Options
    Friday 22 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :/
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

Bit of a tame follow on from @HEGoddard0928. Hannah I'm glad it's a relief to you and good luck with your subsequent job search
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    Big thank you to you guys! I came home frim work early because I was bored and exhausted. Which meant there was enough light to do my hike. I gotta tell you, if I hadn’t listed the hike as a goal today my rear would have been on the couch, probably napping, and in for the night. It was a tad slower than normal, but it’s still 3.5 miles of hills.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    So my life just got significantly better!!!

I GOT FIRED!!!!!

I am laughing like a maniac with a huge grin on my face!!!

I'm taking a week or two off to do nothing and then I guess I'll hop on the job search train.

I am seriously relieved!

Uhmmm?
    Never known someone to celebrate getting fired!
    Did you really hate it that much?!

Why did they fire you?

Haha what do i say?! Congratulations?!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I GOT FIRED!!!!!

I'm taking a week or two off to do nothing and then I guess I'll hop on the job search train.

I am seriously relieved!

Is this a "Oh NO!!"""",,, or "happy for you"??? It sounds like you were unhappy with where you were working? I hope the right job comes for you that you love. Sometimes, things can be blessings in disguise.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    It's been a long three days, BUT I THANK GOD FOR BRINGING ME THROUGH IT!
    My youngest daughter ran out of meds and began acting out of the ordinary.
    I'M INSERTING A BIG SHOUT OUT OF LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL THE
    MOTHERS AND FATHERS ON THIS THREAD AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.
    KUDOS👏👏
    I saw myself be mom, minister, counselor, nurse, teacher ( KUDOS TO THE TEACHERS AS WELL)
    advocate and I know their was DIVINE INTERVENTION. OMGOODNESS! I thought my labor was
    hard, WHEW! I'm not mentioning these things for pity... Noooo. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm not
    backing down. I'm fighting for myself and my family. It doesn't change me as a mother, the fact that
    my husband has a separate life from us. I believe my children deserve a quality life. Somewhere in
    the midst of the family split, miscarriages, physical issues, my daughter lost her way. I'm
    believing that she along with proper medical help will be delivered and healed.
    This journey is important to me for many reasons, but the main one is I WANT TO LIVE! FULFILL
    MY CALLING IN THIS LIFE! AND PLEASE GOD.

I'm walking, driving, and doing what I can to reach my goal.
    I'm so proud of each of you for keeping your heads up, and for every effort
    you have put towards this journey. 👏👏👏👏 💝🙌 Thank you for every try,
    Thank you for every come back, Thank you for being my friends/sisters/brothers!
    Love you.
    Mary

Hugs to you .... you are doing great with reaching your goals! I hope your daughter is doing bettter! <3

Sister... I'm keeping the flame of hope burning for my daughter. It hurts to see them so burdened and
    having moments where they shut down... I commend you on being a terrific mother. I applaud you for
    your successes too. I'm proud of you and I love you.🌹👏💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, im slowly starting to feel better. Ivd felt rotten this last few days! Awful cough which i cant even describe? Its really really tickly yet i cant cough? So when i try i make a weird barking noise LOL
    Anyway, ive still got that but no headache now.

Not followed any of my usual mfp goals but not to fussed about that atm.
    Got a busy weekend repairing, removing fittings and nails/screws from the walls and filling and painting parts of thd house so we get our deposit back when we move!
    And need to source some boxes for moving!
    Hugs and lots of love @Bex953172 You're so important to me as well as all of our sisters. I'm
    thankful you're feeling a bit better. Hoping you return to your wonderfully peppy, spunky self real soon.👏🌹💝
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT - Thursday February 21 Determined
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in Green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :) Almost 6
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - :)

JFT - Friday February 22 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

My perm went well yesterday, I actually don't think I'll wash it out today like I did last time. I was my daughter's first human model last summer and her final one yesterday for school. She still has the provincial's to write though.
    qoe4buotsmqa.jpg

I have a phone interview at 1015 today for a job that I do not want. I applied because I really want a job and if it's offered I feel I'll have to take it. I will worry about it when and if I'm offered a position.
    You look GREAT Sis!👍💝
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    alipie420 wrote: »
    No more waiting for Mondays, or the perfect weather/conditions, I want to see results now!!
    JFT Friday Goals:
    1. Drink 80 oz of water (fill my big water bottle 3x)
    2. No eating JUNK 🤦‍♀️ (sweets or fried foods)
    3. Portion control-- stay in the green!

