Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here! I’ve lost count too. *sigh* here we go again!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @fitnesscat2014 Yep, here we go again...……..let's do this for the last time!!

Yesterday, I stayed within my calorie range although hubby walked into the living room about 8:30 handing me an opened ice cream sandwich he bought me ………..ugghhh………...I did a silent gulp, I was in the middle of tracking my food and not sure I had enough calories to eat it...…...but because he was being nice, I ate it. It did help my sore throat (today is day 4 of the soar throat, may go downstairs to the health department to have it looked at).

Why is it though, that my husband can monitor me so much, make comments like "are you suppose to be eating that?" etc then do something like that. Yet, I also, didn't deny it at the risk of disappointing him. We humans are a strange creature...…...smh…….

Have a great July 2!
  • isidora10
    isidora10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    exactly same situation. stopped counting how many times I had to start a diet (successful or not) in the last few years
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger Hope you get feeling better soon.

I tracked all day yesterday too. I was over my calories, but I am making progress because I woke up to the scale moving the right way! Today's goals are to repeat yesterday in tracking, but actually have dinner at home instead of "eating out", and hitting the water goal - and complete this week's paper for class.
  • fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh I get pretty irritated when the hubby tries to track what I eat it makes me want to stuff ice cream forcefully into my mouth 😂 yup not the kind of encouragement that is needed. Whelp I hope we can offer you positive support. Idk why I can’t seem to friend people on here. 🤔
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @fitnesscat2014 I will try to add you tomorrow from my computer at work. I can't do it with my phone.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @fitnesscat2014 Yep, here we go again...……..let's do this for the last time!!

Yesterday, I stayed within my calorie range although hubby walked into the living room about 8:30 handing me an opened ice cream sandwich he bought me ………..ugghhh………...I did a silent gulp, I was in the middle of tracking my food and not sure I had enough calories to eat it...…...but because he was being nice, I ate it. It did help my sore throat (today is day 4 of the soar throat, may go downstairs to the health department to have it looked at).

Why is it though, that my husband can monitor me so much, make comments like "are you suppose to be eating that?" etc then do something like that. Yet, I also, didn't deny it at the risk of disappointing him. We humans are a strange creature...…...smh…….

Have a great July 2!

I'm in similar situation. I've learned to say oh i wish i could but no thank you. Don't always do it but it's MY choice, no guilt either way! Stay tough girl! And hope your sore throat clears up 👍
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support with hubby and the head cold. I got two sets of bike rides in of 15 minutes each yesterday, during my breaks at work. I love riding outside. By the end of the day I thought an outside ride would be helpful and it was! Still feeling a heavy head and a slight scratchy throat. If it stays mild like this I'm ok with that ;)

Today's plan, to get a bike ride outside done this morning then this afternoon either a walk or the stationary bike.

@karensg I like your comment "it's my choice". I will have to remind him of that when he gives me his hurtful comments. Or also the sweet offers ;)
  • KCJen
    Options
    Track calories and drink water

^^It's what I am telling myself to focus on today

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • SamTucker444
    SamTucker444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After 6 months of around the same weight i'm back at it this week and feeling determined, feel free to add me I need some motivated people on my feed!
  • karenesg
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »

^^It's what I am telling myself to focus on today

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I'm right there with you. You got this!
  • KCJen
    Options
    Happy 4th to everyone
  • Just2laughatu
    Just2laughatu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sigh.. starting again.. :/ I have to get this weight off. Turning 40 in a couple months would like to be in the 200s by then.

Hi everyone!
    Athena
  • karenesg
    Options
    Hi Athena!

Glad to have you here! You'll find lots of friendship and support. We're all in it together.

Best to you -
    Karen
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Well, 5 days in a row of not completing my food diary shows at the scale. Back up to 192.8. Yes, I've had a lot going on….two funerals, a nasty head cold, but I have GOT TO learn to still make good decisions. Knowing that I come in here and check in really helps to keep me accountable. It would have been real easy to not log my weight in, I considered it. I don't want to throw that egg on my face and have to face up to all of you, but that's not going to help me. Ignoring it and not facing up to it is how I got to this problem. Trying to figure out why I "allowed" myself to make such bad choices at times of distress...….so I think I am going to try this......when I am struggling, I am going to come here and talk it out. If you feel it is too much PLEASE let me know ;) I can try something else if this doesn't work.

