My Boyfriend thinks I'm Fat

Options

Replies

• tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest something a little different than the other posts. You obviously care about him or you wouldn't be asking this or hanging around. Your boyfriend may very well be an abuser. But he could also just be totally unaware. Some men are like that. I would suggest that before you throw out someone you care about, you have an earnest sit-down talk with him. Does he know how his comments make you feel? - A question to you - have you accepted his comments on your weight without objection in the past? If you have, it's time to object. It's time to let him know how his attacks have hurt you, that you want to be happy with your body FOR YOU, whether or not he's happy about it.

If you don't get answers that satisfy you, then it really is time to point him toward the door.
    I like you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Talk to him about it.

If he's still a jerk, dump him.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    The things we do for love? Really? What is he doing for love?
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    axgta1.jpg
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This cannot be a real post surely?
    SShh.. don't tell anyone.
  • bjgodby
    bjgodby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Be happy with yourself sweetheart. He will never be happy. Sounds like you need to move on. This is just a sample of what`s to come.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Gonna get hate but people need to stop sugar coating everything. No-body gets motivation to lose weight by being told they are a "perfect weight"

Calling someone fat over 15 pounds is not motivation.
  • allieemariee23
    Options
    This guy is just plan rude. I'm sorry. You are the normal weight for your height and the fact that your boyfriend thinks your chubby is not correct. If you feel you need to loose weight then by all means do it! but DO NOT loose it because of him! Be confident in yourself, and you love your body even if this guy doesn't!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    axgta1.jpg

So true: when I criticize your pants size, what I'm really worried about is your enlarged heart.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    axgta1.jpg

^^^ This ^^^
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Gonna get hate but people need to stop sugar coating everything. No-body gets motivation to lose weight by being told they are a "perfect weight"
    Calling someone fat over 15 pounds is not motivation.
    Nope but calling her the perfect size isn't going to get her to do anything, she said "My boyfriend thinks I am out of shape and chubby." so he didn't say it as harshly as everyone is saying? And 15 pounds goes a long way especially when she is at the very top of the "healthy" section on the bmi scale
  • burnsds
    burnsds Posts: 12
    Options
    I gotta agree with ginny22890.

My wife was a little overweight (and so am I). She has lost over 20+ pounds in 2 months and is near 150 and she looks great - I mean HAWT!! I love her curves and the rest of her. Been married for 20 years. Be happy with yourself, and when you're not, do something about it.

I am working out now and losing, but I know my wife loves me the way I am. I have gained 40 pounds in the 23 years we have known each other. I intend to be at the weight she met me and married me at (205) and in good shape.

A boyfriend supports his woman, not being rude and a jerk. Dump his *kitten* and find someone that is kind and appreciates you, and more important, contributes to you feeling good about yourself. Good guys find ways to be nice, kind, and supportive.
    He sounds like a super douche bag. If you're happy with how you look that should be all that matters.....leave his *kitten*
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If that is what he thinks then dump him....
  • fab_fierce_fit
    fab_fierce_fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You need to find someone who lifts you up and encourages you to be the best version of you. This is not ok
    You need to move on. I can't believe he would say something like that to someone he 'loves'!
  • mama_speak
    Options
    It's awful and really insensitive for him to say something like that to you.[that's me putting it nicely] You deserve to be treated better, girl, to be with someone that lifts you up and loves you for YOU!!!
  • NoraisTreble
    NoraisTreble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OP - for most of my first marriage, I was 110 - 118 (5'4'') and size 0-2. Anytime I gained a few (5-10) my ex would tell me I was "swelling up," call me "wide-end," and generally make me feel like *kitten*. I am now married to a "real man" who loves me for who I am am, not for what I look like. I am on MFP because "I" want to lose some of the "love pounds" I have gained since I have been with him. I am now 139 lbs - which is more than I have weighed in my whole life - yet I am determine to be 125 (still more than I have ever been) because "I" will feel happier at that weight. My husband loves me completely, irregardless of what the scale says - or what my dress size is.
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This cannot be a real post surely?
    SShh.. don't tell anyone.

did ANYONE pick up on this?????????????????????
  • YVETTEGOAL160
    YVETTEGOAL160 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    healthy is the key word, he should encourage you not make you feel like you need to small to please him. MAKE YOU HAPPY :). GOOD LUCK
  • kathivg
    kathivg Posts: 30
    Options
    Kick the loser to the curb! :mad: He is not worth another thought in your head!

If you want to lose 10lbs, then lose it because you want to do it for yourself. :flowerforyou:

That little boy who you've been wasting your time with needs to run along, and you should wait for a real man to come along.:heart:

As Bugs Bunny used to say, "What a Maroon!" :bigsmile:
  • autumnmctaggart
    autumnmctaggart Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a super douche bag. If you're happy with how you look that should be all that matters.....leave his *kitten*

I totally agree!