• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    JFT (Monday) TENACITY / TENACIOUS

Daily Intake:
    Log every bite.
    Stay in the green
    Eat only when sitting
    Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present.
    Eat only if actually hungry.
    Give mysef credit: star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green
    Drink 64 oz of water

Activity
    30 minutes activity to include:
    6000 FitBit steps
    Body Groove or Wii Fit
    Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    Check out the gym and see if membership is still active

Miscellaneous
    Half Size Me Podcast
    Pack up another donate bag(s) & drop off
    Read a chapter from "The Wahls Protocol"
    Finish my "March" bullet journal pages
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    March bills / budget / start gathering 2018 tax paperwork
    Gratitude Journal | Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance | Calm app

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/3 Sunday
    1) Choir sings 7:45 & 9:00 services :smiley:
    2) Treadmill 3 mi 51:11 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    3) Prep slow cooker creamy bacon corn chowder & enter recipe into MFP :smiley: new recipe is a keeper!
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Ate very early breakfast before church, then was prepping soup which contained cooked, crumbled bacon... hubby took advantage to make biscuits & gravy, and I ate 2nd breakfast of biscuit (no gravy, but butter & jam) and egg, that was not in plan or daily limit. Net calories -345 :( , sodium -1,049 :s yikes!, sugar green 4 :) , fiber ok-ish :/ , net protein exactly zero! :D , 14c water (yay).
    5) Update JFT posts for weekly w-i and monthly goals = :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (treadmill before work M)

JFT 3/4 M ~ Actually woke up 7 min. before early alarm & let myself relax in bed before getting up after snooze alarm... felt so good. Reminding myself that, with time change this weekend (already?!?), it will be pitch black again when early alarm goes off, so be mentally prepared. We are on eastern side of time zone. B)
    1) Treadmill before work 3 mi 49:56 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / no snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete summaries for UTH (76/139)/ catch-up Inbox backlog
    5) Evening: mail check & other misc. / organize final tax docs & message Maru to arrange meeting / wash dishes / other to-do's?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train before work T)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I'm home from work today. Not feeling well. I've been fighting a cold for about a week and this morning I woke up with a migraine-type headache, scratchy throat and earache. I should have gone to work, but my body was screaming for rest, so that's what I'm doing.

@cschmitz110515 thanks for reinforcing my hesitation to walk outside. Here I was picturing you and Caye out walking everyday while I wuss out with Maddie! It makes me feel better that my decision is a sound one and not just being paranoid. I slip and slide on the parking lot at work every day and really get afraid of falling and hitting y head again. But it sure does restrict a person's outside time, doesn't it? I'm so sick of all this snow! The snowbank in front of our house is taller than our living room window sill.

@mytime6630 I'm loving reading your Saturday WW messages! I'm glad your daughter is opening up more and the doc is working with you. It sounds like you are on the right path for helping both your daughter AND yourself! It makes me happy to hear you doing something for yourself. :heart:

@toaljasa I had such a nice time with my granddaughter! Thank you! Your comment gave me such a big smile! What fun you and I would have bumming for an afternoon. :smile: :heart:

@Snowflake1968 Your analogy of passing one McDonalds at a time and taking it one day at a time to avoid stopping for that glass of Coke made me smile. It's so true! Good for you! I need to put that into practice with my freezer at night...the ice cream whispers my name at abou 8:00 every evening.

@ZizzyBumble "Methodical" is a GREAT word!

@shirazumdraws I'm glad you figured out the reason for the lightheadedness! I'm known to be a klutz so I always worry about injury...so happy to hear you "skipped the skipping" LOL! The dip and cucumber slices sounds like a good healthy snack in between. Good to know you are planning ahead just in case! :mrgreen:

@Faebert I like your idea for the March challenge. It's -9 F outside today and I don't see me getting outside much this month. I'm going to use your same "no added sugar" idea for the month of March. It's going to be really hard but it's something I need to do for myself anyway. Hope you are having a great day today!

@bookmeister86 Chile!!! How exciting! I know if I were booking a trip as awesome as that, that my husband and I would be growling at each other like a couple of wild cats. It's got to be kind of a form of stress, I think, even though it is good stress? I cannot wait to see your pictures. I really enjoyed your pics of VietNam last year. Beautiful! I hope you share again...(hint hint :smile:) How do you pick where you want to go on your holidays? Such interesting locations!

