Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• ravencochran1
    ravencochran1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m also starting again for the millionth time. I have about 100lbs to loose. Down 4 lbs right now. I’m highly motivated but would like friends to walk this journey with. Y’all feel free to add me😃
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So here's my long term goal...……..ya ready...…...by the time I am 60, which is 2 years 5 months away, I want to weigh what I did when I was 30......which, if I remember right, was about 130. So, you heard it here...….now I hope you all stick around long enough to make me accountable :)
  • camhollymum22
    camhollymum22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will I need to restart lol
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @camhollymum22 Hey! Let's get that restart going :) Have you thought about setting any goals?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm starting again too. Got really sick with stomach flu Wednesday night, was barely able to eat yesterday, better today. Still eating mostly carbs till i heal up. Maryang165, you have a cute profile pic
  • NerdyWord33
    NerdyWord33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40lbs here under a different account in 2010/2011.
    Gained it back double after college and a kid.
    Been a serial starter since 2014.
    Determined to make it stick this time!
    Feel free to add me!
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Trying this all again myself starting tomorrow. Feel free to add me!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Hello ladies, @Evamutt @NerdyWord33 @CaydensMommy
    As you've probably seen we're a quiet group, but a few of us have stuck around and been real good support for each other. I hope you are finding your place that works best for you to be successful. Hopefully that will be here too :)

I did not get to weigh in on Monday. My day was filled saying goodbye to a dear friend of my husbands and our family. I weighed in yesterday morning and was up .06 :( I think that's normal for me since I'm not being real 100% on things.
    Starting the aqua aerobics and getting on a bike outside is really been enjoyable for me, which means I put more into it. Tonight will make the second week I will miss my yoga class. Dentist appointment tonight and last week was the day our friend passed away. I stayed home to be with my husband. Feels weird to say that....like so matter of fact...….but such a heartbreaking thing.

Working to stay focused the rest of the week to get my exercise in, track and stay within my calories. Wish you all the best of luck too.

Teri

• CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, @AbandondedKSCharger. 2 and a half weeks ago, I had to say goodbye to my grandma. Permanently. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I was at her bedside bawling. She told me not to do that because I had a little boy I had to be here for and to put him through school. I'm sure she didn't mean this way, but I took that as I needed to better myself and be healthy enough for him as well as myself. I'm gonna try my best this time. Only 3 days in and the first couple weeks are always the hardest. I can do it. I'm gonna add u. Sending much love your way! :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @CaydensMommy So sorry about your grandmother. That is such a hard loss. I bet you are an amazing mother. Making choices to do even better shows that. I am glad you are here so we can do this together!

Starting today with a "back-on-board" attitude. Looking forward to tonight's water aerobics!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, @CaydensMommy & @AbandondedKSCharger , So hard & sad. My husband too lost his best friend from grade school less than 2 weeks ago. We moved away from where he lived & we grew up, but husband went to go visit him every summer & they talked on the phone regularly. Got over the stomach flu withing 30 hours but it was bad. I've been way too busy (for me)& desperately feel I need a day off from obligations. I was sick on my 2 days off last week.
    The gym I go to got bought out over a year ago & they got rid of all the gym classes & replaced them with HIIT classes but they got bought out again & just brought back some gym classes. I'm SO happy but am too tired to go tonight. I babysat one of my grandson's this morning so took him & one of my dogs for a good long walk, then in the afternoon I took 2 of them to dog park & walked around for an hour. They have a small variety every day so planning to get back to them.
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Finally getting this to open to read updates and catch up. Had an awesome vacation and tasted lots different things, very happy that I only gained 1 lb as was thinking would be more. Got back on track right away and have dropped a few more lbs, 39 to date since January 2 when started. 23 more pounds to get to next goal of 170 and md appointment to hopefully get off some bp meds, then will evaluate and see if that weight good or possible 20 more pounds to reach 150 which is where ‘charts’ have me. Back and/or hip started hurting on vacation, have a mri next week see what’s going on, prayers please that nothing serious as had back fusion 2 years ago and have been feeling great up to now. Newbies—- hang in there and be accountable to yourself, for me planning ahead is my key. This weekend I’ll be over both days as have special events, so Monday will be bigger ‘reduce ‘ day. Thanks friends for all your encouragement!!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    My goodness @Evamutt and @Longing4Maui what struggles we all have been through. Eva I'm sorry your local gym has been so inconsistent but good for you for finding the alternative and getting your grandson and dogs out for a walk. @Longing4Maui most definitely keep you in my prayers.

