ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3 February

Accurate logging :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    January water challenge :/ not sure as I'm so poor at logging water
    Fitbit excercise goals :)

Need to do some housework today - not my idea of fun! ;) I did a bit, kitchen was clean and tidy, then I had dinner!

Where did the weekend go? It can't really be Monday tomorrow?

I weigh each day and use Happyscale to track trends but Monday is my accountability day, I know I will weigh more than I did at the beginning of the year and that I will be above my maintenance range but at least the trend is now going in the right direction now 😊

I'm keeping with the January water challenge, I still struggle with it. Thankfully l'm don't usually desire nighttime snacks so the February challenge one won't be a hard one for me.

Wishing you all well.

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson!!! That is so exciting!!! And, it's your first! Yay! Hoping his breathing will be normal, soon.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    "DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]

A big me, too, on this!!

Wishing us both well on this. And, yeah, NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Also, "consistency"!
    Exercising once every week or two is better than nothing, but why do I put my body through that much torture. I'm sure my body would adjust if I do it regularly... but waiting too long inbetween is like starting all over, again.
    1) can't do as much -- cause beginning all over, again.
    2) the soreness... that's just crazy, Elbee1!

@kroach77 I'm scheduling Zumba for 3 tiimes a week. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday... last week, I only did Sunday. I really want to do this, too.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    Hey dveryone, feeling a bit better, not ate the best the last few days, but im hoping to sort that tomorrow.

My main focus this week, start exercising again. I really need to start, diet alone is not getting me the results i want!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    asi2monpld27.png

This is from the GEM fb page and I thought of our little group :smile: (note: there is a difference from analyzing where you are weak and figuring out how to overcome said weakness and condemning yourself for stumbling. Peace and joy.)

What you SAY to yourself matters 🙌

Imagine you had a choice of roommates. Would you want to live with someone who constantly criticized you and noticed everything you did WRONG or someone who always was kind to you, and celebrated every GOOD thing you did, no matter how small?

You are the ONLY one who lives in your mind 24/7. What does your internal dialogue look like?

And ask yourself...has being harsh and self-critical ever actually benefited you? 🤔

If it hasn't, maybe some change is in order. Maybe instead of beating yourself up, you should cheer yourself on. Be your own encourager, and surround yourself with others who do the same! 💕

Right On! 👏👏👏👏💥BOOM BABY💥
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @cory17 and @ZizzyBumble thank you for your kindness ❤️❤️❤️

@maryrobinson40 keep hanging in there.,we are on our way to better !😉xx

You are so right we are... Let's make a pact to Rise and Shine Monday morning and get in at least 10 "YES'S"
    Out of bed, make the bed, get fresh and dressed, drink one of our waters, get some kind of exercise, drink
    another water, encourage someone else along the way, and make it an enjoyable, doable week.
    Every step matters! Every step is a big step! Every step is a move of success!!!
    Love you friend💠
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kroach77! I too, seem to find every reason to not exercise.
    Lost a pound this week!
    Over my goal by 100 calories today.
    25 minute walk ( no longer 0 degrees outside)\
    4 cups water.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey dveryone, feeling a bit better, not ate the best the last few days, but im hoping to sort that tomorrow.

My main focus this week, start exercising again. I really need to start, diet alone is not getting me the results i want!

Love you Sister girl!!! I'm with you and you know this!!! Let's kick butt this week Sis!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT(MONDAY)
    UP AT 5 NO EXCUSES
    DRINK one REPLACE one
    Read/ Pray/ReleaseRelease
    Take Meds and drink
    Exercise
    Drink
    Read!!!
    Do Some Paper work/mail
    Take A Break
    Noon snack and drink
    Exercises for my knee
    Read!!!!
    REMINDER: CALL AND RECHECK APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE🌟
    Take a nap
    Eat dinner early
    Conference Call at 7:30 p.m.
    Read at 9 and log by 10
    Lights out by 11:30

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Reminder January Challenge -- red cup challenge ... get something out (for me that is a red cup) to remind us to drink 8+ glasses of water a day

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE ---- nitetime snacking! Eat just ONE PLANNED snack, then stop! Brush your teeth to remind you to stop eating.

I really need this challenge again! Thank you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Sunday 3 February

Accurate logging :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    January water challenge :/ not sure as I'm so poor at logging water
    Fitbit excercise goals :)

Need to do some housework today - not my idea of fun! ;) I did a bit, kitchen was clean and tidy, then I had dinner!

