JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 your craft work is very clever. I'm sure the presents will be much appreciated as they are individual and made with love.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 1 February

Log accurately :)
    Eat below maintenance :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Continue water challenge :s Got too engrossed in work to make the effort to get up and drink. Did fill my water bottle then left it in the kitchen. If I don't drink, I don't need to get up so I don't go into the kitchen!
    Fitbit excercise goals :/ had too much work to do, it was snowing and I don't like the elliptical much. How many more lame excuses are there? Be honest and admit to being lazy!
    February work plan :) Did well on that one and got some of the work done as well. That was my "Methodical" tick!

Not the best of starts to the month!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    3rck2h9vdcft.jpeg

Love it!!! Great job. Is that paper or vinyl or???

Thank you, the mountains are paper, the words are vinyl.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I have the girls birthday gifts almost done. Kaitlyn’s is done I just need to make her card today. Lauryn’s I haven’t decided if I should put a quote on it or not. If I do, it has to be a smaller quote.q8ujxdb48dp6.jpeg

LOVE the book-quilt!!! (the other is really good too .... but incase you missed it .... I have been a bookaholic from the cradle ... )

Ha ha I caught that about you being a bookaholic. So is my daughter. This is actually a wall hanging not a quilt, I decided to put a quote on it too.
    It says “A book is a dream you hold in your hand”

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Another poop day over here, i think ive done okayish calorie wise but you know when you just feel poop anyway.
    I thjnk im coming down with something
    X

Hope you start feeling like yourself again soon!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I just came on for a minute to thank @AJB1014 for the resume and cover letter help. I redid mine completely and have applied for the job I really want.

I’ve even posted on FB for all my praying friends to send one up and my non- praying friends to send good vibes. This posting doesn’t close until the 7th, but I wanted to get it submitted,

Ok deep breaths for the next week with prayers and positive thoughts!

Fingers, toes, and all extremities crossed for good news soon! Prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way!!! I'm so happy I could help. I'm not happy either of us are on the hunt, but I'm grateful we can lean on each other thru all of it. Keep us posted!!!

Also, that is so awesome that karma is coming around for you in the best way - you get what you give! I want to hug those friends of yours!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    So, I GOT AN OFFER! For the inside sales I was most interested in!

That is certainly something you should be proud of! Good for you. As you know and have experienced your situation can be very emotional. Continue to stay strong, practice discipline (because that is what you are doing!) and by all means, keep us posted. Thanks for sharing the good news. It's wonderful to be needed :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    And I made the Winner's Circle in my Ultimate Accountability Challenge - only 2 pass days used in January.

I MAY have to use my first (planned since NOVEMBER) February Pass on Feb 1 ... going straight from the office to a restaurant to a live community theater musical (Beauty and the Beast). I can probably get the requisite 20 minutes exercise in (as I now do 10 minutes every morning) but not quite sure how the eating is going to pan out .... restaurant dinners on workdays are harder to work around while still eating SOMETHING during the day so you aren't ready to just eat the table when you arrive ..... but you can't fit extra exercise calorie burns in earlier in the day either.

Stay tuned.

We are now out of January, and on to a new month.

DIdn't have to use one of my 3 Intentional Passes on Day 1!!! (Discipline and Commitment really DOES lead from Goal to Accomplishment!)

===============
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 10 minutes HIIT on my bike before work, plus 17 minutes of jogging on my mini-trampoline / exergame after the theatre outing to make up the rest of the needed minutes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes - DESPITE dinner (and dessert) after a workday, I managed to stay In the Green thanks to the 120 calories burned before work .... could have answered "yes" even without the extra 58 calories of the exergame if i hadn't needed to put in the time!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes - including the 330 calorie ice cream cake for dessert.

