JFT - Tuesday Feb 5 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I was so lazy yesterday, I didn’t accomplish anything really all day. I am so bored! I really need to find a project that takes some time. I did walk in the living room for 3 miles last night. It was the most active I was all day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    Maryrobinson40 - you are so positive and encouraging to everyone of us. I just love you.

Toaljasa- what an insightful way to look at your body. I never thought of it that way before. It made me pause to think.
    Wow - your message to Alexhayg spoke loudly to me. Thank you!

Bex953172 - hope you’re feeling better before you start tidying and exercising.

Clicketykeys- Goodreads that you mention is that the app? I started that once and fell so far behind in it.

Aubyshortcake - you’ve come to the right place for accountability and support.
    I joined last April and give this group lots of credit for 25lbs gone.

Alexhayg- I am struggling too. Since Boxing Day. We can do this!

Elbee1 - you are doing well.

Littleblackskirt - i find the same thing with routine. I think that is my problem right now, I don’t have a routine at all. Everyday is like a weekend.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    January Goals / Results:
    • Frenzy on the Fox 5K 7 p.m. 1/11/19 ~ no time goal since I'm walking w/ good friend = We had great time & another former colleague/friend joined us. According to MapMyWalk, finished in 54:19 ave. pace 18:02 ~ slow for me but Fox River Trail was crowded & I was with friends. :smiley:
    • Treadmill 3-5x per week / walk dog if road conditions permit / snowshoe/walk in workplace mindfulness hikes = 1 mindful hike, 1 snowshoe hike (so fun!), treadmill 10X during month. I'm mixing up workouts much more due to weather & I don't really like the treadmill. 34.85 miles total. :smiley:
    • X-train 1-3x per week: home version of weights & circuit training, Sweaty Betty or other videos, WiiFit, yoga = weights/circuit-training 4X, Sweaty Betty 2X, shoveled snow 2 days :smiley:
    • 5 somethings every bathroom trip = :D when I remember
    • Prelog food most days while being flexible to changes / limit snacking after supper / close MFP food diary every day except: mom's and hubby's birthdays = Have been prelogging most days, always subject to change. :D Evening snacking has been an issue :( due to dreary, crappy winter weather & emotions. Closed food diary every day except 1/30 when workplace closed due to extreme cold & dangerous wind chills (polar vortex >:) ).
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (24/31) & meet protein/fiber goals = Forgot to review MFP monthly report at month-end... most days red :s , not by much many times. Fiber low(ish) too many days. :s Protein good all month. :)
    • Take measurements Th 1/31 & remember to log on MFP = Done... measurements mainly holding steady. Proof that scale number is not the be all & end all. :D
    • Scale goal (since I have holiday weight I'd like to lose) 156# = 159.5 :p Right after several days of hubby's bday cake.

February Goals:
    • Seroogy's Valentine 5K 8 a.m. 2/9/19 goal 45:00 ~ winter road conditions may impact & plan to wear layers ~ forecast overnight low -4F (-20C) and high temp 13F (-10C)
    • Treadmill 3-5x per week / walk dog if roads conditions ever improve / snowshoe/walk in weekly workplace hikes
    • X-train 1-3x per week: weights & circuit-training, Sweaty Betty or other videos, WiiFit, yoga, other
    • 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    • Prelog food most days / remain flexible to changes / limit after-supper snacking / close MFP food diary every day
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero > 75% of days (21/28) & meet fiber/protein goals
    • Take measurements Th 2/28 & remember to log on MFP
    • Scale goal 156#

Today ~ Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Feb 4 - Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    Write in Journal

I was so lazy yesterday, I didn’t accomplish anything really all day. I am so bored! I really need to find a project that takes some time. I did walk in the living room for 3 miles last night. It was the most active I was all day!

You are sure putting your word for the year in practice. Even though you are bored you are still determined to knock out your goals. And even though you are confined to a relatively small place, you were determined to walk for 3 miles!!! That is amazingly marvelous! Wow! While you are waiting for that fabulous job...here are some suggestions to take up some time...and you are probably doing/have done most of them, but these are just off the top of me old noggin'!

Do you have free weights? (3-10lo ones?)

Peace and joy!

Boredom Busters! (one day's worth anyhow!)

Have you tidied the drawers in your home? I read the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up"...from Marie Kondo. It was good, and I did purge but I didn't follow her idea of how to fold clothing, towels, etc. Until I watched one of her shows. Wow, I couldn't believe how much room her technique gave us. And there is a sense of peace and joy in seeing my underwear and sweater and scarves, etc. drawers all neat and tidy. Even my husband has thanked me...twice!...for organizing his undie and t-shirt drawers...

What about meal plans? I am finding recipes, saving them to my Evernote, along with the link. I also add the nutritional values so I don't have to click the link to look. I am now getting a list from which to plan my meals from. A month-long plan doesn't work for me, but if I can look at 15 or so meal ideas for the week, it seems to help.