@Bex953172 I don't blame you one single bit for taking a break from goals! You have a TON on your plate right now. Moving is stressful and exciting all at the same time. 3 small daughters is crazy busy. Just daily life as a young mother is crazy busy! I think you are wise to not put other expectations on yourself. Please make sure you are eating and taking care of yourself though, because we want you HEALTHY! I'm home from work today so won't be able to mail the quilt out today, but it's going in the mail this week and I am so excited to finally get it to you!!!! :flowerforyou: (I had to laugh at your Dr. Pepper Anonymous comment!)

@littleblackskirt Grandbabies should ALWAYS top goals! Glad you got to snuggle!

@tlc4pit Welcome!!! I agree about yesterday. Don't look back...you're not going that way!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have internet again! I’ve been without Internet the last two days. Wow did I realize I’m super dependent on it. Anyway I’m going to reset the goals today since I’m not sure where my last post was.

JFT 3/4:
    80 oz. water
    House chore
    Tidy/do dishes
    5 minutes on a project or goal
    Journal
    Bed at 9:30

Happy Monday all!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Starting over after a weekend lapse, again. Getting better about just getting right back to kind self talk. Gotta keep on keeping on.

1. 2 waters before lunch. 1/hour after
    2. Log all food
    3. Cook lunch and dinner at home
    4. Log all food
    5. Move laundry
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Be kind
    8. Bed by 930
    9. Weigh in = 186 - consider and plan some realistic goals, and plans on how to get there.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Happy Marvelous Monday!

WOY: Discipline!

JFT:
    Be grateful for everyday blessings (hot showers, warm home, etc.)

Drink 6 cups of water/herbal tea
    Exercise
    Begin logging food on MFP again
    Floss

plan menu
    Order groceries
    fresh sheets on the guest bed
    ayvhw4f2hdos.png

We've got this! Peace and joy!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    "DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]

Weekly Weigh - in

5'11" tall
    67 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Year 2017
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Year 2018
    January 1: 195.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    November 5: 200.1
    December 3: 200.0
    Dec 15: 207

Every year from Halloween until New Years I seem to gain weight. It is a combination of seasonal depression/ missing loved ones (having lost 4 of my siblings who I was very close to), and just missing the big family get togethers. Upset with myself, but I feel uncontrollable in this ... this is one of my main goals to learn this new year.

Year 2019

January 1, 2019: 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!! -- DO not gain weight at the end of the year!

Weight goals 2019:
    Feb: 200 -- Almost made this goal!
    March: 195
    April: 190 -- 1st Mini Goal in time for our 43rd wedding anniversary!!
    May: 185
    June: 180 -- 2nd mini goal
    July: 175-- 4th of July party at our sons
    August: 170 -- GOAL REACHED!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Sun
    1. log all food :) Hubby wanted homemade pizza (for 45 years, pizza has always been our sunday dinner). I made it, but I only had 1 piece ... had applesauce, and a huge salad with it.
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. jan challenge =8+ water :)
    4. feb challenge - only 1 nite time snack :) Actually didn't have any snack!
    5. march challenge .... not if we get snow though!! :'(:'( I need sunshine!! We got more ice/snow
    6. work on baby quilt for my friend :)
    7. finish up quilt for my cousin :)
    8. do not give up :s

I tend to get so frustrated with the scale ... do you guys feel that way at times? I feel like for almost 2 weeks I am eating so much healthier, drinking more water.yet, the scale wants to stay the same. Up, down, up, down... but never down. I just can't seem to break out of the 200s now!! Last year I was struggling to break out of the 190s. So hard to not just throw in the towel!

JFT, Mon
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. jan challenge = 8+ water
    4. feb Challenge - 1 snack tonite
    5. mar challenge ... forget it! It is 5 degrees out right now, with a high of only 17 degrees ... and sidewalks are icy. I need sunshine and warmer temps so badly.
    6. work on baby quilt
    7. do not give up. This is a lifestyle change .... it will not happen overnite. (But why does it seem like the pounds went on overnite!!)

I'll try and catch up on the posts later tonite.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Somehow I'm down 3lbs in like a week and a half. I have no idea how. Although I have been staying away from candy which was my downfall for a few weeks. But I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 173.2 which I haven't seen in like a month. No idea why but I'll definitely take it!

