What are your "no-no foods"?

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts! Nasty.
    I don't drink regular soda because I never had it as a kid and I think it tastes gross. But I like a little Coke Zero every once in a while.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    No-No foods:

chicken - because I had a bad experience and associate it to dead bodies now, long story
    turkey - reminds me of chicken
    other meats that taste like chicken - see above
    soda - I've never drank soda because the bubbles hurt my tongue when i was a child. I've tried sips... still can't do it.
    coffee - I'm highly sensitive to caffeine. I had tiramisu once and didn't sleep for 48 hours. true story.
    fruit smoothies - i'm fructose intolerant and a 5 servings of fruit all at once is just overkill

I dont like eggs and mushrooms, but i'll eat them if they're there ... :grumble:

Everything else, bring it on!!!! Some things are best in moderation, but you gotta enjoy life a little!
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have decided to exclude from my diet:

- All junk food
    - Pastries
    - White bread
    - Any meat besides fish
    - Sugar
    - Pasta
    - Noodles
    - Juice
    - Soda pop
    - Condiments (ranch, mayo etc.)

What would you list as foods that you no longer eat?

You'll lose quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time but after restricting for months you'll start to crack, which leads to bingeing (at least that's what happened to me!)
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    None. I will limit certain foods like chips, but I will still eat them.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with binge eating, otherwise I'd eat anything too - there is just no moderation with me for some things.

- chips
    - fruit snacks
    - chocolates
    - chocolate chip cookies
    - any type of snack cracker
    - macaroni and cheese (can/will down 2 boxes)
    - sugary candies - the corn syrupy stuff

These are things that I have to avoid for my success! I'm doing pretty well without them, too.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink my calories either. Not because it's particularly bad but because it's too easy to take in a lot of calories when it's in a drink.

Good point. I do the same exact thing. It's tea (black), coffee (black) or water for me. I'm really, really trying to stop drinking diet soda. I know it's low-to-no calorie, but it's not good for you either. (at work so no sources, just google it if you really want to verify).
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The only foods I exclude from my diet are foods that I don't like.

Yep This....... :drinker:

Same here. I do however, skip the packaged/processed stuff.
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The very reason I'm counting calories is because I like all kind of foods including your list, so there's no "no-no foods" for me. Everything with moderation.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    No white rice
    No ...uh... that's about it, and only because I like the taste of brown rice better.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All food. I only eat air from the mountains because it is pure.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    All food. I only eat air from the mountains because it is pure.

I hear sunshine is a good addition to that air diet....
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't have any no-no foods, I choose not to label foods. If it fits into my day, I eat it.

exactly. this is how weight loss happens. if i want a cookie. i eat a damn cookie. Just not 5 and not every day after every meal. Moderation and portion control are the key. Although I don't really drink soda anymore and am Gluten/Dairy free due to health reasons, it doesnt mean I don't indulge every once in a while. It's just important to make sure the majority of your diet is clean. :)
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    My no-no foods are french fries, chicken nuggets, doritos, and white castle.....because when I eat them I go wayyy over my macros lol.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I never fully eliminate anything. It's likely to crave your fave foods time-to-time. Eat them in moderation or you may binge eventually! Good luck!!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fried Butter. Anything else goes. Oh and shrimp which I'm kind of allergic to but I still sometimes eat that.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    deep fried chicken feet.

Never had them but they are on my nono list....short list.

I love food all of it...yummy yummy food.
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i certainly have foods i avoid because i hate them (meat, eggs) and foods i avoid because they trigger me (fresh baked breads, anything peanut butter and chocolate) and foods i don't eat because i don't think they're healthy enough/filling enough to spend the calories on (chips, full fat dairy) and foods that physically make me feel bad (wheat in general) but NOTHING that i would say i completely exclude from my diet.

i might just have some deep fried sweet and sour chicken for dinner, because it's super yummy and i've wanted some for like a week. i just won't follow it up with a big bowl of ice cream and a snack of sour cream and cheddar cheese chips.

oh, and i'm from 'merica and i have always thought twinkies and pop-tarts are nasty. so :/
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    nothing

I include all the foods I enjoy in my diet.

agreed.

I don't eat mushrooms... because I don't like them.
    And eel- I refuse to eat eel.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    While I was losing weight I didn't have any off limit foods. Now I'm in maintenance and have recently switched to a whole foods, plant based diet. I no longer eat-

meat, except for a 3-4 ounce local, grass fed steak a couple times a month when we go to the in-laws
    dairy
    eggs
    processed snacks/food/condiments-usually things that have more than 3 or 4 ingredients
    fast food
    'white' bread, rice, pasta etc. Stick with whole grains now
    calorie beverages, except for tomato juice in my green smoothies (a natural blood thinner-to help prevent more blood clots)
    candy, except for a square of 85% dark chocolate a couple times a week

I enjoy eating the way I do now, and I have no cravings for the things I've cut out :)
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I don't exclude anything but I know certain foods are a baaaaaaad idea to start eating.... Doritos, chips and salsa, cereal (dry), popcorn >:)