JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    BMCC9 - I watched the two videos last night. I think I need to watch the discipline one daily.

AJB1014 - woohoo on the offer, I hope that they come through with the wage for you. I’ve often thought about a second part time job, but I just don’t have energy or time for it. Truthfully, hubby likes me being around too and I feel guilty being away.

Toaljasa - great post about being more positive with ourselves. I have been trying to do that for a while now.

Maryrobinson40- good point about cheating. We only lose (or in this case gain) in the end.

Bex953172 - I hope you get better fast. There is a bad strain going around this year for sure.

Hope everyone is staying warm, we just started the cold here and it’s expected to last for a week.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Thanks for the videos. The second one was very encouraging and served as a good review---self-discipline is my word for the year. The video had a quote I posted last year...worth posting again, and posting on my fridge. It's all up to me and what I am going to choose. Thanks again.
    zkespdqrck05.png

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Hope you are well, soon!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    No alarm this morning (being Saturday)
    weighed in first thing but didn't need to get of driveway by 7:30 (being Saturday)

Did the dishes
    Did the necessary shopping (groceries)
    DID the "morning" 10 minute HIIT (but later in the day)
    Have pre-logged all food for the day, and am In The Green (even before the upcoming exergame session and second HIIT session after supper)

Glad to hear that several of you have been inspired by the videos. I was.

Books and my exergame are my "instant gratification monkey activities" .... cruzing MFP can sometimes be too ... have to be quite strict with myself about "get on-log-get out" on workday mornings.

I DO need to work on applying the lessons in the second video to French Toastmasters speech preparation (NOW) and (before very many more weeks have past - maybe starting in April with the New Fiscal Year) setting and keeping to a study schedule to prep for re-qualifying for my French-Second-Language requirements at work.

Being able to get the short-time / big burn HIIT sessions in as my primary exercise strategy will (hopefully) help make it easier to set aside the exergame for a while, or else limit it to "reward status".
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/2/19
    Weighed: :) 159.2 lbs Oy.
    Write checks for parents caregivers & get ready to mail :)
    Go to post office :)
    Plan food for day :)
    Print & Post notes in kitchen re: eating :(
    Laundry :) 1 load into washer, hung the hang-dry items & put the rest in the dryer.
    Dishes :) Unloaded the dishwasher, Did 3 sinkfuls... but there's still more...
    Declutter/organize/clean some. :(
    Stay in the green :) Yay! 1st time in a while. Now, if I can stay disciplined and consistent.
    Red cup challenge- continuing it in February. :) 7 glasses!!!!!!!! Haven't done that in months, maybe a year! Usually it's a struggle to get 4 & I haven't been achieving that lately -- until today.
    Back exercises, push-ups & triceps dips. :) Yay!! 1st time in about a month. Did back exercises including planks & crunches, Did 10 reg. floor push-ups (poorly), 10 bent-knee push-ups (poorly), 40 (4 sets of 10) wall push-ups (very close to the wall), 30 Triceps dips (3 sets of 10).
    In bed by midnight. :(

JFT 2/3/19 Sunday
    Weigh:
    Red cup challenge
    Stay in the Green - this will be tough--eating all 3 meals out. Don't know what's being served at symposium and then there's Superbowl Party at Cousin's/friend's house. aarrgghh.
    Would like to get cardio in, but don't know if I'll be able to squeeze it in if DS & his wife come visit between the symposium & the Superbowl. aarrgghh.
    In bed by midnight --one of these days I'm gonna surprise y'all!
    Print & post notes in kitchen re: eating--Physical vs. Emotional
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3 February

Accurate logging
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    January water challenge
    Fitbit excercise goals

Need to do some housework today - not my idea of fun!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, had my little one’s birthday party yesterday so too busy to get on here. Unfortunately I ate as if it were my birthday too - plus no time to exercise this weekend so feeling a bit annoyed with myself but I know I can get back on track next week when things are back to normal. Actually feeling a bit queasy this morning from the indulgence and am going to just focus on the kids so no punishment workouts to atone for it! Going to aim to hydrate and eat light but nutritiously to feel better.

Sunday goals
    - up early for gift giving ✅
    - Make pancakes for the kids ✅
    - Put away laundry/general tidy
    - Out for lunch with kids and finish homework
    - Parents over in the afternoon for tea and cake
    - Hydrate! Stay within calorie goal.
    - Read through assembly script - assign a few roles
    - Early night

Have a good end to the weekend all x
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I haven't done well with my goals, it's been a very unusual weekend. I've been in the red, but still below maintenance calories, so could be worse.

So JFT

I will visit my brand new grandson in hospital!

