Starting for the 88th time.

Replies

• wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Please if anyone wants to be or have friends of encouragement add me I do so much better when I see people doing the same thing I am so the more I have the less excuses I make let make this summer HOT!
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    MFP worked for me. I am back at it again. I would like to slim down 10 lbs to start. I have found it easier to start with small goals. Larger numbers are too daunting and seem unachieveabe. I would like to give and get support from the MFP community. Please add me to your friend list if you like!
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    I am checking in. I lost 2.2lbs last week. I am trying to keep it up, although I have been sick since Friday. I am going to try and stay within my calorie range since I don't want to exert too much energy exercising.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    @Faith4eva31 Way to go!! That is a great loss! Sorry you've been sick, hopefully you are feeling better real soon. It is hard to stay focused when you're not feeling well. Do you track your food in the daily diary?

Welcome @gingerbee33 and @wvtracyann.
    If you'd like to share your goals with us that would be a great way to get to know you.
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you so much. Yes i track my food everyday.
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    @Faith4eva31 Way to go!! That is a great loss! Sorry you've been sick, hopefully you are feeling better real soon. It is hard to stay focused when you're not feeling well. Do you track your food in the daily diary?

If you'd like to share your goals with us that would be a great way to get to know you.

Sure! I am striving to lose 18 pounds another goal is to be in the gym at minimum 4 x a week and be outside busy with yard work and my garden on a daily basis. Previously, my exercise regime was walking on average 4 miles a day. I did this regularly for a long time but let work interfere and eventually just stopped. In addition to the gym and outside activities, I am also walking again and am on my way to regaining myself! Thanks for the support.
  • texascarrot820
    texascarrot820 Posts: 29 Member
    Yay never give up
  • leilafarshid
    leilafarshid Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I am new here but not new to lose weight and regain! I would like to lose 20 pounds for start hopefully by mid july :smiley: I am 173 lbs right now.
    I have some back and knee pain and hope by loosing weight it gets better.
    Please add me :smiley:
    Good luck to everybody here :smiley:
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    I'm so happy to have found this group. My excitement and motivation have EXPLODED from reading all your posts. I agree with @texascarrot820 - never give up!

I'd been struggling to get back in my groove. I restarted using MFP last February and found lots of supportive friends and groups that kept me going and lost 30 pounds. Woohoo!! Had some injuries throughout 2018 that threw me for a couple loops, some family and emotional issues that stalled me out in January & February.... I kept coming back even if I didn't log or exercise - because I knew if I didn't I'd gain everything back and that is NOT AN OPTION. Staying where I am is not an option either. And now, having found this group, made some more accountibila-buddies, started walking and doing Pilates again, I now have this renewed excitement to keep it up.

My goal is 161 (started at 218)

We can do this!! Best to you all B)<3
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    kahart625 wrote: »
    I'm in on the encouragement, could use all the help I can get! weight is coming off in small ounces per week which can get very discouraging. Add me to friends if you like!

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. You got this.
  • granniero
    granniero Posts: 2 Member
    Starting over AGAIN. Lapband in Nov 2013. Lost 65lb. Gained a couple of pounds, no more loss. Back on the wagon. Have to do this. I'm 68 years old.
  • karenesg
    granniero wrote: »
    Starting over AGAIN. Lapband in Nov 2013. Lost 65lb. Gained a couple of pounds, no more loss. Back on the wagon. Have to do this. I'm 68 years old.

Let's do it!! I got your back
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Welcome all! So today will be first time since March 7 end up a bit over net calorie. It was a bit preplanned. I am at a work conference and knew we would eat at Cheesecake Factory. Ate sensibly all day, had a very modest dinner choice, but a half piece of the chocolate fudge cake put me over. However, I have run a deficit the past week or more and I did get in over 15,000 steps today and 93 active minutes. Not going to be too bothered with over by 152 calories this one day. I know I can make that up this week and continue with weight loss.

We can do this! It is not a question of perfection, it is consistent effort and not letting one choice be the excuse for throwing it all away. I wanted my treat and I had it. Could probably exercise to balance out tonight, but too close to bedtime. Will have a good walk on treadmill in the morning and eat a few less calories.
  • kiilaniyomes
    kiilaniyomes Posts: 2 Member
    Same boat this is like my 3rd time, so hopefully 3rd times a charm..
  • christinefensky
    christinefensky Posts: 5 Member
    Just crossed 30 days of keeping calories in check the other day. It really hasn't been as hard as I thought. I cut out a lot of the sugar and processed meals and cannot believe I haven't been craving sugar AT ALL! I know this because I have 2 large Special Dark bars in my cabinet that I bought specifically to nibble on in case of emergency. I barely touch them! That is my win so far! I am not a heavy exerciser but have been lifting 5lb weights daily and walking at work when I can. I feel a little deflated as the scale has only moved 3lbs. I refuse to give up though and have read stories of women who took up to a year to lose significant weight. It's a battle, especially when you are nearing your 50's. Good luck to everyone on hear and may you all reach your goals!!
  • MissCarlaB
    MissCarlaB Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to jump in on this feed but i feel it’s my 88th time at loosing weight to and I do so well with weight loss then give up and eat whatever whenever and put it all back on and more! I just can’t stay on the journey as I have so much to loose 🙄
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    After new friends to help encourage the journey probably the 100th time of restarting though I'm getting better everytime, hitting the 300lb mark a couple years back really made me think about my health so onwards and lbs downwards hopefully, everyone needs a little push from time to time :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Welcome aboard everyone!! So exciting to see more new faces!! As @karensg stated...…..it adds to the excitement which for me is needed to keep me motivated to stay on the right path. It has been three months now for me, and I found myself a few weeks ago burning out ALREADY!!! I CAN NOT do that. My health is too important to me. I bet you'd all agree the same for yourselves. That's why we're here right! :) This WILL be our last time……….to goal we shall go together!
  • karenesg
    Buck6032 wrote: »
    I had no idea that 88th time starting over would take off. I love all the stories and all the goals that are being reached. I want to flow love and joy to all who are on this journey to take back control of our lives.

Thanks for starting us up!! This is just what I need in my life ... inspiration, encouragement, love and joy <3 Wishing you a peaceful and productive day B)