Daily calories are too much!! HELP!

So I'm new to MFP. I have lost about 20lbs on my own, but I wanted to try this out since my friends tried it and said it was great! But the daily calories I was given are too much! After I entered my food for the day, a message came up saying it won't be logged cause I ate too little. How do I fix it?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    magdilinab wrote: »
    My calories for the day are 1900, but after I logged what I had eaten, I still had a 1000 calorie deficit.

Are you using a food scale?
  • magdilinab
    magdilinab Posts: 12 Member
    Yea I am, but for things like Lettuce (leafy light veggies) , I measure in handfuls.
  • magdilinab
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    My calories for the day are 1900, but after I logged what I had eaten, I still had a 1000 calorie deficit.

What are your stats? How much weight are you trying to lose? What activity level did you choose?

I chose active, since I go to university every week day and I walk there (5km walk). I'm trying to get from 234lbs to 170lbs. And calories are 1900.
  • magdilinab
    Yea I am, but for things like Lettuce (leafy light veggies) , I measure in handfuls.

So, peanut butter, cooking oils, salad dressings, etc, are all being weighed? Great!

If you can’t eat enough calories, eat things that are higher calories. Peanut butter, nuts, full-fat dairy, etc.

Thanks for the information, I don't use salad dressing, except for lemon juice, which I logged as well.
  • magdilinab
    I had 1 cup of non- fat Greek Yoghurt for breakfast.
    A salad with 4eggs, half a tomato and Cucumber, Lettuce and lemon juice for lunch.
    And boiled mix veg and pan fried chicken breast for dinner.

I have been on the bigger side my whole life, but ive been eating healthy for the last couple of years and all I've lost is 20lbs. And with my activeness I still can't seem to shake it. I am 5ft 10, so quite tall too.

But are you weighing all solid foods with a food scale?

I swear I am.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I had 1 cup of non- fat Greek Yoghurt for breakfast.
    A salad with 4eggs, half a tomato and Cucumber, Lettuce and lemon juice for lunch.
    And boiled mix veg and pan fried chicken breast for dinner.

I have been on the bigger side my whole life, but ive been eating healthy for the last couple of years and all I've lost is 20lbs. And with my activeness I still can't seem to shake it. I am 5ft 10, so quite tall too.

But are you weighing all solid foods with a food scale?

I swear I am.

What about the oil for frying the chicken?