What are your "no-no foods"?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Once I went to a 4 of July fair in Dallas, they were selling fried oreos, fried butter, fried snickers, fried everything...

That would go to my no-no food.. Because it's just wrong...

I think the State Fair of Texas is trying to set some kind of record as to what kinds of weird @ss things they can serve fried. I can't wait to see what it's going to be this year. I sort of would like to try a fried oreo though. LOL

How on earth do you fry butter?!?! *feels arteries clogging at the thought *
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Once I went to a 4 of July fair in Dallas, they were selling fried oreos, fried butter, fried snickers, fried everything...

I think the State Fair of Texas is trying to set some kind of record as to what kinds of weird @ss things they can serve fried. I can't wait to see what it's going to be this year. I sort of would like to try a fried oreo though. LOL

How on earth do you fry butter?!?! *feels arteries clogging at the thought *

It's weird... they coat it with dough and then flash fry it so all the butter doesn't melt out. It's a little like eating hot buttered rolls full of butter. lol

edited to say, and it's like chunks of butter not a whole stick. lol

I think other fairs are doing it now, but you can thank Texas for that little gem. :laugh:
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Have you ever had a fried oreo or fried snickers? They are YUUUUMMMMYYY!!! My daughters cheer squad did them one year for our homecoming booth and we had the longest line all day long & made alot of money! We'll fry anything in the South!!

I don't really cut anything out of my diet - rather eat in moderation and make sure it fits in my calorie range for the day. However there are certain foods that I have no resistance to so they're banned from my house! - Doritos, Oreos, Nutella are the main ones!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    nothing

I include all the foods I enjoy in my diet.

THIS X2 I cannot stress enough how important it is to eat this way.
  • JerricaJinx
    Options
    Just started on my weight loss and so far I've only cut out fast food and cut down on soda. I've also cut down on portion sizes and hoping to eventually stop soda altogether.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I cut out red meat, cows milk, citrus fruits and juices, most peppers and soy. I only cut these out for medical reasons though. Everything else is fair game. The only no no foods I have are only no no foods because they make physically ill.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Have you ever had a fried oreo or fried snickers? They are YUUUUMMMMYYY!!! My daughters cheer squad did them one year for our homecoming booth and we had the longest line all day long & made alot of money! We'll fry anything in the South!!

I don't really cut anything out of my diet - rather eat in moderation and make sure it fits in my calorie range for the day. However there are certain foods that I have no resistance to so they're banned from my house! - Doritos, Oreos, Nutella are the main ones!

NO! But I want to!
    I think I'm going to go to the fair this year and order about 5 different weird fried things and try them all. lol
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Stuff I NEVER eat anymore:

Soda pop. Haven't had an ounce of any soda (not even diet) since the first of the year.
    Flavored Coffeemate. That sweet creamy junk has 30-35 calories a tablespoon. Just drink all of my coffee black now.
    French fried potatoes. Love love them, but not good for me. Haven't had an order of fries all year either.
    Fast food burgers. Again haven't had a single one all year.
    Potato chips/Doritos/Cheetos. Delicious but just not healthy.
    Juice. Too much sugar with no fiber. Fresh Veggies and fruits are a huge part of my daily eating plan now. So much healthier.

As for foods I'll eat rarely, I will have the random serving of cake/ice cream for someone's birthday to be polite, but will try to keep the serving small. Occasionally if the wife makes something special for the family dessert I'll allow myself the small indulgence.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I think people have different perceptions of what a "no no" food is.
    For me, it's about trigger foods... Foods I KNOW I cannot stop eating: Little Debbies/pastries/cookies & homebaked goods. Excellent warm, fresh crusty bread & butter. Nachos/artichoke dip if eating out. White pasta. Sugary cereals. Candy bars.

Chips, pretzels and ice cream (and most "dinner-type" foods) I will likely never over-eat. And I know I need to be especially mindful of my trigger foods during emotional times. I am doing well so far this time, and am very optimistic!
  • Ashleymarie88
    Ashleymarie88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i just eat real clean food. Nothing processed and i try to keep it as organic as possible...i never drink soda but that is because i just dont like soda. every once in a while its ok to indulge yourself just keep it in moderation and keep it clean :)
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want as long as my macros are on target. My carbs are on the low end, so if I were to eat a whole bunch of processed junk like white bread, pasta, sugary drinks, etc, it would be hell trying to get my numbers to come out right, so I do avoid that kind of stuff for the most part.
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I excluse Meat, dairy, eggs, processed foods, everything with white flour, soda, chips, basically i eat a plant based diet with the most natural things possible , of course sometimes i indulge but i choose a healthier option,for example coconut ice cream (dairy free) or whole wheat waffles :)
  • sadiatmannan
    Options
    Alcohol, because I don't drink =D