Do I keep my INSTAPOT?

Options
1235»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    One note of warning - my husband asked me not to cook Hopping John (black eyed peas with pork and onions) in the Instapot this New Year, because he says "everything made in the Instapot tastes like Instapot, it's so much fresher tasting when you do it on the stove. And he has a point - the seal absorbs flavors and the whole pot smells like whatever was cooked in it last.
  • kbentley7049
    kbentley7049 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my instant pot. I have found a lot of youtube videos with great recipes on them. I can make a 5 pound pot roast in an hour and it is the best pot roast you have ever had! I don't recommend pasta in it though. There are a lot of recipes for mac and cheese and I have tried a couple of them but it is too mushy for my taste.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    One note of warning - my husband asked me not to cook Hopping John (black eyed peas with pork and onions) in the Instapot this New Year, because he says "everything made in the Instapot tastes like Instapot, it's so much fresher tasting when you do it on the stove. And he has a point - the seal absorbs flavors and the whole pot smells like whatever was cooked in it last.

You can buy extra seals in different colors for cheap so that your foods don't cross flavor. I have a red seal for meats, the original seal for vegetable dishes and blue seal for sweet foods.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Sealing-Ring-BPA-free-IP-DUO60/dp/B01NBSW0M9/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1548355497&sr=8-8&keywords=Instant+pot+sealing+ring