JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    The sunshine of my day was trying on my wedding dress that came in from ordering and not having no make one single alteration, not even a hem. It fits like it was custom and no additional alteration charges except $60 for the bustle. Here it is! And me, my mom and meme (her first selfie, she was so excited :D )
    dftu2hnwvmif.jpeg
    qtlzjxdcxybl.jpeg
    epaaazfotcvm.jpeg
    ANGEL... I LOVE IT! YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Beautiful!
    cq8ved3vt2mp.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello! Here is yesterday 2/8:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break 😁
    2. Stay within my calorie goal😁
    3. Leave work by 5:30😞 I left just after 6, I had so much to do and I feel like I could have left earlier if I skipped my lunch break when I take my walk, but I didn't want to do that
    4. Pay car and dental insurance 😐 paid the car insurance, totally forgot about the dental until just now reading this LOL
    5. Wash another load of laundry 😁

Now for today 2/9:

1. Get minimum 4,000 steps
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Dry and put away load of laundry
    4. Pay dental insurance
    5. Dishes

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Friday, 2/8/2019
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. WATER, WATER, WATER :)(There is always room for improvement though.)
    3. Eat only while sitting down :)
    4. Redirect thoughts when I begin to worry or feel axious about situation :)
    5. Remember...change what you can, accept what you cannot change. :)I actually did pretty good with this. I prayed a lot for peace, and then I reached out to the person I've been really struggling with and let them know I love them no matter what their choices are in life. I feel much more at peace for that situatiion at least. Work in progress.
    6. Calm app to meditate tonight :)I did this but had a really hard time quieting my mind. I guess that's bound to happen sometimes though.
    7. Watch Big Brother with husband tonight and relax :)
    8. Catch up on social media :)
    9. Gratitude Journal / Joyce Podcast / Simple Abundance / Calm bedtime story app or read until sleeping :):):(:)

Well I can see I'm not going to be super productive today! It's 12:52pm in Wisconsin and here I am in my bathrobe, sipping coffee, watching the news and surfing fabric stores online. I joined a Quilting on a Budget group on Facebook yesterday and someone listed a website with discount prices on good fabric lines and oh my Lord did I get caught up in that! Finally decided I should probably get up and take a shower, but K just jumped in there ahead of me so now I poured another cup of coffee and I'm doing my catch up on here! LOL! I really need to kick it into high gear if I'm going to get my weekend list done.

I'm pretty sure today my husband and I will start decluttering (tossing / donating / keeping) stuff in our basement. We have boxes and boxes of things we have moved three times and never unpacked. Time to toss! I plan to Marie Kondo the whole house bit by bit. Get rid of clutter around me and declutter my brain at the same time. :They say it is healing and I've found that to be true just with the few rooms I've done it in in the past.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Just for Saturday, 2/9/2019
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Drink 3 large blue stainless steel bottles of water
    3. Eat only while sitting down
    4. Make mindful choices - 90 g of protein / <29g added sugar
    5. Do at least 4 items on weekend to-do lis
    6. 30 minutes activity - inside because it is like -4,000 degrees today. :trollface: Maybe Body Groove dancing or Wii
    7. Tackle anxiety by redirecting thoughts. Cannot control some things. Pray and turn them over.
    8. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance or other book by same author / Calm meditation / read
    9. Get up early tomorrow and try a new church

Also on this weekend's list:
    • Listen to this week's Half Size Me podcast
    • Go through clothing in spare room and either keep/donate/toss
    • Visit Planet Fitness and get membership squared away
    • Tanning? Mani/Pedi?
    • Shop for 3 outfits that fit and that are my style so I have something comfortable to wear that I feel good in also.
    • Shop for outfits or sundresses to wear while at dad's that I will feel comfortable in
    • Finish attaching binding to quilt
    • Make a list of what to pack & get luggage ready
    • Financials - bills/ budget / spending money for trip
    • Update digital accounts
    • Prep serving-sized snacks to grab easily for lunches, etc.

Word for 2019: tenacity/tenacious - I am tenacious in my pursuit of a healthy body, mind and spirit.

Have a great weekend everyone! :flowerforyou:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 "Heart shaped potato chips" Hahahaha! Almost spit my coffee out!

@mytime6630 I really don't even have words for what you must be feeling. Just know I am praying for your family and sending you so much love. I hope you can feel the vibes coming your way.

@Bex953172 I'm so excited to hear about your new house. I know I've said that, but I really am happy for you!

@Faebert I hope you know what an inspiration you are to me. xoxo

@michiwano Glad to see you back! Isn't it crazy how easily we slip back without the accountability? I've been on here for 3 years now, with little breaks here and there during different medical events, etc., but I always find my way back! xoxo
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - my daughter has been using Marie Kondo methods for a few weeks now. What a differ nice it has made in her. Not just her tidiness at home, but in her whole mood. I am so proud of her and so that I could converse with her about her methods I watched the series on Netflix.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Write new WLGs on board. Note - Grammar 50% of HW grade. Update Goodreads.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Discuss MPAA guidelines for language for PG-13. Watch Minority Report. File papers. Monday's homework: Hero-Villain showdown. Hand out PRs.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Therapy exercises. FINISH AND PRINT WEEK 6. B - Grade student work. C - Input grades. Draft essay. File extra papers. D - Write blog post.
    5. Class 4: Works Cited and article analysis. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. Hand out PRs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away. Write essay.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Fill prescription Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Grocery list.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Update Goodreads. Used bookstore? Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave. Next Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@PackerFanInGB - Good luck with the decluttering! Donated some stuff to the thrift store today.
    @Bex953172 - Do you have any outside area that you can hang laundry if the weather is nice?
    @AJB1014 - What a lovely dress! You look so happy :D I hope that things continue to go smoothly for you!

