January 2019 Self Care Challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    @Fitatelo I'm curious about this. Is this to do with makeup?

No, skincare & brushing teeth and stuff - just little things I've let go in the past and am trying really hard to keep up with now.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    A little organizing and throwing some old papers and docs away
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Self care: On Friday, telling someone the brutal truth and overcoming the fear of being straightforward and honest. That was the biggest self care moment in my life, I think.

Bravo. :heart:

• Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This week happened to have a lot of eating out, which generally makes me hate trying to be healthy / induces a binge but I've been able to stay steadfast, even over the weekend. Stayed in bed with my boyfriend Friday instead of forcing myself to go to the gym, but went yesterday and today. Just mainly working on balance & creating a sustainable but healthier life.

This next week is about to be incredibly stressful so I'm nervous, but cautiously optimistic that I can take it all in stride.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely week off last week, lots of walking and eating out (along with my usual yoga and headspace). Yesterday I had a phone free day and read lots, it was lovely!
    Also I noticed this morning that February's Yoga with Adriene is based on CARE and looking after yourself so I thought I'd share here for anyone who would like to join in. It's released on YouTube for free :)<3
    Another great app you can download is Action for Happiness which gives you daily reminders on being happy and grateful and has a calendar you can follow too :)
    Hope this helps some of you :) x
  • 57discovery
    Options
    Massage
    Lots of laughter
    Great workout
    All to balance some feelings of depression and self dlubt
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Self care: On Friday, telling someone the brutal truth and overcoming the fear of being straightforward and honest. That was the biggest self care moment in my life, I think.

I love this! Sometimes those are the truest kinds of self care we can give.

I am feeling very good today. I had a good weekend. I had positive runs on both Saturday and Sunday. I cooked lots of meals and spent a lot of good time with my husband. I am feeling very positive about how I have been managing my training schedule, logging my meals and eating well and have had my alcohol consumption in great control.

I am still struggling with staying focused at work. I do believe that if I only had me to worry about in my life, I would leave my current job in search of something completely different. However, my husband and I have some long term goals for our future and hanging on to my current job for a while longer is part of that plan. We have had a lot of talks about this lately. We are not really on the same page about this, but, in his defense, he has been going out of his way to promote my happiness. This weekend we ordered a camper so that we can take more weekend trips. We are also getting kayaks and I am looking forward to the rest of this year. Compromise, patience, and keeping a positive attitude about the present. I guess those are also part of self-care.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This weekend I hung it with my husband and we spent most of it in our PJs playing Monopoly. I've been burning up the exercise. I'm trying to get ready to psych myself up for signing up for a hiking challenge in my area. Sign ups open on March first it's a drawing system so hopefully I can get chosen.

I've been trying to keep up with journaling. I've also been exploring new to me arts. I continued with watercolor and started acrylic painting. I also want to continue practicing my drawing. I have been reaching Parks and Rec and The Office while doing these as well as listening to my podcasts. I've also increased tea consumption because of the frigid temperatures.
  • 57discovery
    Options
    Met with someone That can help me figure out what’s next for me professionally...it was great to get excited abt the possibilities
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Painted a lovely Florida beach scene during the arctic temperatures in the Midwest here.
    Cooked for my daughter.
    Excercised at the gym.
    Had two snow days in a row (no work) and took a bath and meditated.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Congrats on the camper! That will help with self care (being with nature). Good luck with the job situation. Set an intention that you would like a new job with more money. And perhaps it will manifest itself. It never hurts. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    This weekend I hung it with my husband and we spent most of it in our PJs playing Monopoly. I've been burning up the exercise. I'm trying to get ready to psych myself up for signing up for a hiking challenge in my area. Sign ups open on March first it's a drawing system so hopefully I can get chosen.

I've been trying to keep up with journaling. I've also been exploring new to me arts. I continued with watercolor and started acrylic painting. I also want to continue practicing my drawing. I have been reaching Parks and Rec and The Office while doing these as well as listening to my podcasts. I've also increased tea consumption because of the frigid temperatures.

Wow @skram01 really great self-care!
    Met with someone That can help me figure out what’s next for me professionally...it was great to get excited abt the possibilities

@57discovery Terrific! What a great approach!
    Painted a lovely Florida beach scene during the arctic temperatures in the Midwest here.
    Cooked for my daughter.
    Excercised at the gym.
    Had two snow days in a row (no work) and took a bath and meditated.

@RubyRed427 I love that you painted a beach scene when it’s been so cold!
    I frequently think, as I am up my self-care, “Wow, you are creating a lovely life like Ruby does!” Thank you for helping me learn that we can create love Days & nights for ourselves❣️!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yoga -
    Art & art & more art
    Scheduled more get together a with friends...most other creatives!!

Went to a healer who helped me in many ways. I have let go of what was not serving me & envisioned & now am living the life I always dreamed of♥️♥️♥️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi All,
    Has anyone set up a February 2019 Self-Xare Chalkenge?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, thanks for the reminder! I just started one. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017, thanks for the reminder! I just started one. :)

@SaraKim17 Thank you!! ♥️