Water Fast

Options
1235»

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    i love my food to much to give it up....best of luck to you OP! let's hope you don't get get any sicker...like get gout or something.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ohhh lordy!! :huh:

Dumbing down of Americans. Just saying. :sick:
  • BurningAway
    Options
    The fasting high that you experience during longer fasts are due to an increased release of endorphins (the body’s natural pain killers) – similar to the endorphin high experienced by long distance running. Endorphins alleviate pain by binding to mu opioid receptors located on neurons within the brain and spinal cord. Ultimately, this is part of the reason why starvation can become addicting and partly explains the biology behind Anorexia Nervosa. There are several other biological and environmental causes for anorexia, and a lot of it has to do with brain chemicals being out of whack – especially serotonin seems to be a main issue with regard to whether one develops Anorexia.

I figured youd need this since im pretty sure your heading down that road.
  • johnmike91
    johnmike91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to stop my fast at 37 hours thanks to all who commented. I am tired, have no energy and have to work in the morning. Thanks everyone for the advice!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to stop my fast at 37 hours thanks to all who commented. I am tired, have no energy and have to work in the morning. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Sounds like a plan! Protein and some healthy sugars through fruit would probably be a good start. Good luck!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options