Go on Craig's list or Facebook market page or freecycle and look for craft supplies...the only criteria being they have to be 100% free!! Normally you wouldn't have time to look a couple of times a day (so you can get it before someone else)...but right now you do! So go for it!

Tackle chores that are often overlooked: clean your windows and blinds, vacuum window treatments, clean the top of the washer as well as the inside of the lid, clean the dishwasher where the door meets the washer itself. Clean the top of the fridge and your bathroom vanity lights. Clean the doors and doorframes. Clean your front and back doors. Clean out your make up drawer; Clean from under the sinks Clean!!!

Listen to an hour-long podcast each day...if you are a Christian find one that is going through a book of the Bible; otherwise, there are loads of them out there to work on your mind, spirit, emotions.If

Read a book! If you have a Kindle app you can download lots of freebies.

Work on a budget, if you haven't got one. No matter what a person's income is, every dollar needs to be assigned a job.

Wow, now I have a conviction to go tackle some of the overlooked cleaning jobs!
    We are all waiting and anticipating your next job!!!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile 🙂
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂

2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    Write in Journal

You are sure putting your word for the year in practice. Even though you are bored you are still determined to knock out your goals. And even though you are confined to a relatively small place, you were determined to walk for 3 miles!!! That is amazingly marvelous! Wow! While you are waiting for that fabulous job...here are some suggestions to take up some time...and you are probably doing/have done most of them, but these are just off the top of me old noggin'!

Peace and joy!

Have you tidied the drawers in your home? I read the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up"...from Marie Kondo. It was good, and I did purge but I didn't follow her idea of how to fold clothing, towels, etc. Until I watched one of her shows. Wow, I couldn't believe how much room her technique gave us. And there is a sense of peace and joy in seeing my underwear and sweater and scarves, etc. drawers all neat and tidy. Even my husband has thanked me...twice!...for organizing his undie and t-shirt drawers...

What about meal plans? I am finding recipes, saving them to my Evernote, along with the link. I also add the nutritional values so I don't have to click the link to look. I am now getting a list from which to plan my meals from. A month-long plan doesn't work for me, but if I can look at 15 or so meal ideas for the week, it seems to help.

Go on Craig's list or Facebook market page or freecycle and look for craft supplies...the only criteria being they have to be 100% free!! Normally you wouldn't have time to look a couple of times a day (so you can get it before someone else)...but right now you do! So go for it!

Tackle chores that are often overlooked: clean your windows and blinds, vacuum window treatments, clean the top of the washer as well as the inside of the lid, clean the dishwasher where the door meets the washer itself. Clean the top of the fridge and your bathroom vanity lights. Clean the doors and doorframes. Clean your front and back doors. Clean out your make up drawer; Clean from under the sinks Clean!!!

Listen to an hour-long podcast each day...if you are a Christian find one that is going through a book of the Bible; otherwise, there are loads of them out there to work on your mind, spirit, emotions.If

Work on a budget, if you haven't got one. No matter what a person's income is, every dollar needs to be assigned a job.

Wow! Thanks for putting so much thought into my issue. I truly appreciate it.

I hadn’t looked for craft supplies on the groups, but I have been selling some.

You talk about Marie Kondo, I am generally a pretty tidy person but my eldest isn’t and she has been talking about Marie Kondo and working on her methods for a few weeks now. So that I could converse intelligently with her I watched the series on Netflix. It did kick me in the butt a bit and I have done my bathroom, craftroom and drawers and closet. I do have her book I could read though.

Right now I’m working on a couple little projects and then I’m going to do a recipe binder for myself, I have a few recipes in a few cookbooks I always struggle to find when I want them. So I am going to do that this week as I really would like to start meal planning and I think that would help me.

Again, thank you so much it’s truly appreciated.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Drink 6 waters :)
    3. Finish laundry to completion - put it away! >:)
    4. Empty dishwasher >:)
    5. Be kind :)
    6. Hot tub to relax :)
    7. Pay cable bill >:) Bill pay system was down nationwide - wish that meant my bill was down too :D

JFT Tuesday AM
    1. Up by 7 >:) slept like crap, took an extra hour
    2. Smoothie for breakfast >:) skipped this even though I thought about it, grabbed a protein bar instead but didnt eat that either - ended up getting a boston market bowl for lunch since it meant a free rotisserie chicken, so then I also went to the grocery store thats going out of business so I could get soup fixins to make my Aunt dinner for when she gets home from surgery, but I also bought whoopie pies and berry granola that I DO NOT need. Mostly all because I didnt eat my smoothie!
    3. Fish Oil and Elderberry >:) I never remember these unless I drink my smoothie.

Well a tough start - but its a start! Still very distracted with deciding on my future/job choices. So again...

