Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    What's important is that we are still here and all have our own progress!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You're right Ginny! Showing up is 1st step to progress & success! Hope everyone has a great day <3 Good choices, no regrets, enjoy every calorie you decide to have B)
  • rondajones2003
    rondajones2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Packed my lunch today for work along with some healthy snacks to avoid the vending machine. Thanks for the support as it has helped this week. And way to go to keep checking in.
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Pack my lunch everyday when I am in the office. And sometimes depending on type of meeting, I have been known to take it there. Also pack snacks for am and pm. Being prepared is important to me. I also typically prepare my dinners for the week over the weekend, This Sunday I made a rump roast and boiled some red potatoes and mixed vegetables-that way when I get home, I just have to warm it up.
  • mmereth
    mmereth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way better day than I thought it was going to be. Ended up driving 400 miles for work to leave a note on a door. But got back home in time to watch my son run in his last track meet if the season. Two McDonalds meals plus a simple dinner and I ended up with calories to spare and way more steps than I thought I’d get with all that driving. It’s the small things...
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Under calories and way more steps? Those are big things for me-and top it off with seeing your kid's track meet? Sounds like a darned good day!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Packed my lunch today for work along with some healthy snacks to avoid the vending machine. Thanks for the support as it has helped this week. And way to go to keep checking in.

Nice job!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Hi guys/mostly gals....well my intentions for tracking and exercise during my 5 day vacation didn't go well. I started off great on food choices, but as we got busier I got lazier on my choices and I consumed way too much alcohol...ughhh....still fighting the battle though.
    My weigh in today, 196.4
    Up 1.6 pounds.
    Next week will be different!
  • libbynuss123
    libbynuss123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay well i just got this app and only recently joined the gym and have been trying to eat healthy but everything on here confuses me in regards to the calories. Im trying to lose weight and the food I normally eat in a day is under the preferred goal. 😂 can someone be my friend and help me
  • ginnytez
    Options
    It's important to work on logging everything accurately (as accurately as you can). I use a food scale for most everything and that has been very helpful. I also find it important to get to the minimum calories set by MFP-I eat most of my exercise calories back (but some eat a percentage and that works for them). Going consistently under the calorie goal can mean you aren't meeting nutritional needs and your body isn't getting enough fuel. Have you checked out the Getting Started threads that explain this? Good source of information.
  • karenesg
    Options
    Okay well i just got this app and only recently joined the gym and have been trying to eat healthy but everything on here confuses me in regards to the calories. Im trying to lose weight and the food I normally eat in a day is under the preferred goal. 😂 can someone be my friend and help me

I sent you a friend request :smiley:
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! Hope you are being successful with your life choices that you are making. Don't you sometimes wish it was as easy as waving a magic wand? It is so easy to look at others that don't have the struggle and feel a bit of envy. I work next to a lady about 5 years older then me that as never been more then 5 or 10 pounds over weight. I also see she only eats healthy food and in small portions. It's always about the choices we make. I am trying to reprogram my thinking and love myself for who I am and know that I can do better. It's a beautiful day outside today, graduation weekend in my community, a lot of old friends visiting from out of town. I will work hard to keep focused that I have given myself a goal of 3 pounds per month. April and May haven't gone as well as I thought they should. I've felt a bit disappointed at the small amount of weight I've lost, but I am still here logging every day, which helps SO MUCH to check in here. I am not giving up!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Meal prep is critical. Every day may not be perfect, but it is better than not trying.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    The crazy semester is behind me. Phew! Now to develop healthy lifestyle habits and stop my default of "diet thinking".
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I am in the "battle-zone" where I am replacing my unhealthy bad habits, which seem to be my "default" habits, with good healthy habits. I struggle with hitting my daily water goal. Does anyone else have this problem? If it's ok, I would like to post in the group my progress thru the day to help me stay accountable. If it's not ok, or not appropriate for the group, please let me know.

I read an article that gave a formula for the amount of water I should drink in relation to my weight and my exercise. The formula said I should drink 7 of my water bottles (which are 24 oz) each per day.

Time to get started because I don't want to be up half the night in the bathroom! :blush:

Here's to water #1
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    I am in the "battle-zone" where I am replacing my unhealthy bad habits, which seem to be my "default" habits, with good healthy habits. I struggle with hitting my daily water goal. Does anyone else have this problem? If it's ok, I would like to post in the group my progress thru the day to help me stay accountable. If it's not ok, or not appropriate for the group, please let me know.

I read an article that gave a formula for the amount of water I should drink in relation to my weight and my exercise. The formula said I should drink 7 of my water bottles (which are 24 oz) each per day.

Time to get started because I don't want to be up half the night in the bathroom! :blush:

Here's to water #1

Absolutely!! Post away....will be a great reminder for the rest of us : )
    I have written on my water bottle at work the amount it said for me.... I believe it's 189 ounces!!
  • karenesg
    Options
    Hey everybody, happy Monday. Hope the week is off to a good start for you. Keep up the good work & doing the things that make you feel your best. B)
  • kearly206
    kearly206 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I’ve added a few already but anyone is welcome to add me, I’m active daily and my diary is open!