JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Ooooh, the quilt is done... can't wait to see it!

@AJB1014 Beautiful dress on a beautiful bride.

@Bex953172 Liking your new avatar.

No time for more comments, it's already past my "unplug" time. :D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Photos from Sat. 5K
    Waiting to start
    krqy2r4j5i7r.jpg
    Lining up for start
    lib7jjweq1m6.jpg
    Me after
    2pke5jkqjx0c.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Well done on doing the 5K in that weather @cschmitz110515! Think I’d just want to lie down in the warm..

Good to see you back @HEGoddard0928!

@maryrobinson40 - you are an amazing woman and getting it all done on your own. Don’t let your husband ever make you think otherwise x

@snowflake1968 am thinking of you and hoping when your phone is back tomorrow it rings with an interview offer x

Waves 👋 to everyone else.

Couldn’t make it on here yesterday but the weekend was ok. Took some much needed rest but got lots of chores done. Food choices middling at best!

Monday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to work: GaG cert, assembly props, m to stick in some work (please let me have a TA this week!! 🙏
    - Finish phonics screening!
    - Water!! Did not get enough this weekend
    - Re-read 2019 goals - stay mindful!

Have a great start to the week all!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 11 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge
    February night time challenge
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited February 2019
    JFT - Friday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal - This may be hard one as I’m planning on having a high calorie meal tonight so trying to eat super low calorie foods all day so I have enough. ✅ Managed to stay under and REALLY enjoyed my tea!!
    Longer dog walk than normal - 30 mins?✅ So I didn't end up taking the dog on a longer walk but I did end up taking the horse for a 45-minute walk instead

I had a really good busy weekend. Was out shopping with my mum on Saturday, we stopped off for lunch somewhere and I managed to successfully track my food. Stayed under my calorie goal for Saturday.
    Sunday we went to visit my partner’s family. His mum has put loads of food on so I tried to track my calories as best as I could, but it really isn’t accurate for Sunday. I just grazed from 12pm till 5pm ha!

JFT – Monday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal.
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time.
    Try and fit a gym session in tonight

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    op3trmuru21r.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    cs9br5imu1pz.jpg
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Do exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Don't push myself too much at work
    - Stay calm
    - French homework (evening)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: Clean slate

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Check on next course. Duo. Update Goodreads.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. 2-mile (8 lap) run at the park. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Dinner with B. Message mom on FB.
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Prep saag. Pack lunch for Monday.
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50. Monday: Submit essays for contest.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Take shoes! Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. PRINT. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: Go over WLGs. Collect PRs; sign off. Finish Minority Report. HW: Corruption / indefinite pronouns.
    4. Planning: A - Draft Week 7-8. Read blog posts. B - Check library. Blog comment. SUBMIT ESSAYS FOR CONTEST. C - Lunch duty. Duo. Grade late work. D - Input grades. Blog post. List of works used for classes.
    5. Class 4: Go over WLGs. Chromebooks - paraphrasing and research.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 journal entry.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Prep cheese. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 184.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@cschmitz110515 - Good GRACIOUS that looks cold. Way to go!
    @Snowflake1968 and @PackerFanInGB - I will have to post some pictures of our book collection. ;D
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Missed on most every important goal yesterday. Didn’t eat breakfast. Dinner wasn’t home cooked, and I didn’t ride the trainer.

JFT Monday 2/11

- Go to the gym before work - check
    - Protein bar and maybe fruit for breakfast.
    - Get dog to the vet
    - Don’t forget to pick up kid from crew at 6:00 (I normally don’t do this, but her car is in the shop).
    - Get other kid to tennis at 8:00.
    - Figure out dinner with the kids being in and out.
    - Just generally pick myself up and dust me off.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Yesterday was a lot of fun, but unfortunately I did not meet any of my goals. Today is a new day!

I do not have much weight to lose, less than 10 lbs, and that is the biggest struggle for me since my small deficit can be wiped out SO easily. I really want to improve body composition more than anything since I don't have a lot of muscle and I'm just soft, so this week I'd like to add in resistance training (strong curves). I have done the program before, but my biggest struggle with working out is I get much hungrier to the point of not being able to see my progress because I end up eating in a surplus!

@PackerFanInGB Thank you, that is true! I did do a little bike riding, but I don't think it was enough to make much of a difference since I was over by so much.

Here's yesterday:

1. Stay within 1700 calories 😞 I think it was more like 2400
    2. Put away laundry 😞 by the time we got home I had a migraine and had to lay down

JFT 2/11:

1. Stay within calories
    2. Go for a walk on lunch break
    3. Leave work before 5:30
    4. Cook dinner

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Played the organ at an Anglican church today; very nice service--nice congregation
    Calories: 1525--in the green
    Water: 4 cups
    Exercise: 10 minutes
    Steps:6100
    Weight: 163.4
    Snowing again!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Our library:
    rfedcafj1jxu.jpeg
    9xb6cog3yhsa.jpeg
    u8tun6cu27pj.jpeg
    tb9hhsgfxjxm.jpeg
    tzg4g14y4izb.jpeg
    fkiu26kou4qz.jpeg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    [2/10/19 Sun.
    *weigh 🙂 160.9 lbs. Not happy about it, but I did weigh.
    *Jan red cup challenge 🙂 5 cups! Yay!
    *stay in green 🙂 Yay!
    *Zumba 😞
    *bed by midnight 😞
    *laundry 🙂
    *groc. shopping 🙂
    *plan meals 🙂
    *declutter/clean something 😞

JFT 2/11/19
    *weigh
    *jan. red cup challenge
    *stay in green
    *back exercises
    *pushups
    *triceps dips
    *go to class
    *scan papers
    *send papers to oldest Bro
    *look for papers for upcoming meeting
    *15 min declutter/clean
    *laundry
    *bed by midnight

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Our library:
    rfedcafj1jxu.jpeg
    9xb6cog3yhsa.jpeg
    u8tun6cu27pj.jpeg
    tb9hhsgfxjxm.jpeg
    tzg4g14y4izb.jpeg
    fkiu26kou4qz.jpeg

You every thought about opening a book shop LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    I thought I posted my update from Saturday and my Sunday goals last night around 545 but I can’t find them anywhere, so I’ll start fresh today.

Yesterday morning was a bit of a gong show, the tv and Internet was out and had been out from 11 the night before. It came back just as I was putting a DVD in for the Grands. I think hubby would have suffered the most through that but we had our phones back.
    I had a very generous offer from a wonderful friend who paid to have it reconnected as she was fearful of me missing a call for the job. I will never in my life forget this person and her kindness.
    Anyhow, yesterday morning hubby goes back to the bedroom to lay down and read away from the Grands and for some strange reason the circuit breaker has kicked out. We haven’t determined why yet, but if it’s strange.

Today I woke up from a very nice dream where I was called for the job interview. The person on the other end told me exactly what questions would be asked and told me repeatedly to be myself. The interview was set for Wednesday at 2. I got up with a huge smile on my face. When I came out to the kitchen my smile faded fast. Hubby tells me there is an issue with our furnace. He had been able to get it going but he didn’t know if it would start again when it got cold. It has been working overtime for 2 weeks straight now and there is no sign of warming up. It just tried to start and won’t. I’m not sure what to do about this situation. It is -24 currently and that is our only source of heat. I think I’ll make a fb post to see if anyone I know knows someone who can fix furnaces.

Maybe shivering will burn some calories.

JFT - Monday February 11 - Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.