WFTY is CLIMBING. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with it. New low on the scale this AM, though after a few days of drops I'm due for an upswing. I need to remember that I had a huge "gain" last Monday or Tuesday and it slowly trickled away.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Just Happy To have you in my life😍💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Write new WLGs on board. Note - Grammar 50% of HW grade. Update Goodreads.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Discuss MPAA guidelines for language for PG-13. Watch Minority Report. File papers. Monday's homework: Hero-Villain showdown. Hand out PRs.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Therapy exercises. FINISH AND PRINT WEEK 6. B - Grade student work. C - Input grades. Draft essay. File extra papers. D - Write blog post.
    5. Class 4: Works Cited and article analysis. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. Hand out PRs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away. Write essay.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Fill prescription Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Grocery list.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Update Goodreads. Used bookstore? Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave. Next Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@PackerFanInGB - Good luck with the decluttering! Donated some stuff to the thrift store today.
    @Bex953172 - Do you have any outside area that you can hang laundry if the weather is nice?
    @AJB1014 - What a lovely dress! You look so happy :D I hope that things continue to go smoothly for you!

WFTY is CLIMBING. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with it. New low on the scale this AM, though after a few days of drops I'm due for an upswing. I need to remember that I had a huge "gain" last Monday or Tuesday and it slowly trickled away.

Yeah, if its not raining or sunny would it still dry properly? Like if its just a mild/cold day?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172
    If the paving slabs have dried and there's a breeze you have a chance. If not, forget it!

Hope for decent weather tomorrow, nothing would have dried outside today in Hampshire (England)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 9 February

I can't find a post from this morning so I must have been distracted and forgotten to do it!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and vey :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January water challenge :) Just - so long as tonic water counts, it was with Seedlip ( non alcoholic) rather the gin!
    Modified February nighttime challenge :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 If it's sunny, and especially if there's a breeze, it should work. However, in colder weather it's not always pleasant ;D
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - my daughter has been using Marie Kondo methods for a few weeks now. What a differ nice it has made in her. Not just her tidiness at home, but in her whole mood. I am so proud of her and so that I could converse with her about her methods I watched the series on Netflix.

How did you like the series on Netflix? I’ve been meaning to watch it, but there’s always something that looks like it would be way more interesting to watch! LOL
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Playing catch up on my JFT goals. I went to a big conference on Thursday and Friday.
    JFT goals are the same every day:
    No snacks after dinner.
    No second glass of wine.

JFT Wednesday ✅
    JFT Thursday ✅
    JFT FRIDAY 🔥 crashed and burned on both!

Today is a new day 🙏😀
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I FINISHED CASEY’S QUILT!!!!! Oh my God! It only took me a year! But it’s done!!! So excited to send it to @Bex953172 <3:):DB)

Eeeeeeeee, do you know how many days it would take to arrive from when you post it?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Dress fitting at 1! :)
    2. Log all food >:)
    3. Eat when hungry, stop when full :)
    4. Waters! When I can get em - if someone offers, take it >:)
    5. Bring clothes to change into for wake :)
    6. Wake by 3:00. :)
    7. Take tylenol if this headache persists :)
    8. Dont sweat the small stuff :)

Thank you all for sharing the love, I'm glad I have you all to share with! Late to the party today but trying to Atleast stick with it, even if its a "bad day"

1. Drink 2 more waters
    2. Cookies OR ice cream
    3. Be kind
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I FINISHED CASEY’S QUILT!!!!! Oh my God! It only took me a year! But it’s done!!! So excited to send it to @Bex953172 <3:):DB)

Eeeeeeeee, do you know how many days it would take to arrive from when you post it?

I have no idea! We can wait until you move! That will give me a chance to try to fix a few spots that I wasn’t real happy with. Haha! You will be able to tell with one look that I’m a total novice! This is first quilt I’ve ever sewn binding on. Just remember it’s made with love! <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I have no idea! We can wait until you move! That will give me a chance to try to fix a few spots that I wasn’t real happy with. Haha! You will be able to tell with one look that I’m a total novice! This is first quilt I’ve ever sewn binding on. Just remember it’s made with love! <3

OH -- Bex is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I can't wait to see pictures of her when she gets it! Made with love <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Today was a busy day ... but I did much better. Trying to not worry about things that are out of my control.
    We had a lot of "decluttering" to do . Got rid of our piano .. as hubby bought a keyboard instead. We've had this piano almost 50 years ... and our kids took piano lessons on it , so it was hard to get rid of. Our daughter wanted it, but she lives in a 2nd floor apartment with stairs, and we figured at some point she will probably be moving back with us. She doesn't really even play it anymore. So the movers that picked it up promised they would find a good home for the piano... so I am hoping it goes to someone that can really enjoy it. But as a result ... we are getting rid of a lot of stuff (well, hubby is that is!).

I did have pizza tonite, but other than a light lunch I think I am OK. Hoping tomorrow to have time to get to the gym

JFt, Sun
    1. GO TO THE GYM ... no matter what!
    2. go to the groc store .. stock up on veggies
    3. log all food
    4. concentrate on water
    5. mindful eating
    6. remember ... I cannot control many things, but I can control how I choose to handle things. Food is not the answer

And what this ... @Bex ... you are moving???? I need to go back and read through about 5 pages to see what I missed I guess!!!!