JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Great Saturday... And I got out and enjoyed the sunshine😁👍 I'm happy.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Those fitting room mirrors are definitely unforgiving. Lol. M and I went to Goodwill and spent like an hour and a half browsing. I bought a bunch of things. Mostly open shirts that you would use for layering. It's going to be nicer soon so hopefully I'll get to wear nice spring/summer clothes again! I also bought a dress that I am loving, in fact, I'm wearing it right now! I'm going to the annual women's retreat in June and need to bring a nicer dress for Friday night dinner. I bought this dress for that reason. It's not formal but it is very pretty and very comfy. It's one I will wear many times! And I got it for $9...I love thrift shopping!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Meant to post this morning but I think I just read all the updates and then forgot so I’ll post now.
    I also didn’t do well on WW. I tried it twice but the rules were not a good fit for me. I need more specific guidance and information as to why the rules are in place. I also tried SparkPeople with some luck but have had the best luck with the Mayo Clinic Diet. It just makes sense to me and I find the rules very practical and reasonable.

@Bex-my stress releases are talking to a friend or journaling. If I need escape it’s a good movie/tv show, music, or a book.

Yesterday:
    One house chore ✅
    Start dishes and tidying ✅
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal ✅
    Journal done ✅
    Bed at 10-not sure what I want to do for weekends yet

JFT 3/2
    One house chore
    Start dishes and tidying
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal
    Journal
    Drink 80 oz. water
    Bed at 10?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Sat
    1. go to WW meeting :) Down 2 lbs, but since shoes and jeans on, still 6 # more than I have recorded here. I still am logging calories ... just don't know about this program yet.
    2. log all food :)
    3. jan challengs -8+ c water :)
    4. feb challenge - only one nite time snack :)
    5. mar challenge - outside walking 15 min :) Went to the YMCA after my class. Then stressed out, and wanted to eat .. so went outside for a walk. Walked 60 minute. It is 35 degrees out, but we are suppose to get 3-6" of snow, then bitterly cold temps again.
    6. mindful eating :)
    7. do not get discouraged. The scale is only a number :) Even though my weight is really high, lost 2#.

JFT, Sun
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. jan challenge =8+ water
    4. feb challenge - only 1 nite time snack
    5. march challenge .... not if we get snow though!!
    6. work on baby quilt for my friend
    7. finish up quilt for my cousin
    8. do not give up
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Serious, now. Blood work was not good. May have to start cholesterol med... don't wanna, but... we'll see.

3 months, starting, today... of being serious about this, now.

JFT 3/2/19 Sat.
    Weigh: Went ahead & did this --159 lbs.
    At least 4 8 oz glasses of water
    Stay in the green
    Plan meals

• GoHiggins
    GoHiggins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m new here and would love some support. I’ve been eating sweets when I know better (for a break, for a little happy moment, etc.) I need to eliminate this habit/urge. I tried today and did fair for day 1. I’m trying again tomorrow. (One day at a time.) if anyone has any helpful tips or words of encouragement, I could use some right now. Thanks friends.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    GoHiggins wrote: »
    I’m new here and would love some support. I’ve been eating sweets when I know better (for a break, for a little happy moment, etc.) I need to eliminate this habit/urge. I tried today and did fair for day 1. I’m trying again tomorrow. (One day at a time.) if anyone has any helpful tips or words of encouragement, I could use some right now. Thanks friends.

I have the same problem ... mine worse time is in the evenings. I bought some sugar free jello to eat, and the challenge for this month is to have just one snack. Then ... either brush your teeth, do something so that this is the only snack that you have. But ... welcome to this thread. There is so much support on here, and you are not alone
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    Serious, now. Blood work was not good. May have to start cholesterol med... don't wanna, but... we'll see.

3 months, starting, today... of being serious about this, now.

JFT 3/2/19 Sat.
    Weigh: Went ahead & did this --159 lbs.
    At least 4 8 oz glasses of water
    Stay in the green
    Plan meals

We missed you! Glad to see you back ... you can do this... you are not alone. Its taking it just one day at a time.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Those fitting room mirrors are definitely unforgiving. Lol. M and I went to Goodwill and spent like an hour and a half browsing. I bought a bunch of things. Mostly open shirts that you would use for layering. It's going to be nicer soon so hopefully I'll get to wear nice spring/summer clothes again! I also bought a dress that I am loving, in fact, I'm wearing it right now! I'm going to the annual women's retreat in June and need to bring a nicer dress for Friday night dinner. I bought this dress for that reason. It's not formal but it is very pretty and very comfy. It's one I will wear many times! And I got it for $9...I love thrift shopping!

I love thrift shopping also! Great find!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I worked really hard yesterday. Rushing around to get the kids sorted and then make it to my gym class. Then spent a good three hours or so on cleaning/laundry/organising the house. Came to bf’s house for the first time in ages and I’m here now. Ate a huge dinner with him but I think I earned it! Planned on a long run here this morning but it’s throwing it down with rain so now I’m not sure what to do. Could try and do a quiet workout in the living room but he’s asleep so it would need to be v quiet indeed!

Saturday goals recap:
    - Up early and girls pack for weekend ✅
    - shower and wash hair of the poorly little one ✅
    - Pick P up from sleepover ✅
    - Take girls to meet their Dad ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - Bank, pet food shop, health food shop and buy pears ✅
    - send P party invitation❎
    - laundry and cleaning ✅
    - Head to bf house? ✅

Sunday goals:
    - exercise?? Or rest day, we shall see
    - Enjoy the rest of the time with bf
    - Pick up girls from their dad
    - Finish laundry and put everything away
    - Amend party invitation and send
    - Early night

Have a good Sunday all!
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very new to this. Today my goal is to stick to OMAD. Today is my second day and I am having trouble because I am little lightheaded and my meal time is at 8 which is more than 7 hours from now. I also want to do half an hour of jump rope, but I don't know if I can do it since I am already lightheaded.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100 oz water
    3. TRX workout
    4. One healthy evening snack
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we are going to the Renaissance Festival and I'm sooooo excited! My goal is to just stay within 1600 calories for the day (gotta fit in that bread bowl of goodness I get every year).

@nlmackey98 it is ok, sometimes those days happen but it's a new day and I know you can do this!

@shirazumdraws if you're feeling lightheaded, maybe try two meals instead? That's what I do, I skip breakfast, have a small lunch and maybe a snack, have a big dinner and then another snack (usually dessert, this is how I fit in sweets -my weakness- almost every day). Not saying my method is better than any other method, it's just what I've found has been working for me

Yesterday 3/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁 got like 8k!
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Make budget - for real this time!!!!!😁
    5. Order gift😁

JFT 3/3:

1. Stay within 1600 calories
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Just have a fun, stress-free day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I love thrift shopping also! Great find!

I do too! I'm going today with one of my granddaughters! The dress sounds perfect!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Very new to this. Today my goal is to stick to OMAD. Today is my second day and I am having trouble because I am little lightheaded and my meal time is at 8 which is more than 7 hours from now. I also want to do half an hour of jump rope, but I don't know if I can do it since I am already lightheaded.

OMAD sounds very strict. I am not an expert by any means, but I would personally hesitate to jump rope if you are lightheaded. You could easily hurt yourself. (Trust me....I'm forever hurting myself. I think they named a room in the Emergency Room after me. LOL :# ) Can you eat some low calorie vegetables with a bit of hummus or guacamole for dip? Those are all healthy. Or an apple? An ounce or 2 of cheese for protein?

Welcome to the group! Let us know how you do. I'll be thinking of you!