JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

On an excellent note, My weigh in went well. Although I started the week (Thursday evening- Sunday morning) rather poorly, my dedication the last part of the week paid off. I lost 2.4lbs. It's probably more like 1.5lbs as that is what my scale at home read yesterday, but I'll take the happy fluctuation. So far I've lost 10.3lbs. I feel really good about this, but I think I need to watch my calories a little closer and eat back some of my exercise calories. It's very easy for my to get too strict and edge toward unhealthy. I guess it's the down side of being an all or nothing girl.

Great weight loss!!!! and 10.3 # .... proud of you!! I am the same way ... all or nothing. Except I rarely have to worry about not eating enough! But I do tend to get discouraged if I do uncontrolled eating. I am working on that. But you are doing great!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    It's been a long three days, BUT I THANK GOD FOR BRINGING ME THROUGH IT!
    My youngest daughter ran out of meds and began acting out of the ordinary.
    I'M INSERTING A BIG SHOUT OUT OF LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL THE
    MOTHERS AND FATHERS ON THIS THREAD AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.
    KUDOS👏👏
    I saw myself be mom, minister, counselor, nurse, teacher ( KUDOS TO THE TEACHERS AS WELL)
    advocate and I know their was DIVINE INTERVENTION. OMGOODNESS! I thought my labor was
    hard, WHEW! I'm not mentioning these things for pity... Noooo. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm not
    backing down. I'm fighting for myself and my family. It doesn't change me as a mother, the fact that
    my husband has a separate life from us. I believe my children deserve a quality life. Somewhere in
    the midst of the family split, miscarriages, physical issues, my daughter lost her way. I'm
    believing that she along with proper medical help will be delivered and healed.
    This journey is important to me for many reasons, but the main one is I WANT TO LIVE! FULFILL
    MY CALLING IN THIS LIFE! AND PLEASE GOD.

I'm walking, driving, and doing what I can to reach my goal.
    I'm so proud of each of you for keeping your heads up, and for every effort
    you have put towards this journey. 👏👏👏👏 💝🙌 Thank you for every try,
    Thank you for every come back, Thank you for being my friends/sisters/brothers!
    Love you.
    Mary

Hugs to you .... you are doing great with reaching your goals! I hope your daughter is doing bettter! <3
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've been away from tracking for more than a year as I have changed careers, started commuting, moved, changed jobs and generally had too many other things to worry about. My exercise level and eating would be healthy for a normal person, but as someone with several metabolic diseases, I need to work much, much harder to keep the weight off. Back to daily goals and working up to full tracking again!

Thursday goals:
    1. Weigh in
    2. Pre-track exercise
    3. Swim
    4. Walk on breaks
    5. At least 10,000 steps
    6. Make sure MFP is accessible from all devices
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages yesterday all. For those that are newer, the background is that my mum has had breast cancer twice, and in August last year my older sister was diagnosed and had surgery in September. My younger sister has had preventative surgery following some scares and that is now the plan for me. So yesterday’s appointment was a mammogram and more tests, which together will pin down my exact risk. But I was told I’m already well over the threshold for risk reducing surgery so I’ve decided to go ahead and the next step will be pre-surgery counselling. I’m still quite scared, but the stats are pretty stark. There are long waits for all of these appointments so I am going to try not to dwell on it for now.

Busy day today and weekend coming up. My big girl turns 10 on Saturday! Can’t believe it - where does the time go?!

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water ✅
    - Leave by 10am ✅
    - Buy book and healthy lunch at the station ✅
    - Online grocery shopping on train journey ❎ couldn’t get a delivery slot to suit
    - chase P birthday party potential venues ❎ couldn’t do this on the train and got home too late to call anywhere
    - Evening plans unclear - my kids are staying at my parents so I could go and see bf (it’s been over a month) but it will depend where my head is at after the appointment 😕 he had to take a trip away at the last minute, but it meant that I could have my early night ⬇️
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning workout/run
    - Pick up kids from my parents
    - Take P to play date
    - Grocery and card shopping with L
    - Meet colleagues for coffee with L
    - Make lasagne and bake cake
    - Wrap gifts
    - Put away laundry
    - Pick P up
    - Movie night with the kids
    - Early night

Happy Friday everyone! X
  • ghsimon1
    ghsimon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It’s bedtime and I am late posting but I could not go to sleep until I checked in.
    Day 4
    Woke up and did a 20 minute upper body workout
    Worked 12hour shift
    Ate within 1200 calories
    Walked incline treadmill 35 minutes in evening
    I am pooped
    Good night all😌
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Didn't have a good one yesterday as my wisdom tooth was really bothering me :(
    JFT - Thursday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal ✅ I was way under it though as I only ate soup and bread.
    15,000 steps ❎
    Drink 2 bottles of water❎

JFT - Friday
    Out for tea tonight, ENJOY IT AND MOVE ON
    15,000 steps
    Drink 2 bottles of water
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 22 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Only eat one piece of cake at birthday party👎 not surprisingly, ate 2
    4. Go to gym👍

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Spin class
    4. Meditate twice
    5. Small post dinner snack
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!!

