February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Fantastic race @garygse. Very inspiring, and really shows that good training works. Awesome work.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    JulieS3103 wrote: »
    Congrats @greyparks206 @garygse You both had awesome races!!

For my race report -
    Today was the Steve Cullen 8k race, it was 10F with no wind so I was super excited about that. Last year I finished in 55:43 and I knew I could run it faster this year but I didn't really have a specific goal in mind. I was a little nervous about ice but they did a great job salting so I never slipped once. The course is really nice that you get to see other racers when you turn around at 3 points and I had friends racing as well so I know I run faster when I get to see friends out there. I was looking at my time every now and then and I realized I was going to get my 5K PR by a few seconds and I still had 2 miles to go. I still felt pretty good at this point so I covered up my Garmin and just kept going. I did get a side cramp in mile 4 but it wasn't too bad. The finish is on a hill so that was tough but I finished in 48:56!! I'm so excited and it was a great race to start off 2019 with.

Awesome job
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile well done! Sounds like you just need to trip someone at the next race and you got this in the bag! ;)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Today's plan was to do a "2 hour run" - but instead I worked on tax prep paperwork for 4 hours. That should count I think! And it turns out that I can not finish as I had planned cause I am missing documents. Yay! Now to spend all those wonderful hours calling/emailing/begging people to send documents so that I can pay the government off for another year...

(I really have no problem paying taxes, just wish it was not so flipping complicated to do! I mean could you imagine if McDonalds made you fill out 500 forms and what not before they allowed you to give them money? Crazy!)

Ever since I read about the Scandinavian system of sending pre-filled tax returns the clunkiness of the US tax system has really chapped my kitten. And then I found out how much money TurboTax has put into lobbying against streamlining tax filing and let’s just say I definitely don’t give them money anymore.

If running pants came with back pockets, I would totally try the hand-warmer thing.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Today's plan was to do a "2 hour run" - but instead I worked on tax prep paperwork for 4 hours. That should count I think! And it turns out that I can not finish as I had planned cause I am missing documents. Yay! Now to spend all those wonderful hours calling/emailing/begging people to send documents so that I can pay the government off for another year...

(I really have no problem paying taxes, just wish it was not so flipping complicated to do! I mean could you imagine if McDonalds made you fill out 500 forms and what not before they allowed you to give them money? Crazy!)

Ever since I read about the Scandinavian system of sending pre-filled tax returns the clunkiness of the US tax system has really chapped my kitten. And then I found out how much money TurboTax has put into lobbying against streamlining tax filing and let’s just say I definitely don’t give them money anymore.

If running pants came with back pockets, I would totally try the hand-warmer thing.

if you get a cycling shirt, it might cover your bum and many of them come with a back pocket(s)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

if you get a cycling shirt, it might cover your bum and many of them come with a back pocket(s)

I have heard that cycling shirts are longer, but I didn't know about the pockets! I'm pretty short so most shirts are long enough for some rear coverage, though it's taken some trial and error to figure out what to tuck into what for comfort and so on. Honestly, I think the thing I miss the most about running in the summer is not having to think so much about my clothes.
  • mbaker566
    edited February 2019
    Options

I have heard that cycling shirts are longer, but I didn't know about the pockets! I'm pretty short so most shirts are long enough for some rear coverage, though it's taken some trial and error to figure out what to tuck into what for comfort and so on. Honestly, I think the thing I miss the most about running in the summer is not having to think so much about my clothes.

I have two words for you that will solve the pocket issue: Duct Tape.

might i suggest velcro instead :wink:

@MegaMooseEsq here's an example
    example 2

ooh zippers
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

I have two words for you that will solve the pocket issue: Duct Tape.

Eeeehhhh, I feel like the removal of said duct tape could be an issue. That said, I did remember that two of my shorts have large side pockets - not quite perfect placement, but maybe worth a shot!