JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Right everyone, yesterday got a bit crazy and i wanted to tell you guys but honestly i didnt know what was going to happen myself!

So basically, weve been registering our interest (or bidding) for houses that are available from mid March, as we knew by the end of Feb we would have paid off all our arrears to our landlord and then he could give us a reference. We thought by choosing mid March houses we wouldnt have to get a reference until they atleast had the keys off the current people living in that house.
    Anyway, we got a call yesterday and we got first priority! And she asked for a reference.. we said we'd get back to her today with his number so she could ring him and get the reference. So panic sets in. Weve not paid off the arrears.. we cant for another few weeks and she needs this reference tomorrow. And if we decline the house we would not be allowed to bid for 12 months (2 rejections on houses and they put you im catergory E of priority.)
    And after lots of shouting, arguing, crying, pointing the finger and giving up completely, help came in the shape of my MIL. She paid all the arrears, half of which is a gift and the rest we pay back as we were going to with the landlord originally.

The housing association rang our landlord today and he gave a brilliant reference. And long story short, i move in on the 10th March!!!

We did it! With lots of help we did it! I cant wait, Saskia will have her own room now and Marley and Casey will have a decent big room to share, we have a garage/utility room, a garden at the back AND front and even a dining room!! And theres a passage between the houses opposite our house that leads to a field with a park for the kids, and the schools a 5 min walk!!

Thank you everyone for your support!!

@PackerFanInGB would you hold out on posting the quilt until ive moved, ill be redirecting my mail from this house through the post office but i dont want there to be any reason for it getting lost in the mail!

I am so incredibly happy for you! Is this a more affordable place for you? It sounds ideal location and space wise.

Yeah definitely, because its a housing association we have a housing officer who sorts anything we need, and the council pay the housing benefit directly to them. So the rent is just paid for with no input from us, apart from making the housing benefit claim.
    Its much better because we get paid the housing brnefit atm as were with a private landlord and sometimes we'd juggle our money so we could pay a bill or buy food and then recoup it the next week but evidrnyly it didnt exactly work for us that, hence the arrears

That is such a relief for you. I get it about juggling. I am juggling right now and just trying to keep it all together is so hard. Our phones were cut off today. I am going to be able to pay it on Tuesday but now I’m hoping no one calls for a job in the meantime.
  • neenee2887
    neenee2887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. Reduce the amount of television i watch.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Take my breaks during work hours so i won't be too tired to do at least 1 hour of exercise
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple.
    Calories: 1500--in the green
    Exercise: 15" video
    5 glasses of water.
    Weight: 164
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I don’t pay for MFP I use the free stuff only. I realize that ads are part of the free portion. Look what was advertised tonight when I closed my diary. I find this very ironic.pnpkxret2pyw.png
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Haha! @snowflake1968 that is truly silly advertising placement! I also only use the free service and to be honest I don’t even notice the ads anymore. How are things? Hope you hear soon re an interview now that job has closed x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Time for some goal-setting for me. I’m planning on a run this morning. Kind of tired, not sure I’m feeling it but I realise I have to do more than one long run a week if I’m going to make progress. And always feel so proud of myself afterwards so it is worth it. Heading into another weekend - fewer plans this time so hopefully stress levels can stay low and I can avoid any emotional eating.

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - More assembly prep ✅
    - Water ✅
    - IM meeting ✅
    - Phonics screening ❎
    - Eyebrows and tanning after work✅
    - Health food store✅
    - Only 1 evening snack✅
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning run??
    - Sort printing out on arrival at school (ask M to trim and stick in sheets)
    - Find boxes and paint for props
    - Water!
    - Finish phonics screening
    - Home lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Pick up P from play date?
    - Early night

Happy Friday lovely people! X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »

I struggle with consistency, too.
    Also with leaving work-same issue. And although I didn't list it on my JFT, laundry is something I need to do tonight, too.

Great job, yesterday! (I done good, too... lol)

Hope you have a nice day!

Thank you! It's nice to see someone else struggles with the same things I do, and great job to you! I am trying to get my life organized (and keep it that way, that's the kicker) which is a constant battle to stay on top of. I hope you have a great day!

Here's yesterday, pretty proud of myself as I really did not want to do the laundry part..

