• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Finger crossed for you and your dream job
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 25 Jan

Traditional Burns night supper and I'm uncomfortably stuffed!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Thank you @snowflake1968 and @Faebert

@Snowflake1968 thats really exciting about the dream job! Im praying for you!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 praying for you and your daughter. Bug hugs and lots of love to you!!!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Doing well (lost one pound this week) until I hosted an afternoon lunch for some friends. Food was just too darn good--and I had quite the appetite from cleaning, tidying, and cooking from 6;30am until 12:30pm. Two ham barbecues on buns, beet salad with sunflower seeds and blue cheese, buttered asparagus, apple cider wassail, and for dessert--chocolate mint ice cream and chocolate brownies. OH--MY. Back to bread and water tomorrow--LOL.
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JFT 1/25 Goals Recap:
    - 👍🏾Log all the food I eat
    - ❌Spend 30 minutes on the elliptical
    - 👍🏾Report results/progress at the end of the day

JFT 1/26 Goals:
    - Log all the food I eat
    - Spend 30 minutes on the elliptical
    - Report results/progress at the end of the day
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    JFT 26 January

I will log on mfp and stay within calories
    I will do back exercises
    I will take a trip out and go shopping
    I will take a photo of myself (I'm very rarely photo'd) in the hopes that one day it will be a "before" picture and a reminder that I don't want to go back there.
    I will sort out my clothes and tidy my bedroom
    I will NOT use the weekend as an excuse to derail my good intentions

I've decided that Saturday will be my weekly weigh in day (before the weekend!) so first one today and have lost 3lbs.
    I now...I can't believe I'm saying this....I now weigh one stone MORE than my 6 foot with muscles son. I really really need to weigh less than him!!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Coke! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Can we meet in the computer lab Monday? Call CVS to order refill. Update Goodreads. Email J about PF help. Text dad to check on lunch tomorrow.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Intro to Caesar; summaries.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Therapy exercises. Draft unit 2 plans and print. Help from PF with marking grammar. B - Grade reflections while at duty. C - Enter grades. Draft essay. File extra papers. CALL PARENTS. D - Write blog post. Organize unit plan for project. Call dr to set up test. Check 2/7 appointment times.
    5. Class 4: Mythology. Grammar: Pronouns. Read stories; conference about Socratic discussion. Closer: Grammar review. HW: Superpower; pronouns (save for Monday).
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away. Put water flavorings (non-caffeinated) in bag for Monday
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Lunch with mine? Update JC study guides; shorten! Grade honors assignments. FINISH FINISH FINISH.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Update Goodreads. Used bookstore?
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Take recycling to center. Wash car.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

So on Thursday when I went to the Y during the day, the BodyPump class was PACKED. So I did it with dumbbells instead of a bar. A bit tricky at a couple of points, but overall it worked way better than I thought it would. Which means if I can get the hang of the "choreography" I can do it with my dumbbells at home!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options

1/25/19 Fri A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: 158.8 lbs 🙂
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me. 😞 Lost track. I think just 3.
    Stay in the Green 😞
    Stay focused!!! 😞
    Have small servings tonight & no seconds at dinner at friends house . 😞
    Bedtime: midnight 😞

JFT 1/26/19 Sat Alot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh:
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!!
    Lunch with friends. 1 from out of town that I haven't seen in at least 4 years. Other friend I haven't gotten together with in about a year. Thai Restaurant. Plan: no dessert, no appetizer, 1/2 or less of entree, limited rice.
    Dinner at cousin's house. Bday party. They're grilling. We will bring fruit or something lighter for dessert or side dish. Any suggestion besides fruit? Plan: if table, then just 1 hot dog or hamburger without bun. If no table, will have just 1 hot dog if all beef with bun, or if only hamburgers then just 1 hamburger with bun. (Reason I like table is so I can cut it up, I can't do that so well if just standing or sitting & no table or counter. ) only veggie or fruit side & only 1 serving of it. No chips.
    Bedtime: midnight -- In the bed at that time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday Jan 25th Determined
    2L of water - 😕 1.5
    Calories in Green - 😕 over by 140
    Walk 1 Mile - no purposely but walked most of the day
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😈 I wasn’t home all day and didn’t remember when I was out. This is obviously not a habit yet.
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Saturday Jan 26th Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I went to help Lauryn clean and get ready for the party yesterday. We did a lot of running around. I helped the Grands clean their playroom and then Lauryn fell coming down the stairs and sprained her ankle. We are going back in early this morning to finish getting ready. I am spending the night after the party because Lauryn and Ryan are going to a wedding reception for a friend of hers that was married in Italy in the Fall.

