Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Options

Replies

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Our breakfasts generally aren’t planned ahead. We rotate between simple things such as scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, pigs in a blanket, cold cereal, & yogurt.

Our menu for lunches and dinners this week is:
    Whole Wheat Spaghetti w/ Mediterranean Meatballs, BBQ Ribs w/ Corn, Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, Mexican Red Bean & Lentil Skillet, Crockpot Baked Penne, Chicken Fried Rice, Tuscan Butter Salmon, Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Meatloaf, Southwest Turkey & Rice Skillet, Vegetarian Goulash.

Any other meals will be leftovers. Our weekly meal out will be at a local theme park.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Every year this is one of my resolutions to at a minimum meal plan for a full week, and even better, to meal prep. Mine typically takes the form of cooking protein (ground beef, shredded chicken, pork tenderloin) in bulk to freeze and use in other recipes, occasionally freezing full meals when I know we won’t eat leftovers that week, but usually just means making an extra serving of each night’s dinner to take for lunches.

For those that do meal prep regularly - do you eat it the day you prep it and then the remainder goes to subsequent lunches or dinners, or is the prep just to be eaten another time?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    My issue with meal planning is we typically only eat 1-2 family meals at home each week with work/travel schedules, kid activities, and social events. I always have great intentions but when I only cook a couple meals a week it’s hard to plan ahead and have a good rotation. Our meals tend to be pretty simple and kid friendly - one will usually be grilled/sautéed protein; a starchy side and a veggie and then another might be a stir fry or pasta dish, tacos, or some sort of sandwich. We might have pizza or take out on a weekend night and then on Sundays I try to plan more and cook a bigger meal that may have some leftovers for the upcoming week.
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like to have a freezer full of single serve meals.

Today I’m cooking a turkey chili (no beans), beef and broccoli in a soy, ginger and honey sauce and chicken with cashew in a Chinese style sauce.

These will be lunch and dinner for the next couple of weeks.

A few hard boiled eggs and I have some single serve but/seeds packets for snacks.

Protein shakes for breakfast. 😀👍
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Chicken (4oz), rice and beans (1/2 cup each) is my staple meal prep. 4rbz46cce8yrc.jpeg

I vary the seasoning on the meat, and may or may not add dried veg flakes to the beans.
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    For those that do meal prep regularly - do you eat it the day you prep it and then the remainder goes to subsequent lunches or dinners, or is the prep just to be eaten another time?

I cook on Monday nights to cover our eating from Tuesday to Friday. Throughout the week if something comes up, like staff lunch or dinner with friends, I will throw a meal in the freezer to save for the weekend or the next coming Monday. We’ve been doing this before having our son. He’s 2 now and eats everything we eat (except any hot sauce I may add)

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Turkey chilli and breakfast muffins today.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Generally just prep for other days.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Last week - each dinner became lunch the next day at work
    Monday - Orange Chicken with Snap Peas (Instant Pot)
    Tuesday - Tacos
    Weds - Pan Seared Salmon with Rice and Parmesan Green Beans
    Thursday - Pasta with Meat Sauce from freezer (leftover from Christmas Eve ravioli)
    Friday - pizza for kids/date night for adults
    Saturday - Venison Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots (lots of leftovers for the upcoming week)
    Sunday (game day!) Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Baked Chicken Wings. Pulled pork will go into quesadillas or the freezer for future meals. I also cooked up 4 lbs of ground venison for freezing for chili, tacos, etc.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I think this week will be:
    Monday - Butter Chicken (Instant Pot)
    Tuesday - feed kids something easy and then sautéed shrimp with frozen Birdseye protein blend veggies for me
    Weds - leftover venison pot roast, maybe over egg noodles with carrots
    Thurs - taco soup w/ precooked ground venison (4 lbs cooked and portioned today!)
    Friday - school activities so probably leftovers or fast casual food
    Saturday - social plans
    Sunday - heading out of town for work so this will be my last meal plan/prep for a while!
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We cook double recipes of everything at dinner to eat for lunch unless the hungry 14 year old gets it first

Saturday pasta with chicken sausage, spinach and butternut squash
    Sunday maple glazed salmon with cauliflower rice and asparagus
    Monday Chicken tostadas in the crockpot
    Tuesday Turkey taco salad
    Wednesday Pizza
    Thursday Rice and bean casserole
    Friday turkey meatloaf with beans and carrots
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    I do not cook every day. I simply can't due to some health issues that can cause major fatigue plus some of my meds make me sleepy. So I usually prep breakfast and lunch for the week Sunday mornings and then make a big dinner Sunday nights with lots of leftovers for a few days with another dinner planned for near the end of the week.