JFT 2/6:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break 😊
    2. Stay within my calorie goal😊
    3. Leave work by 5:30 (I have a problem of working late way too often)😊
    4. Do a load of laundry😊
    5. Put away the clean laundry😊

And today, 2/7:

1. Go for a walk on my lunch break
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Leave work by 5:30
    4. Cook dinner (also have a problem with this and getting takeout way too often, that gets expensive!)
    5. Put away more laundry

Great job meeting all your goals & especially Laundry! :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 8 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge
    Modified February nighttime challenge
  • Elbee1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »

JFT 2/7/19 Thursday
    *Weigh: :) 158 lbs. I didn't gain, so Yay!
    *make it to dr appt on time :)
    *go to ob/Gyn :)
    *Not give in to myself for making it thru dr visit be eating to celebrate. Something I've done since a kid :)
    *leave work on time even tho less hrs today-focus & don't lose track of time. Keep long term fitness goal in mind. :(
    *zumba class 7pm east Plano :(
    *Jan. Red cup challenge :)
    *stay in green :)
    *bed by midnight :(

So, even though you don't see smiles after everything, I had a great day! I'm especially proud of myself for this one: "Not give in to myself for making it thru dr visit by eating to celebrate. Something I've done since a kid" -- This is the first time EVER that I did NOT go to one of my favorite restaurants after a doctor appointment!!! And, I even had an unexpected procedure done at the ob-gyn. It was just supposed to have been an exam (yearly that I was nearly 3 1/2 years past due on........). The doctor found a large polyp and I decided to go ahead & let him remove it. (That's another thing that I'm pretty proud of myself for -- I did NOT call my husband to ask his advice or anything. I just decided to go ahead and have it done. I was soo scared & shaking. I'm just a big baby & it ended up not even hurting... even though the Dr. told me that I would have pain when he injected the anesthetic.. ).
    And, I will tell you that I'm hoping that I truly learn from this NOT to skip Dr. appointments. Wow! That thing was pretty darn big! I'm glad it's outta me & guess I'll receive pathology report in a few days.

Realized this afternoon while I was at work.... that I was NOT going to be able to physically do that Zumba class after all, so made a conscious choice to work later. I had planned on doing it even after the procedure, but not as well as I thought that I'd be...

JFT 2/8/19 Friday
    *Weigh
    *Jan. Red cup challenge
    *Stay in green
    *Bed by midnight
    A bonus will be if I get ANY exercise in...

Hugs, y'all.

• Elbee1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just for Wednesday | 2/6/2019:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Drink 90 oz of water ;)Nope, but I drank water at the restaurant so that was a win!
    3. 30 active minutes on my FitBit ;)Nope, but I exceeded my FitBit step goal.
    4. 2 fruits / 3 veggies :)
    5. No vending machine snacks :)
    6. Eat only when sitting down :)
    7. Be mindful, eat slowly, enjoy my meal :)
    8. Give myself credit for positive choices :)(See above....partial credit! Not all good, but not all bad either!)
    9. Review restaurant's menu online and pre-select healthy choice for dinner tonight :)Stayed in the green.
    10. Beck's - next chapter :#Got home too late.
    11. Lymphatic massage for arm before bed :#Got home too late.
    12. Gratitude Journal / Podcast / Simple Abundance / Calm App / Read until lights out by 10:30 ;)I started out with the Calm app first and then was going to read and journal. Big mistake. Fell asleep during the meditation! LOL! Not horrible, because I've been struggling to fall asleep lately so it was actually kind of a good thing. (See how I did that? Glass half full? :mrgreen: )

Maddie did okay at Doggy Day Care yesterday. She was pretty nippy in the beginning they said, but they finally found a group of dogs that were larger and calmer and she did pretty good with that group. I'm bringing her again tomorrow and Monday for half days, Tuesday & Wednesday for full days and then we go on our trip Thursday. I sure hope she does okay. She was mad at me when I picked her up yesterday....was happy to see me at first but then got in the car and would not look at me or let me scratch her under the chin...then laid down in the back seat with her back to me all the way home. :lol: What do you know? I have a female dog with an attitude! No wonder I was attracted to her! :mrgreen:

Word for 2019: tenacity/tenacious - I am tenacious in my pursuit of a healthy body, mind and spirit.

Love "Tenacity".
    Also, you did fantastic on Wednesday!!!
    And, yes, like the way you are wording things "glass half full".
    Super job with planning restaurant meal & staying in the green...

I'm glad that Maddie did okay at Doggy Day Care.

Also, I like your extra list -- Spoiler list. That's great!

• Elbee1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Bex953172 Such great news about the house! So glad that things are turning around for you. That's wonderful!

Awww. your sweet dog. So precious!

@maryrobinson40 I'm so happy you didn't have to have that biopsy done and especially that you don't have cervical cancer. I thought about you, today, when I was at my doctor's office & he found a large polyp on my cervix...
    You gave me the courage to go ahead and have him remove it. I'll get the pathology report in a few days. He gave me the choice just to leave it there, come back another time to do it, or schedule it as a Day Surgery.
    Thank you so much for your inspirational posts and cheerleading!!!!!

