Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Ok or not Ok

Options

Replies

• dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    :D
    To each his own! ;)

Ok to hint about a gift you'd like?

Yes if it’s subtle and not pushy.

Is it ok that I’ve been working on my computer for the last 5 hours but 4 hours of that has been checking in here and making/drinking coffee?
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Probably not ok with your boss, but we don't mind
    Continually putting down the toilet lid in the guest bathroom because it bugs you to see it up but you don't want to be rude to your guest by asking them to do it
  • dallsop417
    Options
    I hate the toilet lid left up too. I normally hope that as they must know they leave it up but see it down each time then they will get the hint but they never do. I try bringing up the issue in a separate convo like I’m talking about someone else or different situation where you can bring up about liking the lid left down. Could even say you heard a horror stories about a snake coming up the u-bend so now you always have to keep the lid down.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Continually putting down the toilet lid in the guest bathroom because it bugs you to see it up but you don't want to be rude to your guest by asking them to do it

It's what I'd do I'm guessing...They are 'the guest' and you don't want to embarrass them, etc., If they get the 'hint' - great, if not then that's fine too...

Expecting your guests to remove their shoes prior to party and not supplying 'slippers' for them to wear if they wish?
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    I hate the toilet lid left up too. I normally hope that as they must know they leave it up but see it down each time then they will get the hint but they never do. I try bringing up the issue in a separate convo like I’m talking about someone else or different situation where you can bring up about liking the lid left down. Could even say you heard a horror stories about a snake coming up the u-bend so now you always have to keep the lid down.

I do that too but take the scientific approach... I tell them that when you flush all the molecules of your feces and urine get jettisoned in the air landing on your towels and toothbrush. The evidence is a u.v. light or just the fact that if you smell it when it flushes, that's how far those molecules traveled because you detected it with your nose.
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

It's what I'd do I'm guessing...They are 'the guest' and you don't want to embarrass them, etc., If they get the 'hint' - great, if not then that's fine too...

Expecting your guests to remove their shoes prior to party and not supplying 'slippers' for them to wear if they wish?

Formal gathering, not ok. Informal, ok because usually informal gatherings are close friends who know your neat freak habits and accept/love you despite your quirks.

Interrupting a meeting with an apology but to give your negotiations ideas because you have to leave and already stayed over 30 mintues of when you were planning to leave.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Okay

Popping someone elses pimples
  • 88missycat88
    88missycat88 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not ok

Shower beers
  • Soon2BSuper
    Soon2BSuper Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Not ok

Shower beers

Depends on the Beer. :D

Not putting the shopping cart away at the mall
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Not okay

Sharing a toothbrush
  • dallsop417
    Options
    Depends who with and if an every day thing or not. Ok if with a partner and just because something happened to yours or was be mistake.

Watching a movie/show and wanting the bad guy to win
  • lauragreenbaum
    Options
    OK
    taking a photo of a celebrity you see at LAX without asking
  • dallsop417
    Options
    It’s ok. They must be used to it and they put themselves out there anyway so they can’t really moan. They get paid big money so it’s fine. Personally not something I would do though as I’m not interested in celebrities as they are just people doing a job just like everyone else.

Is it ok that I think celebrities are over rated and probably shouldn’t get attention that they do? 😂
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's okay I agree.

Popping your earbuds in at work to drone out the boring office talk
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Ok depends on the mood I’m in.

Calling in sick another week because you really feel like you would be over Exerting yourself and possibly hurt yourself.
  • lauragreenbaum
    Options
    OK- health comes first
    Asking someone who has cancer what type they have
  • dallsop417
    Options
    Ok I guess but need to read the situation first. Some might be ok them questions and showing interest/concern but others might not want to keep talking about it and want to try to have a normal life outside of the treatments and side effects that come with it.

Saying “no offence, but...........”
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Not ok, very tacky. You can wisely choose to temper any thought through classy diction and panache if you are witty enough.

Coughing without shielding with your bent elbow
  • lauragreenbaum
    Options
    Not ok
    Telling a friend you've lost respect for her because she's dating a married man
  • dallsop417
    Options
    Not ok
    Telling a friend you've lost respect for her because she's dating a married man

Not ok really if still being friends with her. I don’t agree with cheating but if others do then you can accept it or not be around them.

Dating someone to get a business deal done