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 6 waters
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Empty Dishwasher
    5. Put away clothes
    6. Shred Crockpot chicken, portion, package and store
    7. Cook soup for Aunt
    8. Pay cable bill
    9. Tea before bed

JFT Wednesday AM
    1. SMOOTHIE
    2. Fish Oil and elderberry
    3. Pack soup for Aunt
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile 🙂
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂

2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    Write in Journal

Peace and joy!

You talk about Marie Kondo, I am generally a pretty tidy person but my eldest isn’t and she has been talking about Marie Kondo and working on her methods for a few weeks now. So that I could converse intelligently with her I watched the series on Netflix. It did kick me in the butt a bit and I have done my bathroom, craftroom and drawers and closet. I do have her book I could read though.

Right now I’m working on a couple little projects and then I’m going to do a recipe binder for myself, I have a few recipes in a few cookbooks I always struggle to find when I want them. So I am going to do that this week as I really would like to start meal planning and I think that would help me.

You kig
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile 🙂
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂

2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    Write in Journal

Peace and joy!

You might also enjoy this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Changing-Magic-Not-Giving-bestselling/dp/1784298468

It's essentially taking the principles of Marie Kondo - only keeping what sparks joy or is useful - and applying it to your whole life. I found it very useful :smile:

In terms of things to do, could you tackle both the boredom and the budget issue by selling stuff on eBay/ Amazon? This is something I've always meant to do, but I've always found that the faff/ time of doing it has outweighed the monetary reward (I only have small value stuff to sell). But if I had lots of time on my hands I totally would!

Also, sign up for surveys! You can make quite a bit from surveys. I'm not sure where you would do that in Canada - I know the UK ones - but I'm sure that if you Google it you'll find places! Surveys can be quite interesting too (I used to write them for a job)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I didn’t manage to get on here this morning to post goals and update yesterday. Not sure where the morning went but anyway, last night didn’t end well as I got into some party leftovers - oops! But reset and had a great day today. Aiming to keep it up for the rest of the week. No major obstacles so fingers crossed!

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to school - remember to pack note for N, GaG certificate ✅
    - Book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - Amazon shop ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Assign assembly roles ❎
    - Prep for IM meeting❎
    - Book Q room for Wednesday ✅
    - Early night❎

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to school do IM prep ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Run home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Buy present for cat’s first birthday (yes really, the kids insisted!) ✅
    - Cash for piano teacher ✅
    - Girls’ hair wash and wrap present ✅
    - 1 evening snack only ✅
    - Early night - about to do!

Congrats to everyone posting losses and thanks for the insight and wisdom and support I see on here daily. Promise to catch up tomorrow xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge :)
    Modified February night challenge :)

Scales heading in the right direction and I'm now back to the top of my maintenance range. I'm aiming for a weight at or below the middle of maintenance to give me a cushion for when I want to indulge. Pleased that I stopped then reversed the gain early and think this thread helped me to think and be accountable. I've not managed maintenance well in the past. Previously, I would have probably gone on gaining until I had a wake up call when clothes became too tight to get into!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge :)
    Modified February night challenge :)

Scales heading in the right direction and I'm now back to the top of my maintenance range. I'm aiming for a weight at or below the middle of maintenance to give me a cushion for when I want to indulge. Pleased that I stopped then reversed the gain early and think this thread helped me to think and be accountable. I've not managed maintenance well in the past. Previously, I would have probably gone on gaining until I had a wake up call when clothes became too tight to get into!

You know, ive always said it must be much harder to maintain than to actually lose weight!
    You have to have much more determination to not say "Oh f**k it, im at goal weight, whats the harm?!"

Its very good you took control immediately. Sounds like youve well and truly understood that its a life long thing and not just to achieve goal!
    Liking your idea about losing a bit extra to make room for indulgences, just in the way we scrimp on the good stuff and bank calories to have a treat!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I hate the world. Everything sucks.

Oh dear, that does not sound good. Sending you hugs
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Oh no! This sounds awful, I hope you are ok.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options

Hugs xxx
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

I don't have the right words, but if i could stop by with hugs and ice cream I would be doing that right now. So sorry for what you are going thru.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

I am so sorry you are struggling right now. I hope that the sun will come out in your life very soon.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options

Oh no! Sending you massive hugs!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... I'm having my second biopsy Wednesday evening at 6:00 p.m.
    I have spoken to my family that I will not be "driving Mrs. Daisy" for the rest of the week.
    I'm totally going to take care of myself. I have canned soup so that I won't be overeating
    and bottled water by my bed, so I can really take it easy and heal.

Mammogram was last week and breasts are still tender . All in All, I welcome these
    tests because my body is worth all the efforts I can put in to have a life of quality.
    I will be on meds so I'm not sure if my log in streak will continue... Lol…. But I will try.
    I'm Thankful, and Optimistic🙌🙏
    Love all of you.