Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    hah Im back too, after about a year of doing what I want, didnt really get anywhere, and ate whatever, but now need structure again. Nothing wrong with that :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mariang165 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for posting! Yes, I am lurking. I don’t even know how many times I have “started again”! Just turned 70 so as you can imagine the number is as wide as my expanding waistline 🤣. I am not sure if I can start yet again but small steps! So, I have started signing in every day and re-educating myself with respect to my portion sizes, now that has been an eye opener this week. Good luck everyone and have a successful day!

Great way to start!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Happy Friday Eve everyone! I can't believe it is already Thursday - what a crazy week!

My goal for today is it drink water and stay within my calorie range, and track everything.

One day at a time - slow and steady wins this race. :smile:

Hey Jen, how'd you do?
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I know my problem was getting away from logging, and weight just started creeping back on. After I make my goal, I will continue to log maintenance--I don't trust myself otherwise!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting again after eating every single chocolate and marshmallow and rice crispy Easter egg that I got. I also joined Spark People. I do need nice and supportive friends, so if anyone are adding friends, please consider me. I’m going back to sugar abstaining, exercising and hard work. Thank you.

I am from Sparks too! I use both, to be honest.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Hope to check in every few days. Went out of town yesterday, kept my eating under ‘some type of control ‘.. for me that is!, too many salty foods but no desserts, yippee! Now today will be the challenge. Weigh my food, portion is key. Everyone try for a small success today! Good Luck!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    "Some type of control" is better than no control. Good luck with today!
  • badlands05
    badlands05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buck6032 wrote: »
    Going to try this with friends and accountability. Sooooo Who wants to be friends?

I’ll be your friend! I recently went thru a divorce and moved to a town that doesn’t have a lot of options for work out groups or support groups. I also work 12-14 hours a day and need a buddy system.
  • redhairannie
    redhairannie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some encouragement and friends!
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Two hard weekend days, out with family, out with friends. Tried to make good choices but went over both days. So tomorrow am, back to grindstone to really watch it. So far on this journey, if I really stay within or a bit under my Mon-Fri calories the few extras on the weekend days have not been a deterrent. It is a constant though, always have to be ‘thinking’ about making the best choices, I’m hoping someday that will become more of the ‘norm’. Getting close to my first goal which was to reach 200 or less by June 1. FOUR pounds to go, so with lots of prayer and determination I will get there. Then onto goal 2. Thanks everyone that has friended me for your encouragement and support on this journey, it really has made a difference.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Two hard weekend days, out with family, out with friends. Tried to make good choices but went over both days. So tomorrow am, back to grindstone to really watch it. So far on this journey, if I really stay within or a bit under my Mon-Fri calories the few extras on the weekend days have not been a deterrent. It is a constant though, always have to be ‘thinking’ about making the best choices, I’m hoping someday that will become more of the ‘norm’. Getting close to my first goal which was to reach 200 or less by June 1. FOUR pounds to go, so with lots of prayer and determination I will get there. Then onto goal 2. Thanks everyone that has friended me for your encouragement and support on this journey, it really has made a difference.

@Longing4Maui good job this weekend. Sounds to me like you had wonderful controls and did not over indulge like you might have done in the past! Now with your plan for a good week going forward you will reach your first goal. We are all cheering you on! Cheers, Marian

• ginnytez
    Options
    You are really moving well towards your goal for June 1 @Longing4Maui - it is important that you are logging honestly. I have started viewing it not as a grindstone but the path I am on. While I stayed under my calorie goal this weekend, I had more carbs than I feel best with and less protein, but I feel good that I logged and paid attention to what I was doing. Let's kick it on Monday!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @Mariang165 Great job weighing your food! So important!
    @Longing4Maui Your doing great, yes, in time our mindsets will be at a healthier level. Expecting in the future what is normal today will not be normal then.

Today's weigh in: 195.8
    8 tenths of a pound down from last week, which I had an increase in the scale last week so this was a nice surprise. Especially after not tracking my food consistently last week. Back at it today, looking forward to a fresh week and month.
    Goal for end of April 194.
    Goal for end of May 191. I'm on it!
  • NelletteA
    NelletteA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This will be like my 15th time starting over. Doing things a bit differently this time around and trying to find friends to help with support, accountability, motivation, and just well, to have some friends! This will be the first time ever getting into the community so I don’t know how to do a lot but a try is better than nothing so add me!!

Let’s do this together and actually hit our goals this time around!!
  • ttugurl
    ttugurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting Over Again, too! Almost hit 260, my highest was 264. I dropped around 12lbs and make it to a month of good habit. But after the 3rd or 4th week, something happens! My first goal is to weigh less than my husband and he is 230 something.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    I think my main problem is I haven't been working out like I used to plus eating a little over, of course, so this week I'm determined to go the gym several times. I have time to go most of the week, including today
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @NelletteA glad to have you pop in and say hello. The support and encouragement I find here really makes a difference for me. Find the things that you know work for you and build on those. For me, I have to log my food every day. When I get away from that is when I start backsliding.

@ttugurl Sounds like you have a motivational goal that should give you that push.

@Evamutt Get to that gym girl and burn those calories!!

Let's all meet those goals today!!