I'm hoping things are getting better for your daughter.

@Snowflake1968 Thanks... Yep, I do stretches after my exercises. So important.

@ZizzyBumble Great job staying in the green last week, meeting your Fitbit exercise goals & drinking more water & less wine. Fantastic that it resulted in weight loss & a drop in your resting heart rate!!!!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    Ive had a lovely start. I decided to walk the dog to the school, i hadnt tried it before. I was unsure on how hed be around all the people because its pretty crowded around the school gate.
    Anyway. I had left over bread too so we decided to feed thd ducks from the bridge over the canal. It was this point that the dog wriggled free of his harness, he didnt run off though and i noticed before he did and clipped him back in.
    So then im worried that he was going to escape when he was tied up at the gate and run in to the school but i tied his lead round his collar and harness anx it worked! He stayed put! We walked down the canal home, i let him have a run up and down then came back.
    Just having a coffee, and my living room is starting to smell like actual poo.. nappy time!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Barre class👍
    4. 1 after dinner snack👍

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Spin class
    4. Don’t over indulge at pizza party tonight

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 959 Member
    Options

JFT 7th February

Log accurately YES
    Stay within calories YES
    Make a proper meal tonight YES
    Do more back exercises NO
    Walk to the shops YES
    Housework YES
    Paperwork YES

So yesterday was a pretty good day. Went for a walk and was out the house about 70 minutes. Think I only walked about 40 minutes of that though, the rest was meeting people to chat to.

Fell down on the back exercises, didn't do any at all, not even the stretches. Considering "lose weight and lessen back pain" were my 2 main aims for 2019, I really need to get better at this. I don't enjoy doing exercises and find them boring. Do them anyway!

JFT 8th February

Log accurately
    Stay within calories
    Eat proper meals with veg
    Get hair cut
    Visit parents
    Housework
    Do some back exercises!

Not sure about a walk today, we have a storm, so gales and heavy rain. Not keen to go out, but will see if it improves later.

Have a good day everyone.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options

JFT 7th February

Log accurately YES
    Stay within calories YES
    Make a proper meal tonight YES
    Do more back exercises NO
    Walk to the shops YES
    Housework YES
    Paperwork YES

So yesterday was a pretty good day. Went for a walk and was out the house about 70 minutes. Think I only walked about 40 minutes of that though, the rest was meeting people to chat to.

Fell down on the back exercises, didn't do any at all, not even the stretches. Considering "lose weight and lessen back pain" were my 2 main aims for 2019, I really need to get better at this. I don't enjoy doing exercises and find them boring. Do them anyway!

JFT 8th February

Log accurately
    Stay within calories
    Eat proper meals with veg
    Get hair cut
    Visit parents
    Housework
    Do some back exercises!

Not sure about a walk today, we have a storm, so gales and heavy rain. Not keen to go out, but will see if it improves later.

Have a good day everyone.

What sort of exercises do you usually do?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT. Warm up the car if needed.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Call in absence. Doctor visits.
    3. Class 1-2: Project work. HW - Freedom. Monday's homework: Hero-Villain showdown.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Gratitude journal. Update unit 2 plans and print. B - Grade homeworks. C - Enter grades. D - Check grammar test. Two discussion comments. Check on Week 3 project. Blog post. Take portfolios, crate, and essay revision sheets.
    5. Class 4: Capitalization practice, in-text citations, read 2 articles & write response that uses in-text citations. HW: Growing Up.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Draft Week 5 project. Wash clothes.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Write out References for reflection essay.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Write new WLGs on board. Note - Grammar 50% of HW grade. Update Goodreads.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Discuss MPAA guidelines for language for PG-13. Watch Minority Report. File papers. Monday's homework: Hero-Villain showdown. Hand out PRs.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Therapy exercises. FINISH AND PRINT WEEK 6. B - Grade student work. C - Input grades. Draft essay. File extra papers. D - Write blog post.
    5. Class 4: Works Cited and article analysis. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. Hand out PRs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Fill prescription Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 186.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , when I do them, I do a mixture of things the osteopath has recommended. Hard to describe without pictures! In a couple I hold my legs in a certain position to try and ease the sciatic nerve. Also stretching poses like the cat, cow and childs pose. I've bought an American book called "Strong Women, Strong Backs" which I hope to work my way through.(still on the easier ones just now).
    I have scoliosis, which means my spine is not straight, so need to be very careful what I do or I make things worse.
    So just gentle stuff, nothing like what people do at the gym!