I have been looking forward to this dinner + theatre night since NOVEMBER. Would have been willing to take an intentional pass on Day 1if I had to, because working around restaurant calories on a workday (when you can't get extra exercise calories "into the bank" ahead of time) is one of the more challenging combinations of circumstance. But I didn't need to. YAY!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @AJB1014 congratulations on the job offer, have a good weekend while you think about options and good luck with the salary negotiations

@snowflake1968 fingers and toes crossed for you in your job search. I hope you get that dream job

@BMc9 Great start to your month

@Bex953172 hope you are feeling better today

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 2nd February

Log accurately
    Stay below maintenance
    5 fruit and veg
    January water goal
    Fitbit excercise goal

Walk through the snow to get to the shops for fruit, veg and milk. I did not go yesterday and had to be creative to make a healthy meal with what was left in the fridge!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,103 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble thanks, but i feel worse today, full blown cold, blocked nose, headache, sore chest, cough and achy.

Although, last night i went to sleep at 10, up at 1 to let the dog out, back to sleep, up at 7 with Saskia for breakfast and i just went back to bed and stuck the telly on for her and set up the sofa with pillow and blanket for her
    Then slept for another 2 hours.

So i feel well rested but rotten lol!

My only goal today is to drink plenty!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @Elbee1 Did you print out copies to post all over?

I printed & posted 1 in my car & 1 on my computer at work. I still need 1 on fridge. & entrance to kitchen.

Thank you!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/2/19
    Write checks for parents caregivers & get ready to mail
    Go to post office
    Plan food for day
    Print & Post notes in kitchen re: eating
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Declutter/organize/clean some.
    Stay in the green
    Red cup challenge- continuing it in February.
    Back exercises, push-ups & triceps dips.
    In bed by midnight.
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JFT Goals Recap:
    - 👌🏾Log all the food I eat
    - 👍🏾Spend 30 minutes on the elliptical (Did my NTC) exercise
    - 👍🏾Report results/progress at the end of the day

JFT 2/2 Goals:
    - Log all the food I eat
    - Do some cardio
    - Report results/progress at the end of the day

Wishing everyone success today.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Coffee! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Call CVS to order refill. Update Goodreads.
    3. Class 1-2: Update WLGs. Conferences.
    4. Planning: A - GET PHONE FROM CAR. Duo. Therapy exercises. Work on Week 6 plans. B - Call Cook about subbing. Download student data. C - Draft essay. File extra papers. D - Write blog post. Organize storyboard for project.
    5. Class 4: Mythology. Grammar: Pronouns. Get laptops; research on city-states. Gods battle. PEP RALLY - Take grading! Grade homeworks AND Socratic discussions.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Put the rest of the laundry away.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Refill prescription Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Grocery list.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Update Goodreads. Used bookstore? Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 187.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others?
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@AJB1014 - Yay! So glad for you. I hope whichever new job you take, it's one that you enjoy and you have good coworkers.
    @Snowflake1968 - Fingers crossed for you :)
    @Bex953172 - Sorry you're under the weather. Feel better soon!

Feeling kind of frustrated with myself this morning. Sometimes it's hard to do the things I know I should. I just can't seem to get myself to DO them, even when it wouldn't be difficult.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Goals for February 1st:

-Go for a run, at least 2.5 miles ✨
    -Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! Reset the system ✨
    -Remember doctors appointment ✨
    -Journal, get thoughts out of my head ✨
    -Make a meal plan for the week, stick to the days plans ✨
    -Go to bed when tired instead of staying up with bf ✨

Goals for February 2nd:

-Hydrate as much as possible
    -Rest hip for a run tomorrow
    -Make a grocery list for next week
    -Go to bed when tired, maybe I'll actually be able to fall asleep within the hour too 🤷‍♀️
    -Be flexible, but stay within meal plans if possible
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday Feb 1st Determined
    2L of water - 🤔 I don’t think I did. I lost count
    Calories in Green - 😈
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break -🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😕

JFT - Saturday Feb 2nd Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I had a good day yesterday and got the girls presents and cards completed. I just need to wrap them today before the Grands arrive.

When I posted on fb that I was job hunting a lady I used to work with told me about positions with her. It is for the City Police working as a clerk. It is shift work though and will include nights and weekends. I’ll apply because I feel I should, but I really don’t like the thoughts of doing shift work again.

We are keeping the Grands tonight. I hope they sleep well, that is always my issue with keeping them. Bedtime!