JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hi, sweet ladies,

Sometimes a small step can lead to a more joyful, more peaceful state of being.

What is one thing today that you can do to add to a more positive you, spiritually, physically, or mentally? Just one thing? Nothing earth shattering, goal setting.

Applying lotion to your feet and hands (or to someone else's)? making your bed? organizing your underwear drawer? Writing (and mailing!) a short thinking-of-you note? Taking a walk? Cleaning off your desk? Writing down a prayer or scripture or quote? Dancing in the kitchen? Yoga? Going to bed early? Taking a candle lit bubble bath? Going through a pile of paperwork?

Yesterday, I tackled a pile of paper that needed shredding. It took less than twenty minutes but now the table top is clutter free and dust free (yes, they had been there a while!). And it did give me peace and joy to have that little part of my world right again.

Today, I am going to take a few minutes and vacuum the drawers and cabinets in my kitchen where crumbs have set up residence.
    00dwhma759ll.png
    Looking in the mirror and telling myself I Love You Mary💖
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Last call for the Financial Peace University course for anyone who was with us prior to Jan 1 of this year. I have a taker here locally but they can wait if you want Hannah to send it your way.

JFT 2/28
    Still shifting from 146-150. Not as tenacious or self-disciplined as I was this time last year.

Drink 6 cups water/herbal tea
    Strength training (working on back and underarm fat)
    Prayer journal
    Vacuum kitchen drawers and cabinets
    Start new baby quilt (finally finished the labor of love one, ugh!)

My daughter-in-law let me know this morning that she thinks she miscarried again. This is their fourth miscarriage. She was at four weeks this time which is easier on the body than when the baby is farther along.

Blessings and Peace.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Sister. Prayers of comfort will go up.
    Hugs and peace. I love you.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Hello all,

I know it has been a long while since I’ve posted but I am in need of a reboot. I went to our old message board and was panicked to see no one had posted since December! So happy to see this group is still going strong. Hope you can all forgive me for stepping away. I have been slipping with habits lately pretty badly and had a breakup just last week so I’m feeling a bit lonely and lost and probably depressed if I’m being honest. So I’d like to get some healthier routines on board first, and then look at eating and exercise, so that’s what I’ll be checking in about. I have really missed you all and your support and I hope everyone is doing well. I’m excited and hopeful to get things back on track and I know I can do it!! Love you all!

Just for today:
    One house chore
    Start dishes and tidying
    5 minutes on to do list or project/goal
    Journal
    Bed at 9:30

@jeschepp ... I missed you dear one. I'm thankful you're here, but you've never left my heart. Many hugs
    and You can do this! We're here💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌹
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - I may join you on the plank challenge. My core strength isn't what it should be. Of course, I so often forget about the monthly challenges, haha!

We've decided that we're going to leave late tonight instead of packing the car and doing half the trip, staying at a hotel, and doing the rest of the drive tomorrow. I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited, so the money spent on the hotel is unlikely to result in sleep anyway!

So I'm going to do a little more meal prepping and laundry and stuff until it's time to go. I have books packed and crayons and colored pencils and coloring pages. Need to grab the Important Papers.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - I may join you on the plank challenge. My core strength isn't what it should be. Of course, I so often forget about the monthly challenges, haha!

We've decided that we're going to leave late tonight instead of packing the car and doing half the trip, staying at a hotel, and doing the rest of the drive tomorrow. I'm RIDICULOUSLY excited, so the money spent on the hotel is unlikely to result in sleep anyway!

So I'm going to do a little more meal prepping and laundry and stuff until it's time to go. I have books packed and crayons and colored pencils and coloring pages. Need to grab the Important Papers.

Have a wonderful, well deserved trip!! And yes, anyone can change the challenges!! I tend to do ones that I know help me, but we are all different. Main thing ... is we are working on devloping new habits! Enjoy your trip!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. 4 waters at work >:)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Connect with Mom - see what plan is for Fri :)
    6. Hourly stair breaks >:)

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Bed by 930
    3. Tea and one more water before bed
    4. Be kind

JFT Fri am
    1. Up by 730
    2. Smoothie
    3. Fish oil
    4. Pack lunch - soup
    5. Pack clothes for dinner
    6. Bank
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Things have been rough. I started a good old fashioned binge, but stopped. Remembered that it doesn’t make me feel better. That’s true, but my control is minimal. I logged what I did have to show me how unproductive it was. Unfortunately, I’m not sure I care.

