March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Today's notes – We continue to have beautiful weather, for January.

HA! So true.

@Avidkeo you probably already got the point but I'm jumping in too... get the mixer! And I'm hoping you'll resolve whatever's going on with your calves soon.

I've been fighting quite a bit of tightness in my left calf since overdoing it some time ago. It doesn't hurt to run, and is only tight and a little painful after rest (early in the morning or after sitting for a while). _I_ just need to get serious about foam rolling regularly.

Today is a rest day cross training day. I walked the dogs this morning but it wasn't much of a cross training exercise. I'll get on the bike for half an hour after work. (And now that I've said it, please hold me accountable.)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I should investigate a way of shipping cake internationally... Fedex anyone? lol

@zeesparrow its frustrating isn't it! foam rolling is so good, when we remember to do it.
    @Elise4270 thinking of you! never fun having surgery.
    @shanaber sadly I've just gone past the return policy. of course lol
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I should investigate a way of shipping cake internationally... Fedex anyone? lol

@zeesparrow its frustrating isn't it! foam rolling is so good, when we remember to do it.
    @Elise4270 thinking of you! never fun having surgery.
    @shanaber sadly I've just gone past the return policy. of course lol

International same day delivery might be a tad expensive. Although perhaps we can share the cost between us. Just have to get everyone in one spot. lol

30 minutes cross training on the bike is done! A little higher level and slower but over 7 miles completed. Time for lasagna!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @avidkeo - I want cake too!!
    Is there any chance your new shoes have a return policy so that if in fact is does end up being the shoes could you return or exchange them rather than write them off entirely?

I also want to give a shout out to our @elise4270 who is having her (3rd I think) surgery today! Pleas keep her in your thoughts and prayers (if you are so inclined). I know she would appreciate it. Also @Avidkeo, you know she would be rooting for cake too :)

Thanks for the well wishes all! Yes, @shanaber it is my 3rd. @Avidkeo I haven’t seen the doc yet, so no xrays. And of course I totally forgot to mention it presurgry. I did meet an older black lady that makes cakes. Bet they are awesome. She wants to go to Hawaii with us, told her it cost her a cake 😛

You worry about you! I'll survive, I see xrays every day! That sounds like a good trade lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @elise4270 good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!

ACK! I missed this. Hope it is nothing really serious!