Where did the weekend go? It can't really be Monday tomorrow?

I weigh each day and use Happyscale to track trends but Monday is my accountability day, I know I will weigh more than I did at the beginning of the year and that I will be above my maintenance range but at least the trend is now going in the right direction now 😊

I'm keeping with the January water challenge, I still struggle with it. Thankfully l'm don't usually desire nighttime snacks so the February challenge one won't be a hard one for me.

Wishing you all well.

I keep most of the challenges going from month to month and add them to my goals each day. There have been a couple that I haven’t participated in but mostly I love them!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @cory17 and @ZizzyBumble thank you for your kindness ❤️❤️❤️

@maryrobinson40 keep hanging in there.,we are on our way to better !😉xx

You are so right we are... Let's make a pact to Rise and Shine Monday morning and get in at least 10 "YES'S"
    Out of bed, make the bed, get fresh and dressed, drink one of our waters, get some kind of exercise, drink
    another water, encourage someone else along the way, and make it an enjoyable, doable week.
    Every step matters! Every step is a big step! Every step is a move of success!!!
    Love you friend💠

Love it!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - congrats on your new grandson and hope he is improving

@snowflake1968 - how did the birthday celebrations go? My little one had a great weekend, really pleased it all went to plan.

@mytime6630 - thanks for the new challenge! I definitely have to work on this. In fact I’m going to aim for every day to be strictly three meals, three snacks, with just one after dinner. Sounds like a lot but my breakfast and lunch are typically light as I prefer to eat little but often to keep me going through the school day. So hopefully this goal will keep me to my 2019 ‘balance’ objective.

Had a good day yesterday, although I didn’t get in any exercise as wanted to focus on my birthday girl. Normal week this week so aiming to get back into the swing of workouts.

Sunday goals
    - up early for gift giving ✅
    - Make pancakes for the kids ✅
    - Put away laundry/general tidy ✅
    - Out for lunch with kids and finish homework ✅
    - Parents over in the afternoon for tea and cake ✅
    - Hydrate! Stay within calorie goal. ✅
    - Read through assembly script - assign a few roles ❎
    - Early night✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Early to school - remember to pack note for N, GaG certificate
    - Book exercise classes for the week
    - Amazon shop
    - Water!
    - Assign assembly roles
    - Prep for IM meeting
    - Book Q room for Wednesday
    - Early night

Have a great start to the week everyone! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @faebert - it went well a little rushed. We are in the middle of a snowstorm so the girls followed each other on the highway back to the city. They loved their gifts. The Grands and I started gifts today but it took longer than I expected so we will finish them and give them next week.

I’m happy your little one had a good party. I miss the little girl parties :)
  • Elbee1
    Options

2/3/19 Sunday
    Weigh: 159.2 lbs
    Red cup challenge - :) Drank at least 4 today.
    Stay in the Green - this will be tough--eating all 3 meals out. Don't know what's being served at symposium and then there's Superbowl Party at Cousin's/friend's house. aarrgghh. :) I done pretty good...
    Would like to get cardio in, but don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it in if DS & his wife come visit between the symposium & the Superbowl. aarrgghh. :) Did Zumba DVD. Just trying to learn the steps, but was so sore from yesterday... couldn't do it with energy. And, only did the learn the steps DVD.
    In bed by midnight --one of these days I'm gonna surprise y'all! :) Going right now. 11:30pm.!!!
    Print & post notes in kitchen re: eating--Physical vs. Emotional :( nope

JFT 2/4/19 Monday
    *Weigh:
    *Stay in the green
    *January's red cup challenge
    *In bed by midnight
    -Maybe back exercises, push-ups & triceps extensions -- I may need to have a rest day due to my body needing it... we'll see.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    How are you going to make it a good Monday, JFT?????
    pbf5yrc0d584.png
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25

Not exactly going in the right direction, but it's also not surprising, just ate way too much this week! I need to be much more careful not to end up in a calorie surplus early on in the week. I often plan to make up for it at the weekend with exercise, but then find that the exercise I do makes me hungrier and I end up eating most of that back as well! So really, I should aim to be in the green, or at least in maintenance, every day - no planning to make up for it later.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 4 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January water challenge
    February evening challenge

As I'm not an evening snacker, I've modified the challenge to teeth and facial routine as this is an area I could improve on
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite