January 2019 Self Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Went to a country bar with a band. Dance my butt off (20,000 steps for the day overall). It was so much fun. Despite the snowstorm, I went out with my three best friends. We had a great time! Love girlfriends!

This sounds like so much fun!

I have wanted to try country line dancing for ages, but there are no places near me. (Lately my self-care seems to involve reading, which I'm happy with.)
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 19th:
    -Went for a run
    -Completed morning & evening hygiene routines
    -Walked 30 mins
    -Hydrated well
    -Ate a good dinner

January 20th:
    -Got to the gym
    -Completed morning & evening hygiene routines
    -Took a nap
    -Hydrated well
    -6th day without binging 😌
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 hours ahead of me with no one home. And it’s my day off. I am going to make a wish list of things I can do today but not hold firm to the list. It’s almost nerve wracking when you know you can have a total self care day but don't’ want to waste it. Xo <3
  • RubyRed427
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Three weeks into the new year, and I am making progress on my habit calendar.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Had great time with friends yesterday. Laughed a lot
    Made myself go to bed before overeating
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Recently my self care have been too exciting. It's mostly been about doctors appointments and changing meds. The other day the new scents for Yankee candle came out so hubby and I went over to check them out. We picked up a few sale items and I've been burning a new to us scent. I also started a journal so I could track the effects of the new med.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    Candlelight yoga❣️
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Crazy weekend!! Friday night our family decided to try out roller skating. I seriously thought it was going to be like riding a bike. It was not lol... I am making it my fitness goal to roller skate without shaky legs and a sore butt 😂

Saturday we got a major ice and snow storm. We were trapped in the house. So we put a fire in the fireplace, popped up some popcorn and binged watched Netflix.

Sunday: cars stuck in our driveway spent over an hour digging out of the driveway. That was my 40 day surprise for my husband. Plus I got a workout.

Today: woke up so sick!! Normally I would force myself to muddle through work. I very rarely call off. Today I decided I was going to call off and take care of myself. Good thing I did. Took a long hot shower, took 3 Motrin, fell asleep for several hours and woke up in a pool of sweat!!! Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
  • 57discovery
    Options
    Nice walk with friend. Chilli outside.it felt great

In bed by bedtime:)y

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Jan 22
    Lovely 90 min hiking in the hills - sunny & cool

Really was happy & comfortable inventing/creating a drawing tonight for painting tomorrow! In the flow more often now.

Remembered to breathe slowly In & Out through a stressful situation today, reassuring myself that all would be ok.

Lots of body positivity. It works!

• Fitatelo
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Been keeping up with hygiene routines which is a big deal for me. Been exercising every day except Monday because I was sore, but I didn't beat myself up for it. I had a great time with my boyfriend this weekend without worrying too much about calories & I didn't binge (8 day streak!)

Going to go out with my mom today so hopefully my stability keeps on going 👌 I want to journal more often just to get out of my head, so that's my goal for this week I guess.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Finally started my lifting program yesterday!! It was easier and quicker than I thought it would be but I'm feeling the squats today. It's going to Wicklow get more difficult so I am enjoying working on my form at first.

Went to both Krav and heavy bag yesterday. Trying to remotivate myself at the gym and get my eating back at being regularly in a calorie deficit. I set up a one on one with one of my favorite instructors for Thursday so it's going to be another long day at the gym. Yay! I've also mentally committed myself to going to the advanced krav class next week.

I started journaling and written for three days in a row. My partner at heavy bag last night expressed interest in lifting with me so hopefully that works out. It would be nice to have a partner! Plus, she's a someone that I tested with for yellow belt. It would be nice to make a new friend friend. It's so difficult to do that as an adult.
  • 57discovery
    Options
    In bed before my bed time
    Overate at night
    Today will b better
  • 57discovery
    Options
    Great eve with friends f
    Made sure to go upstairs Right
    Around bed time
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Went to one hour yoga- I feel transformed and stress free.
  • Fitatelo
    Options
    Stayed strong at my mom's, went to bed early yesterday; took a bath & did a face mask today. No journaling, but I'm not mad about it.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Fitatelo wrote: »
    Been keeping up with hygiene routines which is a big deal for me.

@Fitatelo I'm curious about this. Is this to do with makeup?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Three weeks into the new year, and I am making progress on my habit calendar.

8h3iyo2azggf.jpg

I love this!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Jan 24
    Last night went to new yoga class but with a teacher I know (and love) & she had a sub who could not have been more different. Really pushed me, but I still felt great when I left - and today - and not sore. I may even go to another class of her’s!!

Still using body positivity affirmations which seem to be helping me embrace my new body. Pleased.

Relaxed after my tough PT & long, fast walk today.
  • 57discovery
    Options
    Nice walk wi h driend
    Movie a little too much food:(
    In bed at good time