    - Catch up with JFT pals. :smile:
    - Work on XRay and Moisture Projects :smile:
    - Journal :smile:
    - Church :smile:
    - Deuteronomy 8-10 :( Nope too tired by the time I got home.
    - Gratitude Journal :( Nope
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smile: Actually asleep shortly after 10:00
    - Log all of my intake G/B/U :smile:
    - One small treat in the day. One dessert in the evening. :/

JFT Thursday
    - Log all food
    - Stay in the green
    - Clean upstairs floors and do a load of laundry
    - Read section in Deuteronomy
    - No alcohol
    - bed by 11:00

It's a little scary typing that I'm going to stay in the green. I haven't done that in so long, I'm not sure I remember how. If I don't start sometime, I won't make any progress. Now it's out there and I know I can do it because I've done it before.

Of course you know how!
    Just monitor your calories, be mindful of what's going in your mouth, keep them low in calories but keep yourself well fed so you're not hungry. And if you go a bit over then you could always do a little exercise to get back into the green!

You've got this!
    And if you are in the red, assess it, is it less than a hundred in the red? More? And don't see it as a failure. See it as trial and error, you tried it, it didn't work but by logging it you can actually SEE where you went wrong or what you could adjust or swap for something else to make it work the next day!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bex953173 and @AJB1014 - as a gift for my daughter after she had her first I put her monthly pregnancy belly bump photo into an album. I then printed or wrote funny and sometimes touching things she had posted on Facebook about the pregnancy. I wish I would have kept a diary too. I didn’t do it for her second though.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    J4T - Wednesday:
    Body: Journal every bite. :) 80 oz of water :)
    Mind: Read Chapter One of Beck's Diet Solution >:)
    Spirit: Bible Study - Catch up on Weight Loss God's Way :)
    Bedtime: Unplug at 9:00, Gratitude Journal, read from DO or JM, read from SA, find a new book to read...a real live BOOK, not an eBook. :)

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 184 -4.6
    GW: 183.6 will be a 5 lb loss

J4T - Thursday:
    • Journal every bite.
    • 80 oz of water
    • Bible Study - Weight Loss God's Way
    • Unplug at 9:00, Gratitude Journal, read from DO or JM, read from SA, read until eyes are tired...

2019 WOTY: TENACITY I am succeeding in this journey towards a healthy life because I am tenacious.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited November 2019
    Options
    🌻
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A good day yesterday. I cracked and ate a donut that my leaving colleague brought in. I resisted it for a while but then she started eating one in front of me and I took one. It was absolutely delicious. But what was good was that after that, I reviewed my pre logged food and worked out that if I reduced my alcohol and didn't have my snack on the way home from the pub, I could stay within maintenance. I then did those things! Pleased with myself.

Today I'm getting the train up to Yorkshire to stay with my mum for the weekend. I tend to overeat on those weekends, starting with the train up where I tend to eat rubbish and then go to McDonalds with mum while waiting for the boyfriend on his train. But today I'm going to be in the green - I have pre logged my food and because I'm going running this morning, should be able to allow myself a McFlurry and stay in the green. I will stick to this plan!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stay within maintenance :)
    - Stick to planned alcohol :)
    - Order at least one soft drink :)
    - 3 bottles water :)

- No eating whilst standing :)
    - Savour every bite :|
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Print stuff for job application/ potential interview :smile:
    - Read about potential company :neutral:
    - Finish work at 6pm :/6.15
    - Leave pub by 9.30 or 10 absolute latest :smile:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4+ bottles water
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work at 5.30pm latest
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Read about potential company

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday 7 November

I’ve been slacking whilst staying with my parents and got a nasty shock when I stood on the scales today. I need to get serious between now and Christmas so that I have scope for The festive over indulgences!

Log accurately 😀
    Stay in the green😀
    Water🙁
    Fitbit exercise goals🙁
    Attend to Happy scale weight trend - eat below maintenance😀

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday November 8

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to happy Scale trend - be below maintenance
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update websites to match plans.
    3. Class 1: Writing assignment. Socratic discussion.
    4. Class 2-3: Paraphrases. Choose quote. Conference about poetry projects.
    5. Planning: Put grades in. Parent calls. Review upcoming plans; 2 weeks to break.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting. Run? Dinner: Pizza. BOOKS TO LIBRARY.
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads. Prep celery. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. No alarm! Yoga and tattoo tomorrow. Get recycling ready. Used bookstore?
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. Revise Laws essay and read to group. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday cart parallel structure practice.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I'm pretty excited as I have my second tattoo lined up tomorrow. I've wanted it for decades. Now I have a former student who is a tattoo artist. She posts some of her work on Facebook and she's doing a great job. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again. I hope I don't wimp out and cry too much ;D
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    - Log all food :smile:
    - Stay in the green :smile:
    - Clean upstairs floors and do a load of laundry :(
    - Read section in Deuteronomy :(
    - No alcohol :(
    - bed by 11:00 :(

Worked late and didn't get to my evening things, but I did manage to stay in the green. Think I'll try for 2 days, but lunch is out today and we haven't selected a restaurant yet which makes it impossible to plan.

JFT Friday
    - Work early :smile:
    - Fun With Science show at Worthington Elementary
    - Moderate lunch out with the gang
    - Log all food
    - Stay in the green
    - no alcohol
    - one treat in the evening
    - Bible, gratitude journal
    - laundry
    - Maybe date night since the girls will be at the football game

Just a quick post this morning. I'll check in on y'all this afternoon! Have a stellar day!