Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• cookie2207mfp
    cookie2207mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting over again too. After many failed attempts I finally lost 50 lbs last year. So far this year I've regained a stone :# Need to get back on track. I'm currently working on breaking a cycle of binge eating which is responsible for most of my recent weight gain. Although I've been on mfp for a while, I've never really used the message boards or joined any groups. I would love some support along the way this time. Please feel free to add me.
  • flintflash1
    flintflash1 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I, too, am returning. Been on and off for a bit. Came over from the C.C. Community (Calorie Count). Feel free to add me a MFP friend. Always happy to share motivational stories with my MFP buddies! :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    4/22
    Check in day for me....but first.... :)
    So many great stories here!
    I'm so glad to see new team members to go on this journey with.
    The motivation to continue is so helpful because we've all lost and gained.
    We WANT this NEED this to be our last time to have to lose weight.
    I have struggled lately and now found I went 3 days without logging my food....WARNING WARNING
    I commit to logging every day the remainder of this week, including Saturday and Sunday. No excuses.
    My weekly report....up 1 pound. Lucky it wasn't more.
    Wishing you all a successful week!!
    Log your food :)
    Teri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Logging really helps me Teri--it is so easy for me to go off track without it. Don't beat yourself up--tomorrow is a fresh start!

Welcome to newcomers--I think most people on MFP are like us--multiple starts--but we keep trying!
  • dibarrondo4
    dibarrondo4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting for like the 10th time! I feel like its really gonna change this time. I have a hundred pounds to lose. I started yesterday with eating healthy and today with going to the gym.
  • 8purplesnails
    8purplesnails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm so delighted to find this discussion, I'm not alone! It's such a relief to see other folks who have started and oopsed multiple times like me! I'd love some buddies, friend me please!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Yep--lots of restarters on here!
  • GuyanaGold21
    GuyanaGold21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    4/22
    ...I have struggled lately and now found I went 3 days without logging my food....WARNING WARNING
    I commit to logging every day the remainder of this week, including Saturday and Sunday. No excuses.
    My weekly report....up 1 pound. Lucky it wasn't more.

Teri - You can do this! You have been such a motivator on this board. I think we all feel like we are struggling from time to time (I sure have this week). It's been rough with Easter and all. So glad you are recommitting to logging every day. We've got your back!

Welcome to all the new friends on "Starting for the 88th time". :) The support on this board is awesome! Thanks to everyone!!
    - (another) Teri

• karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ugh moving in the wrong direction. Rationalizing bad choices after doing hard work. Gained that pound I’ve lost and gained a dozen times at least. Discouraged but still here! Giving up is NOT AN OPTION!!! Am revisiting some resources that helped me stay with it last Spring. Is very motivating to read other's successes and stories... because being left behind is NOT AN OPTION either!!

Sooo.... here I go.... lots of water, a long (and cold) walk planned with a friend, taking the afternoon to tie up some loose ends, chores, and REFOCUS on meal planning and shopping list. What's the saying... if you fail to plan, plan to fail. ALSO NOT AN OPTION B)

Keep up the tough fight my fitness pals! We gotta (and will!!!) DO THIS!!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Yes we will!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Eve everyone! I can't believe it is already Thursday - what a crazy week!

My goal for today is it drink water and stay within my calorie range, and track everything.

One day at a time - slow and steady wins this race. :smile:
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @mmereth YES, you have to enjoy those precious moments and splurge once in awhile, just cut back the next few days. Kids grow up too fast, so savor every opportunity to have some quality time with them. Mom of 3 all grown and married, and blessed me with 7 grands. But oh, how I’d love to go back just one day. Cherished memories and lots of Love.
  • 8purplesnails
    8purplesnails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Abandon, thank you for the reminder! If we have junk food in the house, it's so much harder to resist! For me it's Hershey's and Dr. Pepper, my two great loves! Besides my dogs..... Oh and my husband 😋
  • XOX_LOTSA_XOX
    XOX_LOTSA_XOX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting again after eating every single chocolate and marshmallow and rice crispie Easter egg that I got. I also joined Spark People. I do need nice and supportive friends, so if anyone are adding friends, please consider me. I’m going back to sugar abstaining, exercising and hard work. Thank you.
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger and @8purplesnails and @XOX_LOTSA_XOX I hear you, had a rough two weeks but got back on track. Grandkids egg hunt was mostly non-chocolate this year to avoid the temptation for me. I do allow myself some chocolate once in awhile and just fit it into my plan. Sometimes those single Hershey kisses melting in the mouth can be the best treat. Just have to keep it at 1 only.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting again after eating every single chocolate and marshmallow and rice crispie Easter egg that I got. I also joined Spark People. I do need nice and supportive friends, so if anyone are adding friends, please consider me. I’m going back to sugar abstaining, exercising and hard work. Thank you.
    I use to participate with SparkPeople. The groups like we do here at MFP really helped me! Plus I was working part time....that helped too lol. I'm glad to see your here.
  • ljarrett526
    ljarrett526 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm back in too!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Good to see people joining in! Never heard of Spark People (but I do drink spark!)