@Faebert I'm sorry to hear what you're dealing with right now, but you are strong and are taking the necessary steps to protect your health, much respect for that! 🌸💮

This is the most consistent I have stayed in a long time, I must continue through the weekend, that is always challenging! I did it last weekend so there's no reason I can't this weekend.

Yesterday 2/21:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 2/22:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Cancel gym membership that I don't need (been putting this off for months 🙄)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Check in from JFT Thursday

- Work by 7:30 :) closer to 7:00
    - Weigh in for work challenge. Very nervous this week as I was way out of control over the weekend. I don’t handle failure well. :) 2 lb loss
    - Breakfast: fruit & protein. :)
    - 1L water before any soda :) Actually 2L. Meds I'm on make me really thirsty.
    - Lunch under 300 calories :)
    - Leave work ~3:00 to get V to her hair/brow appt. :)
    - Do hilly hike or ride the bike depends on weather. :| I did ride the bike, but only for 15 minutes. I started feeling bad.
    - Dinner within calories at least 2 fruit/veggies :)
    - Bed by 10:00 :)

JFT Friday

- Early morning gym time. :) It wasn't pretty, but it's in the books.
    - Work by 8:00. :| Made it by 8:10, close enough.
    - Drink 1L of water before soda. :) I had over a L by 6:00am & have another L on my desk. I'm just so daggone thirsty. Funny doc is worried I'm drinking too much and now I need to get my sodium checked. Go figure.
    - Protein bar & fruit for breakfast. :) Detour bar & pineapple.
    - Find something to do at work. I'm usually swamped, but right now it's so slow it's painful.
    - Lunch under 400cal
    - Pick dogs up from daycare
    - If there is enough daylight go for my "hilly hike". Outside time is important for my mental well being.
    - Family dinner (best part of my day, especially when hubby cooks)
    - Allow myself a small bowl of the salted caramel frozen custard hubby made for me. Means no real treats during the day. I usually allow 1 or 2 the day after weigh in, but last week I went over that which led to a whole weekend of mindless eating. I was upset all week. Hopefully by planning my snacks I can keep things under control.
    - In bed by 10:00. Driving to Columbus Saturday to watch my oldest compete in an indoor rowing event. It's her first year, but she is very strong from 13 yrs (9/10 yrs competitive) of gymnastics. Her strength serves her well. Her coach said there were colleges asking about her after her last competition. She can do more pull-ups than all but one of the boys on the team.

I'm a little out of sorts today, but trying to stay positive. Had a random drug test at work come back positive. It's from prescription meds and I just need to send a note from my doctor, but it still weirds me out. And I really, really want a doughnut from the break room. Ughhh, why do my favorite things show up when I'm at my weakest?

Oh well, enough fretting over things. Y'all have a fabulous day and make yourselves proud!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Thursday goals:
    1. Weigh in :smile: admittedly I only did it because I had a Dr. appt...but it did happen!
    2. Pre-track exercise :)
    3. Swim :)
    4. Walk on breaks :)
    5. At least 10,000 steps :) 10,012
    6. Make sure MFP is accessible from all devices :)

Friday:
    1. weigh
    2. walk on breaks
    3. at least 10,000 steps
    4. no candy/treats/social eating at work
    5. start tracking water/tea
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Feb 21

Do my daily 60 minute walk DONE
    Do my 30 minute workout tonight DONE
    Log Everything DONE
    Cook soup Forgot!

Today Feb 22

Do my weekday 60 minute walk DONE
    Log Everything
    Cook soup! Don't forget this time!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday February 21 Determined
    2L of water - :)
    Calories in Green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :) Almost 6
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - :)

JFT - Friday February 22 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

My perm went well yesterday, I actually don't think I'll wash it out today like I did last time. I was my daughter's first human model last summer and her final one yesterday for school. She still has the provincial's to write though.
    qoe4buotsmqa.jpg

I have a phone interview at 1015 today for a job that I do not want. I applied because I really want a job and if it's offered I feel I'll have to take it. I will worry about it when and if I'm offered a position.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    I never really got back on yesterday to comment on people's posts. It was a busy day and I took the evening to really just watch tv last night.