@alipie420 glad you joined us and congratulations on your set goals.
    One day and one step at a time.. You're doing it and you'll get there.👏👏🎈
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Thursday goals:
    1. Weigh in :smile: admittedly I only did it because I had a Dr. appt...but it did happen!
    2. Pre-track exercise :)
    3. Swim :)
    4. Walk on breaks :)
    5. At least 10,000 steps :) 10,012
    6. Make sure MFP is accessible from all devices :)

Friday:
    1. weigh
    2. walk on breaks
    3. at least 10,000 steps
    4. no candy/treats/social eating at work
    5. start tracking water/tea

Congratulations on your set and met daily goals. You're doing great!🌹👏
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options

I GOT FIRED!!!!!

I am seriously relieved!

I felt that way when I was fired in 2017. The only downfall was trying to explain why I left.
  • ghsimon1
    ghsimon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Did ok today. I worked late. Got very stressed and ate Fritos scoops my go to stress food. While, I did not make a good food choice. I did stay under my 1200 calorie count and for that I am grateful. I was too pooped to work out when I got home.
    Goodnight all
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    wx86373hj963.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all! It’s my big girl’s 10th today - cannot believe I’ve been a mum for a decade. Feeling a bit emotional. So proud of her. Yesterday was completely crazy. The plan was to go for a run or workout, then drive over to my parents to pick the girls up, drop the oldest at her friend for a play date, then do shopping, a late lunch with the little one and some colleagues, then cook and bake for today. So already quite busy.

I went for a run (smashed my longest distance, fastest mile and fastest 5k - yay!) then came home and realised that it’s been a while since my car has been serviced. Then remembered I had it taxed but did I do the MOT? Then checked and realised it wasn’t done and therefore not legal to drive - oops! Still sweating and panting from the run I made a couple of calls and managed to get it booked in but needed to be at the garage within the hour. Then had to get two trains to my parents place in a rush. Then got a taxi to the play date and on to the shops with the little one. Then struggling home with a gazillion bags! Then the cavalry arrived in the form of a mate I haven’t seen for a while and he gave us a lift home but said his kids missed mine and could we get them together that evening. I said yes, not really thinking about how much I had to do. Then had to rush on foot with the little one to pick up the car then go and meet the colleagues for late lunch. Then come home and frantically try and bake the cake and make lasagne before picking up my other daughter and then going round to the friend’s house for a movie. Got it all done, kids not in bed until gone 10 - absolutely shattered!

If you made it through that essay congratulations! Suffice it to say that I am a bit tired today but very relieved I got it all done and happy that my birthday girl is so happy. On to the goals...

Friday recap:
    - morning workout/run ✅
    - Pick up kids from my parents ✅
    - Take P to play date ✅
    - Grocery and card shopping with L ✅
    - Meet colleagues for coffee with L ✅
    - Make lasagne and bake cake ✅
    - Wrap gifts ✅
    - Put away laundry ❎
    - Pick P up ✅
    - Movie night with the kids✅
    - Early night ❎

Saturday goals:
    - Make imam biyaldi and ice cake ✅
    - Get kids ready before their dad arrives ✅
    - Warrior class while kids have birthday breakfast
    - prep final bits for family dinner
    - Laundry away
    - Portion control at dinner
    - Early night!!