Thanks! On to another week. I am feeling better. I did go to the doctor on Friday and am now taking antibiotics. I may end up with another house full again though. My sister-in-law has passed away....yes this makes 3 in two weeks :( But she has been sick for a couple of years so this one is not a shock....just sad. So, I am not going to be distracted with the fact that my guest bathroom still needs cleaned and the living room could really use a dusting; I am still planning to go to water aerobics tonight. I do need to plan ahead of time a health dinner. I think that is a big lapse in my efforts also.

Not giving up...……….I have got to make this work.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Never give up @AbandondedKSCharger - it can take time. I have been at this weight loss stuff since 2006 when I tipped at 220 (possibly more, didn't get on scales). Lost 40 through Adkins and maintained right around 180 for a number of years. Started tracking food in 2014 (didn't understand how to really use app or the community), but since then I have knocked off another 30 or so (I regained pounds over two year period of two hip replacements). You can do this! Just stick to it the best you can and don't beat yourself up too much. Eating is something we have to do to live, so it isn't like other bad habits that we can quit by not taking or using whatever it is.
  • Igetup10
    Igetup10 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have been lurking here for some time but now would like to join the fun...

@AbandondedKSCharger keep going! You are doing so well and are an inspiration for me! Reread your initial posts you are still down and you can do it!

So here are my stats:
    SW: 154.8
    CW: 150.8
    GW: 127(may change)

So 23 more to lose... hoping this thread will help to hold me accountable, since I am also a serial starter! .5-1lb per week is what I am aiming to lose.

😊 Any friends would be awesome, and I’ll check in on Monday.

ETA I am 5’5” and 29 years old
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    Hey! Over the long haul (last 20 years), I've weighed >200lb (Mid 20's - before kids we don't even talk about prego weight) to 105lb (41 yo) now I'm 45 and sitting around 140. Not bad when I look back on my 20s, but not good when compared to just a few years ago. Now in the interest of full disclosure, at 40 I started doing time trials (bicycles) and was training for the state championships. My diet was strict and my exercise was off the charts. I ran 2 days a week (did a couple half marathons for fun), lifted/body weight exercises 3 days a week and rode between 100 - 200 miles per week. None of that is sustainable with a husband, 2 kids and a full time job. It was a short term goal that my husband supported and we managed. And just like that isn't maintainable at this time, neither is 105 lbs. I like the occasional pizza and beer night, maybe a candy bar. Since then some things in life happened and I put on 40-45 lbs. I've taken off 10 of those, but have 25 or so to go. I'm thinking 110-115 is doable. I'm only 5'1" so even that is the middle of my "healthy" zone. Trying to find some easy going, but committed folks to pal around with. If you take a notion add me.

Nikki
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! You guys are fantastic!!! Sure boost me to wanting to get to the success stage :)
    Taco salad tonight for dinner....just doing a lil planning ahead ;)
    Welcome @Igetup10 and Nikki @nlmackey98 ! Glad you've popped in to join us.
    Any other lurkers...……..glad you're lurking around :) Feel free to say hello at anytime!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,357 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss @AbandondedKSCharger , even when it's expected at some time, it's still hard. I recently lost a good acquaintance, a dog trainer named Liz who brought a playgroup of dogs to dog park, I've known her for 15yrs. There are 4 of us(who first met at the dog park) who meet for lunch once a month. Tomorrow is the day & the day after is our annual lunch with a bible study group who I take my disabled lady that I take care of so I have to go. Just when I finally started staying under my deficit after gaining 10 lbs, after I quit smoking. I went up a pant size. In the past when I was maintaining, I was able to eat low calorie eating out but since Feb my appetite kicks in smelling all that food & I order more than I should so don't know if I can control myself tomorrow. We're eating at Hometown buffet. Last time I had mostly baked fish but had a few small portions of other things too. I'm fine with skipping dessert & pasta but I love those popcorn shrimp they have there.