Starting for the 88th time.

Options

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @ginnytez your journey sounds similar to mine. May I ask how tall are you?
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this thread being a white nationalist dog whistle?
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this thread being a white nationalist dog whistle?

?????
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger - I'm 5'6" sliding down to 5'5" as I get older! (I'm 64)
  • ginnytez
    Options
    @gallicinvasion - not sure what you are seeing that leads to that observation.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Accountability definitely required. I restarted for what must be about the 20th time in January. Something seems to have clicked a bit this time though. I lost around 25lbs a few years ago and was in the best shape I've ever been. I regained that 25lbs and then some! I've lost 7 so far this year and have another 28 to go.

My goal is currently set at 0.5lbs per week and I am currently very inactive due to breaking a couple of bones in my foot. Had to keep a low deficit otherwise I get hangry! I was previously walking 12k steps per day and eating back some calories when I felt like I needed them. Starting to get back into walking a little bit, when my foot allows, but trying to build slowly.

Trying to be as active as possible with posting and logging (especially logging) and would love more friends to interact with on here :smile:
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    @ginnytez mainly the specificity of the OP using 88. This messed up world we live in is teaching me to view things with a lot of skepticism. I hope not, in any case!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @gallicinvasion I didn't understand where you came up with that assumption yesterday, then today I read your reply to ginnytez and so I googled the #88 and see where you got that. I went back to when this thread first started to do a little investigating and do not find anything to substantiate that. I have been here since very early on when this thread was created and have never heard any talk to indicate that or I would not participate. I'm thinking that when Buck started this thread it was with all sincerity of just a random number of how we feel dieting SO MANY TIMES over the years.

I have found some good people here who are here for the same reason, to loose weight and KEEP IT OFF for the LAST TIME ;) Right folks!! Let's Rock & Roll this ….as my 3 year old granddaughter would say ;)

@ginnytez thanks for the update. I remember when my dad got into his mid 60's. We also saw him shrinking. I am 5'3" and he has always been so tall to me. Now I tease him that soon we will be the same height ;)
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Oh my goodness @gallicinvasion - I googled it too. First I have heard of that, but can see how it could raise an eyebrow. Don't know about OP, but it seems like the rest of us took it at face value--starting over and over again.
    Thanks for clarifying what lead to your observation. I personally am hopeful someone just chose a number and had no specific meaning. My daughter-in-law once cautioned me about what color of handkerchief to tie on my suitcases (so you can pick yours out easier)--she wanted to make sure I knew the gang colors to stay away from. People can trip into things that have a meaning to some people without realizing it.
  • ginnytez
    Options
    I understand about the injury @sianlr87 - I have had messed up adductor since last October and it has taken forever to get back to walking. Deliberately pacing myself and stretching right. Weight started going up during lack of exercise. Steps going up, logging consistent, weight going down.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    kcdlg wrote: »
    I know we are supposed to have other goals not tied to the scale but I can honestly say that my goal is 30 lbs. I am on Real Appeal right now from my insurance which is great but it's 1/2 lb a week. Sigh. I am not giving into a quick diet though. I have done lots of quick diets, the weight comes off and then comes back on.

What is Real Appeal?
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Real Appeal is a weight loss support program. My insurance company has it too, although I have not signed up for it.
  • Buck6032
    Buck6032 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The number was just a random number.
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    Buck6032 wrote: »

Lol well just because of how the world is, I would change it to 87 if you can.
  • ginnytez
    Options
    May be a random number, but it may be close to how many times I have tried to lose weight!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Buck6032 wrote: »
    Hey Buck!! Nice to hear from you again :) I almost said something on the main page this morning to drop us a visit. Thank you for clarifying :) I wasn't worried ;)

@ginnytez Yes! Me too!!

So my week last week was full of twists and turns. As a result, I should have probably gained one or two pounds, but thanks to the germs I got the stomach flu...…...and minus 4.4 pounds. Ugh.

Anyways, I didn't check in yesterday but I am down to 193.4. Ahead of schedule, but will probably balance out next week.

Hope you all are finding success on your weight loss!!

• Longing4Maui
    Longing4Maui Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I haven’t been monitoring as couldn’t get into Community for a few weeks, not sure what the issue was. I’m still here, and trudging on towards goal. Lost 26.2 to date, about 35 more to get to ‘my goal’. I’m getting close to hitting that ‘below 200 mark’ and so excited as it’s been YEARS since I was under 200. Have 5.8 lbs to go and then will celebrate that first hurdle. @AbandondedKSCharger and some others have been so encouraging on this journey. I am willing to be a friend to anyone, so send me a request if you’d like. And I’ll keep trying to monitor this group as long as I can get in.
  • Riley9460
    Riley9460 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...let's do this!
    \
  • ginnytez
    Options
    Great job on weight @Longing4Maui!

And yes--we have got this!
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am back at it again too. Goal this time is to lost 52lbs by the end of the year. Down 6lbs already. Feel free to add me.