Faebert – I agree with you about some days weight loss and health just being another responsibility and burden. You have worked so hard and done so well, it must get tiring being in maintenance. I think I understand the frustration. I agree if you are tired, you can't keep it up. Aiming for 6 hours is a great goal, I don't know how you survive without sleep! For something that the body needs naturally to function it sure wreaks havoc in a lot of people's lives. I know so many people with sleep issues.
    I'm so sorry that you have had to make the decision you have to make, but if it lessens your risk and allows you a longer life I'm sure it's the best decision. It must be a terrible decision to make though.

Mytime6630 -It's so nice to see you posting again! I missed you.

Clicketykeys – Oh leftovers! I throw so much food out because we never seem to eat the leftovers. There are some things I just won't eat as a leftover and hubby never thinks of eating them. I have been trying to put some things in the freezer though and making them in serving sizes.

Nlmackey98 – I understand the mentality about not eating enough and eating too much. This is my third time losing the same weight. The first two times I restricted myself too much and feel that that is why it wasn't sustainable. This time around, I am trying to take it slower and make it so that it is sustainable for the long haul. I eat meals that I would eat when I'm not trying to lose weight, but smaller portions and not as often. I try to move more but am not doing heavy, heavy exercise. I am losing much slower than previously and find it frustrating at times because I know I can do it faster, but I keep telling myself this is sustainable for the long haul. I eat back most of my calories, when I'm exercising though.

PackerfaninGB – I'm so happy to read you had a great vacation. Sorry the weather was so cool.

Maryrobinson40 – Hugs, it is so hard dealing with sick children and feeling helpless.

I'm out of time again. I'll have to try to catch up later. I want to clean at some point today and see what I can find to apply for.

Have a great day.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm up the car if needed.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. PRINT SAMPLE ESSAY.
    3. Class 1-2: Print analyses & hand 1 in. Review compound sentences. Read analyses to group. Type narrative. Fix analyses if time; re-print 10 min before bell.
    4. Planning: A - Gratitude journal. Comment on 2 blog posts. B - Grade homeworks at lunch duty. C - Enter grades. D - Draft Weeks 2-3 discussion posts.
    5. Class 4: Analyze sample essay. Medal of Freedom research - find sources, copy-paste info that answers questions, and create Works Cited. Use checklist and sample essay to double-check Works Cited.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Get gas. Read 10 pages of Capital. Prep beef stew?
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Update Goodreads. Check in with B.
    3. Class 1-2: Analysis project. No HW. Return student work.
    4. Planning: A - Grade student work. B - Enter grades. C - Bring books in from car. D - Make thoughts / actions poster.
    5. Class 4: Grammar quiz. Check for cords & plugs.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Update Goodreads. Blog post. Draft weeks 2-3 discussion posts. Draft Week 1 essay.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Prep cheese Saturday after groceries. Used bookstore and recycling Saturday?
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

Today has been hectic and stressful already. I just want to go home.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    JFT: Consistency
    1. Work on taxes
    2. Hour of Board Review
    3. Exercise :( Didn't go this am
    4. Fluids :)
    5. Early to bed
    6. Avoid the ice cream!! Not worth the headache
    Going to a conference tomorrow and usually the food is plentiful. Goal is to avoid the sugar & keep the cals down. And bring veggies to munch on the drive to fro so feel full.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, im slowly starting to feel better. Ivd felt rotten this last few days! Awful cough which i cant even describe? Its really really tickly yet i cant cough? So when i try i make a weird barking noise LOL
    Anyway, ive still got that but no headache now.

Not followed any of my usual mfp goals but not to fussed about that atm.
    Got a busy weekend repairing, removing fittings and nails/screws from the walls and filling and painting parts of thd house so we get our deposit back when we move!
    And need to source some boxes for moving!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
    2. Drink 3 waters at work and 3 waters at home :)
    3. Do 7 minute workout >:)
    4. Bed by 10 :)
    5. Cook dinner at home, chicken pot pie soup? :)

JFT FRI
    1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Drink 2 more waters at work - 2 more at home
    3. Do 7 minute workout
    4. Gratitude journal
    5. Be positive and kind
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So my life just got significantly better!!!

I GOT FIRED!!!!!

I am laughing like a maniac with a huge grin on my face!!!

I'm taking a week or two off to do nothing and then I guess I'll hop on the job search train.

I am seriously relieved!