Can you find something to distract you??? Or just get out of the house? Reason I am saying this, is because I've also struggled all day with just wanting to eat anything at all. I managed OK through the day, until tonite... when I got into the deluxe peanuts, then grabbed a handful of carmel popcorn we had bought from our grandson. One handful, and I know I have to stop. Because if I don't I know I will feel worse. At the time, like you, I just don't care. But I know later on, or tomorrow, I will care. So if you can, go and run a bubble bath. Or go outside for just a short walk -- like 15 minutes (thats what I did earlier), or get on here and read some success stories. You are stronger than you think .... you came on here. You are being accountable. So you do care.
    Hugs to you, and please write and vent all you want on here. Sometimes just writing what is causing the trigger might help. I hope your day goes better <3
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Keeping it simple:
    Starting weight: 168
    Current weight: 162.2
    Height: 5'8"
    Logged all food
    Drank 3-4 glasses of water
    Walking video--25"
    Outdoor walk--10"
    Practiced organ: 40"
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Not a great day for me yesterday. I was so fed up, tired and stressed between work, daughter’s illness and not having worked out (combo of daughter’s sickness and a dodgy hamstring) and I ate badly as a result. And of course it didn’t help! I’m up early again today and have now finished the planning that’s been hanging over me. Going to try a workout and see if my hamstring holds up. But I really need to fix this all or nothing mindset.

Good to see some faces returning on here - missed you @toaljasa and @jeschepp ! @clicketykeys - wishing you an amazing trip! Enjoy your break x

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning workout ❎ little one woke up early feeling ill and has a really high temperature. Stopped working out to go and be with her/sort childcare etc. Also v sore hamstring made this the right call
    - Finish lesson 4 on digital resilience ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Early to work - finish lessons 5 ✅and 6❎
    - See SLT re J email❎
    - See office staff re workshop invoice ✅
    - Print and trim for next week ✅
    - Put away laundry ✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ❎

Friday goals:
    - Up early - finish lesson 6 ✅
    - Morning workout
    - Water!
    - Meeting 11am re digital resilience lessons
    - Home lunchtime for car
    - Confirm play date arrangement
    - Leave on time: eyebrows/tanning
    - Take P to sleepover?
    - Early night

Nearly the weekend everyone! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 1 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

My husband comes home today after a month away, I need to resist the temptation to celebrate with too much wine. Fizz first then more wine with dinner and something with the coffee would not be a good move!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Make and stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise DVD (first thing) :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral: not my dinner, wolfed that in 5 minutes as was late for a meeting! But the others yes
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Don't think this came up
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- 1h of breaks within day (30/15/15) :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Gratitude journal
    - Quality time with boyfriend, not just TV
    - Make a plan for weekend

Weekly calorie balance: 650 in green (this will get eaten today, Om)

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 28th February

Walk with a friend, get out into the countryside LOVELY 1 HOUR WALK, LOTS OF SNOWDROPS, NO LAMBS YET
    Eat sensibly OKAY
    Pay bills DONE
    Plant seeds DONE

Also had a lovely visit with my new grandson in the evening.

JFT 1st March (so glad it's March, spring is getting closer!)

Eat sensibly, stop when full
    Do housework today so weekend is free
    Visit parents

@maryrobinson40 , I could have written part of your post yesterday. I so understand that sort of uneasy feeling, and you don't know why.....then ...the phone call. Oh right, things aren't going as well as I had thought! I'm very worried about my son D, but I know all I can do is talk with him and hope that he makes the right choices. He has several decisions to make all tied in with each other, and he doesn't find it easy. If it was down to me I'd have decisions made, and put into action :) but I will just have to be patient and try to not worry too much.

Really like the March challenge, will be a good one for me.

Happy Friday everyone :)

• 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »

Went to my PT session last night and felt so much better after. Stayed under my calorie goal yesterday too.
    Calming down again now and feeling much better about everything.

JFT - Thursday
    Log all foods and stay under calorie goal
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    Rememer why you are doing this :)

JFT - Friday
    Log all foods and stay under calorie goal
    PT session tonight - give it your best!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    yc8nhayytwr5.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    fvn25irgquug.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    fbkuh0ug7dgz.jpg
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food👎I fell into the late night snacking trap
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Barre class👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Healthy post dinner snack
    4. Spin class
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday was ok, but for some reason I felt weaker during my workout and had to deload a little. Also I was just so hungry!!!! I went about 200 over, so still within maintenance but I'm not that happy about it because we're going to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday and I planned on having extra calories then too. Oh well, it is a new day....

Yesterday 2/28:

1. Stay within calorie goal😞
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Make mechanic appointment😁

JFT 3/1:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Take tools out of my car