Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    zeesparrow wrote: »
    I should investigate a way of shipping cake internationally... Fedex anyone? lol

@zeesparrow its frustrating isn't it! foam rolling is so good, when we remember to do it.
    @Elise4270 thinking of you! never fun having surgery.
    @shanaber sadly I've just gone past the return policy. of course lol

International same day delivery might be a tad expensive. Although perhaps we can share the cost between us. Just have to get everyone in one spot. lol

30 minutes cross training on the bike is done! A little higher level and slower but over 7 miles completed. Time for lasagna!

LOL you send it frozen in dry ice - once thawed they still taste amazing, it's the trick to baking, freezing things is actually your friend! Never actually done it but heard of it done. Fedex actually have info on their page haha and even have cold packages! 48hr cooling time for $46 USD. However the shipping rate is around $150usd lol thats an expensive piece of cake.though I'd argue my cakes are worth it ;) I know within the states its cheap as. So I'd send it to one person, who can cut it up and send it on. A decorated cake will stay moist and tasty for about a week.
    most recent creation lpr9bou3fofj.jpg

For my friends twins birthday
    ktrr7pdeig4e.jpg

This needs a DROOL reaction thingy.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I should investigate a way of shipping cake internationally... Fedex anyone? lol

@zeesparrow its frustrating isn't it! foam rolling is so good, when we remember to do it.

International same day delivery might be a tad expensive. Although perhaps we can share the cost between us. Just have to get everyone in one spot. lol

30 minutes cross training on the bike is done! A little higher level and slower but over 7 miles completed. Time for lasagna!

LOL you send it frozen in dry ice - once thawed they still taste amazing, it's the trick to baking, freezing things is actually your friend! Never actually done it but heard of it done. Fedex actually have info on their page haha and even have cold packages! 48hr cooling time for $46 USD. However the shipping rate is around $150usd lol thats an expensive piece of cake.though I'd argue my cakes are worth it ;) I know within the states its cheap as. So I'd send it to one person, who can cut it up and send it on. A decorated cake will stay moist and tasty for about a week.

ktrr7pdeig4e.jpg

I do a really amazing Gluten free chocolate cake. all the chocolate goodness. Even I, who do not do gluten free at all, would have eaten it all. moist, decadent and so chocolaty
  • Avidkeo
    Options

ktrr7pdeig4e.jpg

I do a really amazing Gluten free chocolate cake. all the chocolate goodness. Even I, who do not do gluten free at all, would have eaten it all. moist, decadent and so chocolaty

I actually have made GF cakes and put them out without telling anyone and they rant and rave about how good they are. My big weakness is in the decorating though. Your cakes LOOK killer. Light years beyond what I can do.

Love it! Yeah most people turn their nose up at GF cause they just think "dry". it doesn't have to be.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Ran 18km this morning (plus 800m to drop kids at school first). Was a lovely day for it - Autumn is starting to show so air was cooler. Still a sweat fest though. Mad panic before I left home as the girls had being playing with my two running hats the day prior and had mislaid them. In the frenzied and futile 15 minute search I not only failed to locate the hats but failed to eat all my breakfast or half my coffee or drink a glass of water. I can't run without a hat (hair/sunscreen/sweat/shade) so had to make do with an ugly old one from goodness knows where. Upshot of the disastrous start to the day was I consequently ran out of steam with three or four kilometres to go. Dehydrated as well. Got home without slowing too much but it was a real effort. Have headache now and aching from the waist down as a result. Whoops. Won't make those errors again.

Hugs! My girls are also always playing with my gear. Drives me bonkers! And I hear you on autumn, we had 4ain today yay! Tanks are dry lol
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @Elise4270 hugs and the like, here's to a speedy recovery!
    @Avidkeo I am so in awe of people with cake-decorating abilities like that! My aunt does some amazing stuff (she worked as a cook for the British royal family when I was very young) and I always wish some of that talent had come through the family tree to me, but nope. I tried to make my daughter a unicorn birthday cake a couple of years ago... let's just say if you've ever imagined a unicorn on crack in a rainstorm I created one!

Now that sounds like a cool cake! I've always liked decorating but really got into it the last couple of years, having kids brings it out lol. Im enjoying the challenge and learning so much but am definitely still a novice. Was just watching man about cake. Now that's some mad skills!