And even though eating is a bit erratic right now, I will be mindful of my choices. Do not ruin what I've achieved so far.

Congratulations on your new grandson! <3
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duo. Grocery list.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Update Goodreads. Used bookstore? Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries? Thrift store! Take donations! Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.

Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH THE ESSAY. Draft discussion post 5. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. 2-mile (8 lap) run at the park. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Finish Week 5 lesson plans. Submit the essay (that will take most of the day, honestly).
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Portion saag and beef stew. Try out BodyPump at home!
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50. Monday: Finish essay conferences and enter grades during planning. Offer hugs as students enter/leave. Review Friday check-in.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others?
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

I feel like I accomplished so little yesterday. It was like walking through molasses. And today is a new day - but that means I've got a crapton of stuff that now NEEDS to get done. Nothing for it but to do it, I suppose.

Weight is up 4 pounds from my low a couple days ago. Bummed, but not worried. If I don't see a drop tomorrow, THEN I'll be worried!
  • Snowflake1968
    edited February 2019
    Options
    JFT - Saturday Feb 2nd Determined
    2L of water - 😕only 1 it’s too cold for water
    Calories in Green - 😈 but only over by 1 something at least
    Walk 1 Mile - 😈
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂 even though I had a couple angry faces I was more conscious about it and trying yesterday

JFT - Sunday Feb 3 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today is the girls birthday dinner and I have the Grands here so I’m just going to worry about Maintenance today.

Our neighbors water is frozen, what a mess that would be. I grew up in a country house that our water froze quite regularly in the winter. At least we had a stone cellar so it wasn’t as bad as being under a trailer.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert - I bet you got lots of steps in with the party. So you probably did ok.

Elbee1 - wow 7 cups!! That’s awesome. You also got in some exercises. I need to start doing that consistently.

Littleblackskirt- A new Grandson! Congratulations! How many do you have? When was he born?

Clicketykeys- did you rest yesterday and take a me day? Or are you sick? Hopefully you just took a well deserved lazy day. You rarely do.

Kroach77 - I joined this group in April and have been checking in daily since except for a couple of vacation days. It has been the best thing I could have done.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    "DISCIPLINE"[/i]. Because I know that is what I need ... the discipline to do mindful eating, the discipline to look up calories ahead of time, the discipline to get to the gym regularly, the discipline to drink my water, and the discipline to never give up.[/i][/b]

Always remember how awful I feel when I eat unhealthy, junk foods. ALways remember how good I feel when I stay in control over what I eat. Never forget that feeling.

JFT, Sunday, Feb 2
    1. log all food
    2. stay within planned foods
    3. eat one evening snack ... then brush/floss teeth
    4. mindful eating
    5. January Challenge - red cup challenge. 8+ glasses water
    6. never give up. Remember how great feeling fit and eating healthy will feel. Do not kick myself when summer gets here for not trying harder. Discipline!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    @mbcc9 -- thank you so much for the videos!! LOVe them! Especially the one about discipline!
    @Snowflake1968 - LOVE your crafts! You are so talented!!
    @maryrobinson40 - prayers for you that your daughter is doing better?
    @Bex953172 -- hope you are feeling better??? But you are doing great staying in the green dispite feeling crappy.
    @AJB1014 -- great news on the job offer!!!
    @Elbee1 - you are doing GREAT on the water challenge! reminds me to get my cup back out. I also really struggle with drinking water!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Reminder January Challenge -- red cup challenge ... get something out (for me that is a red cup) to remind us to drink 8+ glasses of water a day

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE ---- nitetime snacking! Eat just ONE PLANNED snack, then stop! Brush your teeth to remind you to stop eating.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

76usuu5ml49a.png
    [/quote]

Love this!

Welcome and here’s to holding ourselves accountable.

1. Finish funeral planning 😔 nearly there. It’s been beautiful and hard at same time
    2. Exercise - DON’T put it off!
    3. Drink water
    4. Plan my food
    5. Prepare living room for new carpet
  • mytime6630
    Options

Welcome and here’s to holding ourselves accountable.

1. Finish funeral planning 😔 nearly there. It’s been beautiful and hard at same time

I am so sorry for your loss. <3
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Littleblackskirt- A new Grandson! Congratulations! How many do you have? When was he born?

@Snowflake1968, this is the first and he is only 24 hours old. He's been having breathing difficulties as he was born early, but I'm sure he'll be much better in a few days. The medical care they have had has been very very good (in UK)

I went to the chippy on the way home from the hospital. I didn't even enjoy it and didn't eat it all. Must remember that the next time I think it would be a good idea. The thought is better than the reality!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 so very sorry for your loss. Hugs to you