Have a lovely weekend all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 23 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge

Housework
    Gardening
    Pay bills
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Update Goodreads. Check in with B.
    3. Class 1-2: Analysis project. No HW. Return student work.
    4. Planning: A - Grade student work. B - Enter grades. C - Bring books in from car. Draft & print lesson plans - SUB PLANS. D - Make thoughts / actions poster.
    5. Class 4: Grammar quiz. Check for cords & plugs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Update Goodreads. Blog post. Draft weeks 2-3 discussion posts. Draft Week 1 essay. Read 10 pages of Capital.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Prep cheese Saturday after groceries. Used bookstore and recycling Saturday?
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Look for new shoes.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week, AND the following Monday's sub plans.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Read 6 pages of Capital. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries. Used bookstore. Recycling. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Prep cheese.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 188.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

More rain. Fortunately there are classes I like at the Y today, and tomorrow, when there aren't, it's supposed to be clear. Still CLIMBING. :)
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Spin class👍
    4. Meditate twice👍
    5. Small post dinner snack👎leftover cake strikes again!

JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meditate
    3. Healthy dinner
    4. Recognize anxieties masked as food cravings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a win all around.

JFT Saturday

- Rest Day/ Maintenance Day
    - Up at 6:30😀
    - Eat reasonably 😀
    - Drive to Columba without snacking- huge issue for me.
    - Reasonable lunch out with family without gorging.
    - Drive back home without snacking..
    - Controlled dinner
    - Snack if maintenance calories allow.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

So that gym membership I kept putting off cancelling.. It was so fast and easy, I don't know why it took me so long 🙄

I weighed myself for the first time in a month and a half, I am down 2 lbs so that is nice. I am already a healthy weight, my goals are just vanity weight and improving fitness and body composition, I feel that my body fat is too high for what my weight is.

We want to start trying for a baby soon, and I guess this sounds silly since I'll be gaining weight anyway during pregnancy, but I really want to get closer to my goals and be in better shape before getting pregnant. I would like to continue working out to the level that I can and be fit throughout the pregnancy and keep the weight gain within the normal range. I've never been pregnant before so I guess you could say it gives me a little bit of anxiety because I don't really know what to expect or how my body will respond.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, here is yesterday 2/22:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Cancel gym membership that I don't need (been putting this off for months 🙄)😁

JFT 2/23:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Make a budget
    5. Cook dinner
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Thanks for the messages yesterday all. For those that are newer, the background is that my mum has had breast cancer twice, and in August last year my older sister was diagnosed and had surgery in September. My younger sister has had preventative surgery following some scares and that is now the plan for me. So yesterday’s appointment was a mammogram and more tests, which together will pin down my exact risk. But I was told I’m already well over the threshold for risk reducing surgery so I’ve decided to go ahead and the next step will be pre-surgery counselling. I’m still quite scared, but the stats are pretty stark. There are long waits for all of these appointments so I am going to try not to dwell on it for now.

Busy day today and weekend coming up. My big girl turns 10 on Saturday! Can’t believe it - where does the time go?!

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water ✅
    - Leave by 10am ✅
    - Buy book and healthy lunch at the station ✅
    - Online grocery shopping on train journey ❎ couldn’t get a delivery slot to suit
    - chase P birthday party potential venues ❎ couldn’t do this on the train and got home too late to call anywhere
    - Evening plans unclear - my kids are staying at my parents so I could go and see bf (it’s been over a month) but it will depend where my head is at after the appointment 😕 he had to take a trip away at the last minute, but it meant that I could have my early night ⬇️
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning workout/run
    - Pick up kids from my parents
    - Take P to play date
    - Grocery and card shopping with L
    - Meet colleagues for coffee with L
    - Make lasagne and bake cake
    - Wrap gifts
    - Put away laundry
    - Pick P up
    - Movie night with the kids
    - Early night

Happy Friday everyone! X

Love and hugs Sister. We are here with you and walking this out with you. The love and support runs
    deep. You're doing great!.👏🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹😇