Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Ok got a good tip/reminder

I used to eat a LOT more fruit
    Which might have quelled my sweet cravings
    Also, it doubled my fiber
    And my sugars are the same now, so the sweets replaced the fruits...

Eating 5+ servings a day with goal of 10 by mid April.

✅✅3/14
    Breakfast 18.6oz ✅
    Lunch 5.6 oz ✅
    Dinner 2 oz✅
    Snack 3!oz✅
    & (drumroll) NO SUGAR!!
    Low sodium!!

Now to do it again tomorrow hopefully
    ❌3/15
    Breakfast 1
    Lunch 1
    Dinner 1
    Veggies - not enough

🎉3/16
    Breakfast 1✅ 1 sweet
    Lunch✅
    Dinner✅
    Veggies ✅

🎉3/17
    Breakfast1✅1 sweet
    Lunch✅
    Dinner✅
    Veggies✅

3/18
    Breakfast✅
    Lunch1 ✅ 1 sweet
    Dinner
    Veggies

3/19
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Veggies

3/20
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner

Congratulations! I hope the last two days went well for you!

@Stormtrooper101
    Thank you!
    Was gone- updated above!
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in, let's see how I go.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Weird, my update didn’t go through.

3/19
    NO SUGAR ✅
    1090 mg Sodium ✅
    42 g Fiber ✅
  • Stormtrooper101
    Stormtrooper101 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weird, my update didn’t go through.

3/19
    NO SUGAR ✅
    1090 mg Sodium ✅
    42 g Fiber ✅

Congrats! Sounds like the challenge is going well for you!
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    I have been very reluctant to admit to myself that I am not happy with what I’m eating and the weight that I am at, so I’m going to challenge myself to do a week of sugar-free eating. Looking through my past few days on MyFitnessPal, the only thing pushing up my calorie count is sugary snacks. Eating less sugar should reduce the amount of cravings I have and really boost my weight loss.

I am starting this adapted version of the challenge today, and anyone willing to join me is welcome to try it out!
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I only managed about 20 hours, I'm starting again today.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I have been very reluctant to admit to myself that I am not happy with what I’m eating and the weight that I am at, so I’m going to challenge myself to do a week of sugar-free eating. Looking through my past few days on MyFitnessPal, the only thing pushing up my calorie count is sugary snacks. Eating less sugar should reduce the amount of cravings I have and really boost my weight loss.

I am starting this adapted version of the challenge today, and anyone willing to join me is welcome to try it out!

You can do it, @Stormtrooper101 !!
    What are your strategies to insure your success?
    Water?
    Exercise?
    Calling a friend?
  • malinichak2712
    malinichak2712 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in. Starting 03/21 for three days, I will try and consume sugar.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    3 days! Success!
    3/19-3/21 ✅✅✅
    Finally :)
    ** note: I do allow myself up to 1 oz of very dark choc in 1/2 oz piece/meal
    And up to 53g of Kashi flax cereal
    And one (healthier) pastry every three days
  • Stormtrooper101
    edited March 2019
    Options

You can do it, @Stormtrooper101 !!
    What are your strategies to insure your success?
    Water?
    Exercise?
    Calling a friend?
    I am a very avid swimmer and runner, and as of more recently I’ve been drinking a lot more water. Due to genetics I become bloated very easily, so I’m deciding to try a new method of green tea in the morning and a detox tea at night in addition to lots of water. Doing this has helped me stay of track when it comes to snacking and sugar, because it helps me feel more like myself and more energetic.
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    3 days! Success!
    3/19-3/21 ✅✅✅
    Finally :)
    ** note: I do allow myself up to 1 oz of very dark choc in 1/2 oz piece/meal
    And up to 53g of Kashi flax cereal
    And one (healthier) pastry every three days
    Congratulations! This challenge is definitely not the easiest, and most people don’t realize that we happen to eat sugar more regularly then we would have guessed.

You’re dark chocolate idea was brilliant, seeing as it really does satisfy the sweet tooth and has been proven to have health benefits.
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    Hi, I am in. Starting 03/21 for three days, I will try and consume sugar.
    Welcome! How did the challenge end up for you?
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    I only managed about 20 hours, I'm starting again today.
    Sometimes even going 20 hours without eating something sugary can really help cleanse out your body. I hope the 2nd attempt went well for you!
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    So far the 7-day challenge is going very well. Not only have I seen a drop in my calorie count but I’ve definitely seen a loss in my cravings, not only for sweets but for other foods I should be avoiding.

3/20:
    3/21: I caved in after lunch and had a ricecake with nutella, which I would recommend to anyone with a sweet tooth looking for an alternative to almost anything chocolate.
    3/22:
    3/23:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @Stormtrooper101
    I’m glad you’ve found ways that work for you with the green & detox teas.

Do you sip your water or drink it a cup at a time? I’ve heard sipping is best for our utilization of the water. I stopped downing 2 cups at a time. I will still do one cup, but I try to drink in 1/2 cup increments now (except awakening 1-2 cups as recommended by nutritionists you’re-hydrate our bodies.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Going for 8 days.

3/24
    3/25
    3/26
    3/27
    3/28
    3/29
    3/30
    3/31

OK Daily:
    Up to 1 oz dark choc in 1/2 oz at meals only.
    Up to 53g Kashi Flax cereal

Note to self:
    Even a little can seem fine, but repeatedly you’ve found it mushrooms until you’re eating out & the scale keeps climbing. Admit it to yourself. NO SUGAR. Go. Back to your prior way of eating. You were never hungry & you never had this fear of regaining & negating all of your hard work...
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Going for 8 days.

3/24✅
    3/25
    3/26
    3/27
    3/28
    3/29
    3/30
    3/31

OK Daily:

Note to self:
    Even a little can seem fine, but repeatedly you’ve found it mushrooms until you’re eating out & the scale keeps climbing. Admit it to yourself. NO SUGAR. Go. Back to your prior way of eating. You were never hungry & you never had this fear of regaining & negating all of your hard work...
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    @Stormtrooper101
    I’m glad you’ve found ways that work for you with the green & detox teas.

Do you sip your water or drink it a cup at a time? I’ve heard sipping is best for our utilization of the water. I stopped downing 2 cups at a time. I will still do one cup, but I try to drink in 1/2 cup increments now (except awakening 1-2 cups as recommended by nutritionists you’re-hydrate our bodies.
    So normally I’ll try and drink a whole cup the moment I wake up, but aside from that I just make sure I always have a water bottle on me to stay hydrated throughout the day. The awakening 1-2 cups definitely helps wake me up and feeling fresher, and it can help you control how much you eat at the first meal.
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    Going for 8 days.

3/24✅
    3/25
    3/26
    3/27
    3/28
    3/29
    3/30
    3/31

OK Daily:

Note to self:
    Congrats on the first day sucess! And you’re right, even when we just grab for the smallest sweet it can escalate and affect all the hard work we’ve put in trying to lose weight. Good luck as you progress with the rest of your challenge!
  • Stormtrooper101
    Options
    Yesterday was another success, and this was very surprising to me. I had eaten out and the desert arrangement was one of the biggest things at the buffet. I kept telling myself I would regret it later and managed to keep myself in check.

3/20:
    3/21: ❌ (Nutella Ricecake)
    3/22:
    3/23:
    3/24: