Haters gonna hate. tired of the "1200 is not enough" speech

Options

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    People who say 1200 is not enough are either still overweight or they lost or are losing weight the "right way" (slower) but are jealous because other people have found success losing weight faster at 1200 without any ill effects.

:blushing: darn it you caught me. i am so embarrassed. i feel so silly. I have wasted so much of my time being jealous of those who are full after eating 1200 calories. oh whoa is me oh whoa is me.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    People who say 1200 is not enough are either still overweight or they lost or are losing weight the "right way" (slower) but are jealous because other people have found success losing weight faster at 1200 without any ill effects.

lolwut?
    lol yes, how terrible. I must go weep now. Over chocolate protein pancakes in coconut oil with peanut butter and avocado and 10hr smoked BBQ pulled pork and salads with nuts and goat cheese and deserts *weep*
    btw the desert was so good there were tears of joy
  • huligoo
    huligoo Posts: 25
    Options
    I eat 800 calories and my weight is stalled! I am 5'8 and weigh 249......I did have gastric sleeve....I dont want my hair to fall out...and I know I should INCREASE my food intake as well...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Or the "right" way actually turns out to be the right way, and they want others to be as successful as they have been.

Or they lost the wrong way, and they want others to be saved the hassle of going through what they went through.

Or they just want other people to be healthy. What horrible people they must be.

love your rusty pic! happy little trees! :flowerforyou:

Thank you!
  • megan020103
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I was new to the forums and one posting about netting less than 1200. Personally, I am grateful for those that contributed as it allowed me to see different perspectives and get an idea of where I need to be. Some people came across harsh (though sometimes words on a computer screen seem that way) but their intentions were to be helpful.

I am 5'2". Currently 126 lbs with a goal weight of 115. I am very active - workout 6 days a week with an average calorie burn of 400-500 daily PLUS weight lifting. I was consistently netting approx. 900 calories. I felt fine and was losing weight. I put some thought into what others had suggested, ran the calculators available online (BMR is 1251 and TDEE is 1700-1800), and decided to increase my calories to a steady 1400-1500 and just not even worry about exercise calories. This was my first week at these numbers. I found my performance at the gym has been incredible. My mood is improved (though I never even realized I was grumpy). I lost 1 pound, but more than that I can actually SEE a difference - lost an inch in my waist and hips. I finally feel like I am at the right numbers for me - thanks to the people that helped me with their comments. I don't feel like they were haters! (Though maybe the thought crossed my mind when reading it. lol)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

You are right . * flex in front of the mirror, put on size 2 pants, eat 1200 calories for diner* you are so so right.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

You are right . * flex in front of the mirror, put on size 2 pants, eat 1200 calories for diner* you are so so right.
    Ha - exactly!

Yeah, I was real jealous eating lower calories, losing weight quickly, and loving my smaller yet still soft and squishy self, in my new size 8 pants. NOT. :noway:

I'll stick with eating more calories, losing FAT, keeping my muscles, and enjoying my much firmer body in my new size 2 & 4 (depending on brand) pants, thankyouverymuch.

:drinker:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of people who don't even eat half as much as I do.

Sounds legit.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Very negative!! I thought this was a site where people support each other... wow.

It's a fitness site, not a support group.

Well that's real wrong! What do you think the Community boards are for?

Interaction, advice, ideas... community interaction. There is a support section within the site but the entire site is not dedicated to hand holding, kudos and ignoring bad information.

Also, the name of the site was my biggest tip off: My Fitness Pal, not My Support Pal
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of people who don't even eat half as much as I do.

Sounds legit.

ndssh.jpg?w=562
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I don't even know where to begin with this one. Let's do a checklist.

1. No supporting evidence? Check
    2. Totally false? Check
    3. Hilarious? Check
    4. Worthy of a serious response? Nope

3/4, not too shabby. I'll call it a winner.
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

original.gif

Love this... and it is proof that everyone sees it their own way... cause I am overweight and by no means am I jealous of anyone who is skinny and eating low calories.... LOL.. that was humorous for my to even type.... I know with my muscle and my activity level... there is no way I would want to eat that low of calories... it would ruin my body!! It also would probably cause me to loose my butt and muscle tone!!! Which... I love my booty and all my curvy figure... I was just looking at thinspiration and wondering how can that be that anyone would want that body... one girl was beautiful.. fit and figured.. then she showed an after pic and she was skin and bones... no boobs or butt left... I am not making fun of those that are just skinny individuals... but don't think everyone want what you got... some may... but not all of us... some of us love what we have!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE probably isn't that low.
  • Juanwi
    Juanwi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Taliasmommy78
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    Here's a great calculator to figure out how much to eat for your body. I'm new too and someone posted this and it helped.

Thanks for that link. It tells me to eat around 1578 a day. MFP has me at 1280, but I exercise everyday and eat my calories back, so I actually consume around 1500ish calories, so seems pretty close as long as I"m eating my exercise calories back.
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Very negative!! I thought this was a site where people support each other... wow.

It's a fitness site, not a support group.

Well that's real wrong! What do you think the Community boards are for?

Interaction, advice, ideas... community interaction. There is a support section within the site but the entire site is not dedicated to hand holding, kudos and ignoring bad information.

Also, the name of the site was my biggest tip off: My Fitness Pal, not My Support Pal

I need you to friend me.. cause me and you see some things very much alike... I had someone else say this same thing to me.... She needed like 1800 calories one day and ate something 700.. I told her I hope she watches her diet better.. another time I told her if she continued she would not like long term results, considering she did have a figure... I then gave up and replied to another that they ought to do the same.... she in boxed me telling me I was being supportive... I was like UN-supportive. and then lectured me about how this site was all about supporting others dieting habits...LOL . would you support me if I was eating candy and cake daily then complaining cause I couldn't loose weight.. or would you be honest and help me? People just want you to pat them on the back and say ok... your right.. good job eating 700 calories today after your hour workout! Hope you feel good in the a.m.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

lolwut?

tumblr_lnn48cVAjO1qdlkgg.gif
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

The ones I'm jealous of are those who can't eat enough to get to 1200 calories because they are too full. Right now, no amount of food, no matter how much fiber, protein, and fat gets taken in, is filling me up. (An unfortunate byproduct of medical problems.)

(This was a joking comment. I'd be happy with getting full at 1500 calories these days.)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    h9AC9F2EC
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    funny-gifs-scars-new-job.gif
    funny-gif-selection1.gif?w=293&h=228
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I don't understand all this "haters" and "jealous" melodrama. Given that most of us are adults with the free will to set our calorie budgets at whatever level we think is appropriate, why would any of us waste one single drop of negative emotional energy on what anyone else is doing? Or on what other people think of what we're doing? Interest is one thing, but there's no reason to really care unless you lack confidence in your own choices.