Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Options

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Weekends I prep for the work week. This week, I made beef stew and roasted root vegetables; oatmeal bread rolls for breakfasts for the week, and a loaf of bread for the week too.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Boyfriend made slow cooker white chicken chili topped with avocado and cilantro, and. I’m gonna make a light Alfredo sauce for whole wheat pasta. Should take care of most of the week’s Lunches and most dinners!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Whole week.
    This week I'm having egg whites for breakfast and for lunch it's baked chicken breast tenderloin (eating with a different sauce each day) and stir fried bell peppers (seasoned with chipotle bacon seasing).
    I put enough chicken in the baking pan to have 8 oz (raw) per day and bake it all at once while I cut up and stir fry all my bell peppers together (1 per day) and fry the egg whites (an entire 32 oz bottle for the week).
    Once it's all cooked, I divvy it up into containers and call it good.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    You all have inspired me. Buying containers this week and chicken, salmon, and veggies. :)
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Some super impressive photos here!! Looking at all you guys with the weekly food all sorted out!

My prep for tomorrow-
    Red kale, broccoli and turkey breast.

Added some almond rosemary flatbread!hdya8fctmfzb.jpeg

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Added some almond rosemary flatbread!hdya8fctmfzb.jpeg

That looks delicious!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

That looks really good! Is that turkey or beef meatballs?
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I made up smoothie bags with frozen strawberries, mangos and bananas. That way all I have to do in the morning is dump the fruit in the mixer with yogurt and a splash of milk...
    For lunch I made a batch of Turkey meatballs with sweet thai chili sauce, sauteed green beans and boil in bag brown rice :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    Not this week, but I am back to work next week after surgery recovery and I plan to make gyro meat and have gyro salads for work lunches next week. Lettuce, tomato, gyro meat, tzatziki, feta. Mmmmmm
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I've made cottage pie, beef burgers, and sausage casserole this weekend. This doesn't mean I'm eating those this week though. I prep by making and portioning (and accurately logging) then freezing. Basically making my own ready meals for during the busy work week. I have stuff in there already I'll use this week.
    I am going to need some recipes.... cottage pie? Sausage casserole? sounds delicious! Also what do you freeze in? I never freeze and I really want to
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    For breakfast this week I bought mini bagels then put the serving size I wanted of cream cheese in little to-go ramkins for each day.

Lunch this week is a salad, so I chopped up my romaine, roasted and shredded chicken breasts, made some hard boiled eggs and homemade croutons. Then each morning I just have to assemble the salad, I keep my dressing at work and use my food scale to weigh that out each day.

I didn't really prep any dinners this week, though I did boil kielbasa and pre-cut a large sweet potato into fries. So I can easily heat up the kielbasa and throw the sweet potato fries in the air fryer (3 nights this week I'll be having that.)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    I meal plan and shop on Saturdays. I kind of envy you guys who make 10 lunches and dinners and eat the same thing twice a day for 5 days. With a husband and one kid at home, that wouldn't work at my house. I do plan my meals around my schedule since I don't get home from working out until after 7pm. Sometimes I use my crockpot to have something ready. Otherwise, it's quick and easy meals M-Th.
    M: Bolognese
    T: Poached eggs with roasted asparagus over greens
    W: Sausage, spinach and rice bowls
    Th: Turkey & kielbasa stew
    F: Chicken quesadillas

Nothing fancy, usually, but nutritious and tasty enough for us. Lunches are leftovers or salads with lots of fruits and veggies to munch.
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to post a pic but it's not cooperating, anyhoo, I did 4 days ahead: grilled pork chops w pineapple and steamed rice for 2 days & thin sliced marinated beef w steamed rice and baby carrots for the other 2 days. (Hope it didn't actually post 50x.) Lol
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I kind of envy you guys who make 10 lunches and dinners and eat the same thing twice a day for 5 days. With a husband and one kid at home, that wouldn't work at my house.

Lol - right? I think my family would mutiny 😆 At least my 6yr old is learning great kitchen skills...
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

That looks really good! Is that turkey or beef meatballs?

These are turkey meatballs! But you can make it with beef; I bet it’d taste awesome.

• gallicinvasion
    Options
    90tb4675p7h3.jpeg

Here’s that slow-cooker white chili with chicken, avocado and cilantro! Lunches and dinners this week, interspersed with pasta with light Alfredo.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I loved my prepped lunches! Going to do another three days and add dinners too and see how I go. Plan is:

Greek chicken with potatoes and cucumber/tomato salad
    Sweet and spicy chicken with rice and green beans
    Taco chicken with rice and bell peppers
    Buffalo Quorn with potatoes and zucchini (seeing how the Quorn holds up)
    Turkey bolognese with pasta and green beans
    Turkey bolognese with pasta and zucchini

I'll make half of them around 300 cals and half around 500. I liked having it premade but I LOVED having it pre-logged as a meal to just add in real fast.