I had a whole list of things I wanted to do yesterday but ended up at D and B's house who are going through some seriously tough financial times. We got them a $100 grocery store gift card because we know what it's like to be in that situation. They just have to make it until the beginning of next month and they will be fine. But I hung out with them for a few hours yesterday afternoon. They really needed it. I spent about an hour and a half listening to them ramble on about the plot of Game of Thrones, which I will never watch. Lol. But I knew that they needed to focus on something other than their current circumstances. So I didn't mind. They are very close friends and will forever have my loyalty so I'm glad that we could help.

It's already almost 2 but I do have a few things I want to get done today. So I guess I will make a small JFT. Lol

1. Log all food
    2. Go to the gym for a bit
    3. Food shopping
    4. Take out the trash
    5. Work on summary of next scene in WIP
    6. Bed at a decent time(I need to get up at a decent time again. I've been sleeping waay too late.)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday March 3 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 40.55 secs
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😒
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Monday March 4 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I have read everyone’s posts but didn’t make notes. I’m feeling pretty down this morning, I’m put out with hubby and I’m tired of being home. I really want to get to work. I don’t think it’s healthy being stuck in the house all the time and not having something to look forward to.

I’m sure I’ll shake this off, but I’m just not myself today.

Sorry to hear you're down - it doesn't surprise me though given you've been at home for a while. I get a bit down/stressed when I've been at home thinking about job stuff for just a day, I'd go crackers if i did for an extended period! I think you've done well not to be too down before this point, frankly.

What happened with the job you really wanted? Did you hear anything?

In terms of staying positive, are you planning on doing the March challenge? Getting some fresh air each day should help with cabin fever and sunshine (when it's there) is a great mood booster.

Sending you lots of positive vibes and thoughts - hope you hear something positive soon!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I thought I would share this will you all:

Monday Motivation – March 4, 2019
    March 4, 2019/0 Comments/in Daily Diet Tips

When people ask us, “What’s the single most important quality for a successful dieter to have?” The answer is undeniably: PERSISTENCE! The ability to not give up, even when the going gets hard. Because, in the journey of weight loss and maintenance, the journey WILL get hard, and then it will get easier, and then it will get harder again, and then easier. That’s just the process. The trick it sticking with it during the hard times, knowing that there’s a better time around the corner.

• mytime6630
    Options

I have read everyone’s posts but didn’t make notes. I’m feeling pretty down this morning, I’m put out with hubby and I’m tired of being home. I really want to get to work. I don’t think it’s healthy being stuck in the house all the time and not having something to look forward to.

I’m sure I’ll shake this off, but I’m just not myself today.

So sorry you are feeling down.

Is there some volunteer work or something you can do while you are waiting for a job? Something where you can at least get out of the house ... or maybe even a walk or if too cold, mall walking?

I know for me, this winter has been brutel, and I desperately need sunshine. I know I need to be around people some also. That is why the gym helps me, and outside walking. But I told hubby if we ever retire, I would love to volunteer someplace ... even as a walmart greeter or something. Socializing is so important, and sometimes just getting out helps. Maybe volunteer at your grandchildrens school?. It doesn't have to be paying work to be fulfilling. But I know financially, that is hard also, but just a suggestion until that right job comes for you? Sometimes volunteer stuffalso leads to work.

But I know you have so much on your plate right now, and I keep praying that a job will come through for you. Hugs to you <3 I hope your day gets a little better.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 4 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) and enjoyed some left over trifle from yesterday!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) Morning walk before work and getting off the bus at an earlier stop.

It really feels as if Spring is coming, there are more green leaves each time I go out for a walk. I, like a lot of others, am looking forward to sunshine and warmer weather!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    :)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    tlc4pit wrote: »
    I'm sooo happy I found this thread! I need it. I definitely need the patience to take it one day at a time. Today is a new day and who cares about yesterday. :-)

WELCOME!! GLAD YOU CAME🌹
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 Full Circle Sinksational Sink Strainer with Stopper, White/Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X42DD8G/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_s1BFCb16JKVR9
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    :)

Love you @cory17
    I'm glad you're here. Hope you're getting a lot of good vibes from this thread and the motivation
    you need. Keep your eyes on the prize👏👏👏💝
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Sorry @Bex953172 , but I thought of you the minute I saw this and had to share. I cannot tell you how many times my kids got into stuff like this when they were little! :lol:

hpbeaphn9481.png