- White bread
    - Any meat besides fish
    - Sugar
    - Pasta
    - Noodles
    - Juice
    - Soda pop
    - Condiments (ranch, mayo etc.)

What would you list as foods that you no longer eat?

I really don't have any foods that I don't eat. If it fits in my day
    then I eat it. I choose not to have granulated sugars because I
    do not like them. I'm not a pop drinker by nature, but if I feel
    like having one, then I do. It's simple really, everything in moderation.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nothing. If it fits my plan, I eat it. I haven't been drinking soda for many years though.
  • Skeletor666
    Skeletor666 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nothing

I include all the foods I enjoy in my diet.

Same, Op's post excluding all meat except fish.. Strong wtf..
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts because I love them!! And each one has 200 calories and I can never have just one!
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    As soon as I tell myself that I can't have it, I want it.

Even if I told myself I couldn't eat cow tongue, I'd probably want it just a little bit.

So, ya. No "no-no" foods.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. I just hate it. It is *not* a good substitute for mashed potatoes, pizza crust, etc. because it's freakin' CAULIFLOWER and it's gross!

Okay, I've been holding that one in for months. :drinker:

Yeah I tried a recipe once that was supposed to be a mashed potato substitute with mashed up cauliflower instead. Just NO. NASTY.
  • smantha32
    Options

As an aside, I bought my daughter a pop tart from a local store that stocks US candy the other week (they're not commonly available in New Zealand). I had a small bite just to say I'd tried one and frankly I couldn't believe it was even classified as food.!And don't even get me started on twinkies and those cookie dough bite things! :tongue: *hides* :glasses:

Pop tarts in the US are like little rectangles of delicious heaven. For some reason in other countries they're like cardboard. I often wonder why.
  • smantha32
    Options
    No-No foods:

chicken - because I had a bad experience and associate it to dead bodies now, long story

I confess... I'd realllly love to hear that story. lol
  • Nitephall
    Nitephall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Butter. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Carl's Junior's Double Western Bacon Burger. Pizza.

On a side note, I've noticed several profile pics on these forums of very thin people. I don't know if people are posting pics of themselves, or pics of thinner people as a form of inspiration. What alarms me is that if a lot of these pics of the posters are themselves, many of you don't need to be doing this program, and you're certainly not overweight. Still, I guess it's good to stick to heart-healthy foods no matter what your weight is.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    the only thing i've been actively cutting down on is soda - but everything else goes

And this^ I also don't drink soda anymore. Only water, tea and rarely coffee.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Once I went to a 4 of July fair in Dallas, they were selling fried oreos, fried butter, fried snickers, fried everything...

That would go to my no-no food.. Because it's just wrong...

Other than that, everything goes if it fits on my allowance. I tried the no carb diet, worked for some weeks and then I was back to the beginning... I like this method better :)

Edit to add: Octopus and Calamari are on my list because they-re nasty animals and even more nasty food!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Things that make me sick to eat or spike my blood sugar or trigger a binge.

Fast food
    processed food
    bread
    grains
    sugar
    most dairy
    sweets
    soda
    super hot/spicy things
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid anything due to being on a diet, but there are foods that I've always tried to avoid in general for years on the basis that I don't think they're particularly good for your health long-term and they are:

- MSG
    - Corn syrup
    - Margarine
    - Artificial sweeteners, additives and preservatives

I grew up with a hippy Mother who grew or foraged most of what we ate so I never got into the whole culture of takeaways and processed foods and that's pretty much stuck with me throughout life. I've never eaten a McDonalds...something which I save for those silly 'team day icebreakers' because it makes people blink and start asking if I've ever had a Burger King/Nandos/Taco Bell etc (I haven't)
  • bethanrosex
    Options
    I've excluded all junk, processed crap, pasta, rice, bread, pretty much anything with added sugar, flavoured yoghurt, cheese except low fat cottage, crap processed cereals, high sugar granolas
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Nothings off limit I eat everything I like and love just in moderation I'm not going to restrict myself of certain foods as I'll end up with cravings and binges so moderation for me :)
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    As soon as I tell myself that I can't have it, I want it.

Even if I told myself I couldn't eat cow tongue, I'd probably want it just a little bit.

So, ya. No "no-no" foods.

Oh! So true for me!
  • fatzant
    fatzant Posts: 40
    Options
    I love food! hence I got to the size I did, why would I exclude what I enjoy! I diet to have the body I want to live my life that includes the odd naughty treat!

all foods in moderation, I have very good days that allow me to treat myself when I really want it

I LOVE FOOD WHY EXCLUDE IT, JUST LEARN TO EAT THE GOOD STUFF IN MODERATION
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No-no foods:

Carrots
    Mushrooms
    Bananas
    Cauliflower
    peas
    Squash
    Coconut
    broccoli

Gross!!!!!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Flaming Hot Cheetos would be my no-no food.

On that note, I should exclude anything resembling a tortilla chip. I seem to have absolutely zero willpower when it comes to those things. Is there some sort of hypnotherapy or detox camp or something I can attend for that? :tongue:
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    processed foods
    and soda(replaced with water