February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I did ask the guy, and he said the faster pace times are usually split across two runners, with each runner running just half the race...however, the person who was slotted to run the first half wasn't able to make it, and they didn't have time to find a replacement.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @7lenny7 I did ask the guy, and he said the faster pace times are usually split across two runners, with each runner running just half the race...however, the person who was slotted to run the first half wasn't able to make it, and they didn't have time to find a replacement.

That makes sense. Thank goodness they guy doing the last half showed. I imagine thats better than the first half.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I saw these and thought of you - tights with a double layer butt! Also: pockets!

https://www.skirtsports.com/product/toasty-tights/?avad=55097_b14ff96cd

LMAO at “hamhock-*kitten*”. I’m going to have to check my budget...

If I had money in my slush fund right now.... I would be inclined to buy said tights just to support their phrasing.... and maybe have a pair of winter tights that fit my current level of fluff.... but mostly the first thing
  • hoshaugh73
    hoshaugh73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @hoshaugh73 Where I was running on Sat. on an icy paved trail, it was mostly a sheet of ice with slick snow on top (wet, but iced snow... almost as bad as ice). There was a pond at one point where some geese were hanging out. I noticed some of the geese were walking downhill on the icy snow in the grass towards the pond, and were sliding. They were very slowly putting one food in front of the other and sliding when their foot hit the ground. Until they stopped sliding, they wouldn't pick up their other foot for the next step. It was somewhat comical to watch. I fell only once, and it was on a downhill. Sure, I slid several times, like the geese, but only once did I lose my balance and completely fall to the ground. That's the trick in the slick areas... slide all you want, just don't lose your balance and keep at least one foot on the ground.

@midwesterner85 That sounds hilarious! Surprisingly I stayed upright on the trail, usually that doesn't happen on the best of days. 😀
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    02/01........11M.......0.0M
    02/02........20M.......0.0M
    02/03........00M.......0.0M
    02/04........13M.......3.8M
    02/05........00M.......3.5M
    02/06........09M.......1.0M
    02/07........00M.......3.5M
    02/08........00M.......0.0M
    02/09........11M.......0.0M
    02/10........00M.......0.0M
    02/11........07M.......3.5M

---MTD: 15.6 miles walking, 71 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.