This week I am off tomorrow due to it being a state holiday so I will prep tomorrow morning.

Breakfast: Loaded hashbrowns (hashbrowns with spinach, mushrooms, onions, and peppers) topped with sriracha and 2 hardboiled eggs

Lunch: Bbq chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli

Dinner: (Only one this week due to a short week and dinner plans out on Wednesday) Instant Pot garlic pork tenderloin with green beans
  • Fitsusan21
    Fitsusan21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chicken, vegetables, brown rice, one cheat meal per week, cardio sessions to balance out the cheat meal
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Planned our meals for the next week 🙌🏻

Breakfast:
    Egg whites and ground turkey, adding hash browns to mine(none for my husband)

Lunch:
    Firecracker chicken with sauteed veggies and rice for me

Dinner:
    pot roast and mashed potatoes again because it was soooo good last week hahah

Snacks:
    Honey lime tilapia with coconut rice
    Ham and cheese spread roll ups
    Bell peppers and hummus
  • ChrysalisCove
    Options
    We’ve got a huge task this afternoon; due to the lunar new year we’ll be without grocery delivery, so DH & I will be planning 3 WEEKS of meals at once!

We can top-up some produce from wet markets, but other produce / dairy products / meats are much more expensive or lower quality. We’ll also have an overseas guest for the final week.

I’ll come back to post the mega-list when I can!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    food prep for the next couple of weeks (i do freezer slow cooker meals and frozen make ahead casserole type stuff). days i work, i do this, days i dont i make something 'fresh'. most of these make 2 meals for our small family.

bacon garlic pork loin
    chicken fajitas
    chicken noodle casserole
    enchiladas
    burritos
    chicken cornbread bake
    mozzerella spaghetti bake
    southwestern casserole
    honey dijon chicken

and my husband wants me to make the turkey i have in the freezer, so monday or tuesday (my days off this week) we will be having thanksgiving for dinner LOL. the leftover meat will be shredded for future use (what i dont keep out for his lunches).

and i still have other stuff in freezer - chili, soup, a peach pork loin, a chicken tortellini bake and probably a couple of other things. lol
  • ChrysalisCove
    Options
    Alright, 3 weeks of meal planning - DONE!!

Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
    Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
    Crab Cakes w/ Tartar Sauce
    Red Bean & Lentil Mexican Skillet
    Curly Kale & Potato Fritters
    Chicken Pot Pie
    Sandwiches & Fruit Salad (Picnic)
    Cheeseburger Sliders
    Meatloaf w/ Mashed Potatoes & Corn
    Chicken Apple Meatballs w/ BBQ Dip
    Southwestern Turkey & Rice Skillet
    Goulash / Chili Mac
    Tuscan Butter Salmon w/ Rice
    Chicken Burger Sliders
    Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
    Pineapple Fried Rice
    Sausages & Roasted Potatoes
    Lemon Butter Tilapia w/ Parmesan Risotto
    Beef Fajita Quesadillas
    Brown Sugar Salmon
    Swedish Meatballs w/ Rice
    Sweet & Sour Shrimp

DS requested to bake his birthday dessert at home this year, so we’ll be making chocolate-covered-strawberry brownies as well!
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For this week I made white bean and chicken pesto soup, a marinara and cheese baked ziti, and egg salad for sandwiches. I recently tried Aldi's 45 cal/slice bread and it's not bad for making sandwiches with a high calorie filling. Would not use it for toast though. Breakfasts, I'm eating my way through a Costco size bag of cereal.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    We have leftover pitas from this past weekend, so today I meal prepped an egg, green pepper, and onion bake for breakfast-y pitas for the mornings. The egg'll be heated, topped with cheese, and added to a pita with salsa!

For lunch this week we're doing fried rice. I'm adding a bit of Chili and Garlic shrimp for mine to up the protein. This'll be Tues-Friday. I still have some chili leftover from last week's lunches, so I'm taking that tomorrow topped with a bit of cheese. c:

Dinners this week consist of baked parmesan chicken w/ penne and broccoli, lemon chicken and zucchini bites over couscous, and homemade nachos, each with a night after of leftovers. Also have a "free" night this week which will consist of either leftovers, breakfast food, or date night. c:
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Just finished. Just have to wash the dishes. HELP! 😣

Breakfast-Smoothie with assorted fruits individually bagged.
    Lunch-Potato salad, Baked chicken & lentil, kale and squash stew
    Dinner-Baked Salmon or talipia with more of the lentil, kale and squash stew.
    Snack-Apple or hummus with carrot sticks