I found a clearance sale and bought a $60 purse for $6! I love purses and haven’t bought any for a long time. I was quite happy about it.

The scale said 177.6 this morning, I am so happy to see this. I was here a couple of days before Christmas and blew it. Hopefully this time it will just keep going.

Ok I’m off to wrap a present and get ready to head to Lauryn’s. I’ll catch up with posts this evening after I get the kids settled.

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Thank you for all you said. Very helpful & inspirational. I am so hoping you get this job!

@PackerFanInGB Thank you for keeping me inspired & helping me to feel welcome here.

@AJB1014 I'm hoping you get a good job, soon!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @AJB1014 OMG-- I am so so sorry for all you are going through!! Wow!! You will be in my prayers. Somehow, we are strong to get through these tough times, but hang in there. Prayers for you all.

@skbtumbleweed - I think you will like this thread. It is so easy to just give up when we have bad days ... but that is when this thread is the most important. Kinda like a weight watcher meeting ... we can't just quit when we have a bad week or bad day. If we are accountable ... it keeps us from giving up. And this thread is so much more about losing weight ... it is about changing habits, mentally, physically, the entire picture. I have learned so much for others on this thread ... plus the bonus ... of having met great friends. So we are happy to have you join us!

@slittlemeister - happy to see you back! That is so funny what you say about your phone ... what would we do without it!! LOL!!! I'm not so bad with my phone because I work out of my home ... but I am that way with my computer! Spend WAY too much time online looking at pictures of quilts, gardening, things I want to do. Think of all I could get done if I shut this thing off (Of course, have to get on this thread!!). You know .. maybe I should make that one of my goals!

@cschmitz110515 - I love the water chart!

@Snowflake1968 -- I hope you get the job. It sounds like a perfect fit for you. We will keep you in our prayers ... be sure and list all your craft fairs and things you do also.I discovered that when they interview people, they look at the entire picture! Little things that you don't even think about show how organized and creative you are.

@Elbee - your post struck me. I started this thread 3 years ago!! You would think by now I should be at my goal weight, but I am not. Sometimes I feel like I am such a failure... but the good friends I have made remind me of how far I have come and encourage us all to keep going. I am an emotional eater ... it all started when I lost most of my siblings, and then when our daughter came down with the mental illness. I learned to eat to push back any painful feelings I had. I have come a long ways because of this thread, and because of the great friends I have made. I now consistently exercise, and find that I miss the gym if I don't go. I am slowly learning to drink more water. I learned of new podcasts to watch, books to read, and how to take time to be more grateful for all that I do have. Tips I learn from so many others. And I may have 3 or 4 really great days, and then slip. It is the times I slip that I love this thread ... because we all go through the same struggles - you don't feel alone. So this is a place to not only help us lose weight, but coping with lifes challenges, and learning how to deal with things. No one judges on this thread. And for responding.... yes, there are so many posts somedays it is hard to respond to all or even a few. I work also, so some days, all I have time to do is post my own. So please don't feel it is necessary to respond to all or even some of the posts. It is about you taking charge of your own life, and seeing the things you would like to change. So I hope you keep coming back ... even if it is just to list a few goals for that day.

tu3jmfpdnx7k.jpg
    Thank you for this.... Love it!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT, Fri
    1. it is going to be very cold -- but go to the gym! :)
    2. log all food :) --- even the bridge mix and peanuts ... so my calories again are way over. My daughter wanted to go to the book store, but it was at 8:30 ... and the store closes at 9. I told her I really didn't want to go that late ... so she went alone. And did not get home until 10:30 ... so I worried, was mad at myself that I did not take her .... and ate. But, she made it back. She went to a book store, then just drove. That is what she does if she has anxiety.. Hubby tells me I can't take her out whenever she wants to go, but even her doctor asked me to try and do more things with her. But I HAVE to remember to drink my water instead of grabbing junk. Why is this so hard for me to do!
    3. concentrate on water :) I did SO good on this yesterday. I am trying to drink 2 large glasses of water with each meal. So I got in 12 glasses of water yesterday!! A huge success for me.!
    4. work on pc boards :)
    5. work on sewing - trying to get rid of my scraps :) Trying to make a weighted quilt for kids with autism ... I think this will be added onto my charity quilting.
    6. be patient :) Bathroom is a mess .... kitchen is a mess. I feel like I am just following her around picking up ... but at least for now, I will do that. She does seems to be in a better frame of mind, so hoping the neatness will come back.
    7. mindful eating >:) Did great all day until last nite!

JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water
    4. if stressed, grab my glass of water, and distract myself. Cleaning, sewing, something other than eating
    5. work on pc boards ... we are very far behind
    6. work on tax stuff ... NEED to get this into the accountant
    7. work on quilting
    8. plan menus for the week
    9. be patient!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Quiet on here today but I’m reaching out in the hope someone is around. I’ve had a great day. I went to the Warrior class that I was so scared of and did really well - kept up with the incline running and sprinting, didn’t break in the weights intervals. Then did lots of errands and six loads of laundry. The house is immaculate, I’ve eaten plenty of good, healthy food, but I’m in a funk.

Boyfriend has been awol again today. After this weekend my ex is away for the next three weekends so I won’t see him now for ages. It’s not a big deal - we have this sort of issue all the time - but it’s only 7:50pm and I’m just bored! And a bit fed up! And these are major triggers for me to say sod it and get some chocolate!

I’m not going to do that because I know I’m physically full and it’s just emotions. But I wish my default when sad or frustrated wasn’t food!!

Ugh! Rant over. Thanks for reading if you made it this far x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @Faebert

You know how well you've done today and the chocolate won't be any consolation so why not have a nice soak in the bath and pamper yourself? You deserve it.
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Faebert

You know how well you've done today and the chocolate won't be any consolation so why not have a nice soak in the bath and pamper yourself? You deserve it.

Thank you so much @ZizzyBumble! I’m definitely going to just relax and look after myself. And tomorrow this will be a nsv! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 26 January

Continuing to be a pig and excusing myself by saying I'm on holiday. I'm no longer in my maintenance range but have some nice meals planned so have decided to wait until I'm home next Wednesday to get back on track.
  • Faebert
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »
    Quiet on here today but I’m reaching out in the hope someone is around. I’ve had a great day. I went to the Warrior class that I was so scared of and did really well - kept up with the incline running and sprinting, didn’t break in the weights intervals. Then did lots of errands and six loads of laundry. The house is immaculate, I’ve eaten plenty of good, healthy food, but I’m in a funk.

Boyfriend has been awol again today. After this weekend my ex is away for the next three weekends so I won’t see him now for ages. It’s not a big deal - we have this sort of issue all the time - but it’s only 7:50pm and I’m just bored! And a bit fed up! And these are major triggers for me to say sod it and get some chocolate!

I’m not going to do that because I know I’m physically full and it’s just emotions. But I wish my default when sad or frustrated wasn’t food!!

Ugh! Rant over. Thanks for reading if you made it this far x

Remember how FAR you have come!!! Remember how awful you will feel if you eat junk food!! Remember how hard it will be next time if you cave this time!!

Remember how GREAT you look now ... how GREAT you feel when you eat right!!

You know all this .... you came on here! So proud of you!!! You've got this!! So if it is nice outside ... go outside and go for a walk ... or go to the mall. ... or find some cleaning to do... something to keep yourself busy!! (Now ... I have to remember these things myself!) Don't let the emotions make you do something you will regret. In the meantime, big hugs <3

Thank you @mytime6630 - exactly what I needed to read, along with @ZizzyBumble. I think pausing before mindlessness and coming to ask for support is a huge deal for me! Thanks for being there x
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! I'm 333 posts behind! That's crazy! I love how much this board has blown up!

I'm sorry I've been MIA all week. To keep it short my MIL passed last night. It was a long process. My DH's family had to decide whether to take her off life support or not. They ended up doing it. So I've spent the last few days at the hospital with him and his family. It came to an end last night. And to be honest it was a good thing. My DH and I are comfortable with the fact that she has passed. She is up in glory and we know that. My job was really nice about the whole thing and let me take the whole week off. I am going back on Monday morning and the DH starts at his new store on Tuesday. He's really excited to go back and so am I. He needs to get out of the house and have a distraction.

I don't think I am going to go back and read all the posts. It would probably take me another week to read them all. Lol.