I had a great day with exercise yesterday but made bad choices which almost through me off. Tonight I have that margarita/pampered chef party, but I found a 5 calorie recipe for margarita's so I'm going to focus on being good. Just because I am entertaining does not mean I have to be sloppy. right ?? :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
    Teri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger -you always make me smile!
    @Longing4Maui -good luck with back/hip issues. If it is hip, I can empathize with you-I have had both replaced and am moving better than I had for several years prior.

Hugs for all experiencing loss. I have had several deaths the last several years (mother, mother in law, husband, good friends). While they are all sad, I have found I have learned something through each experience. @CaydensMommy -maybe that was what your grandmother was trying to tell you. That is a wonderful memory for you to treasure.
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    We can do this!!! I'm starting again.... again, had kind of a mental health spiral at the start of summer and gained unwanted lbs :^( trying to lose 25!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    My sister-in-law informed me today that she's now lost 30 pounds......dratsss
    Wish I'd get on board with it and really start showing some changes
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Finally, I am ahead in my classwork that I feel like I can emerge from my "study cave"! This week's goals are to track everything (including MFP activity), drink water, start treadmill schedule again, and lose 2 pounds. I feel like I am always restarting this. I need to make this a lifestyle, not a diet that I can start and stop when life gets busy.

Hope everyone is doing great! @AbandondedKSCharger my healthy goal weight is 130 to 144. I haven't settled on a final number yet. I figure once I get closer to my healthy ideal weight I will focus on a number. Let's chase those numbers!! : )
  • KCJen
    Options
    I have a question for everyone. In past posts, others have mentioned that they have also used Spark People. I came from Sparks also and I like to read their articles. My question is what other websites do others use, or blogs they read for healthy lifestyles and recipe information?
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good Morning!
    The summer heat has finally found us. I have been stating that this is the summer that wasn't due to all the flooding, etc. The heat this weekend finally had it feeling like summer.

@KCJen that would also be my healthy goal weight. I also get the regular emails from SparkPeople and do like their articles. I tried another website to look for mealplans but it seemed duplicate of this......I can't even find it now lol. But my memory tells me it had something to do with the diabetes website...sorry, but I would enjoy hearing what others have to say.
    I have found other "groups" here on MFP to be helpful also.

I weighed in this morning at 190.0 That huge number has me looking at it in unbelief. Never thought I would ever get this big …. yet here I am ;) According to the plan I set out for myself in January, I am behind by 2 pounds. I planned 3 pounds per month. Doesn't sound like much of a weight loss plan does it, yet I am behind. That is why I set my plan at something so low. Something I felt I could manage. I feel like I can make that up to meet my year end goal of 170. Then the 140/130 mark by my 60th birthday in Nov 2021. Sounds far away, but it's realistic. We each have to look at what works best for us.

I look forward to cheering many of us on as we each, at our own time, approach maintenance. We do not want to find ourselves battling this again do we??? :)

This week is the 4th, that typically means a lot of ice cream and apple pie. So let's be cautious yet enjoy our holiday (those in the US).

I am planning water aerobics tonight and yoga on Wednesday, plus my exercise during my breaks at work.

What I am needing to start implementing is Planning Ahead. Any tips you can provide would be very helpful hint-hint @Longing4Maui :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Keep logging in...……..that's the key for me ;)

Teri
  • KCJen
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger I think I will keep the Sparks articles and MFP combo. I haven't really given MFP a fair chance since I have been "stop and go" since I joined. I will just keep at it until it sticks - I will keep on keeping on!

It will be a successful week if I simply log food, water, post daily, and start the treadmill schedule again. I found a bit of encouragement the other day as I was reading my homework. The book is about strategic planning/management and the topic was changing behavior. The quote said that a rocket ship launching into space will use half of its fuel in the first few moments while it pulls away from the launch pad. This is due to fighting gravity. I found it interesting- I am in that "spot" of fighting my own "gravity" of my old habits and replacing them with new healthy ones. Once my new "healthy lifestyle" habits are developed, half the battle is won and closer to achieving my goals.