March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    For those shopping for watches, looks like there is a 20% off Garmin Sale on Amazon:

Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch Contactless Payments Built-in
    $199.99
    https://amzn.to/2TFlIta

Garmin 010-01985-01 vívoactive 3 Music, GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage
    https://amzn.to/2TCmnvg

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    For those shopping for watches, looks like there is a 20% off Garmin Sale on Amazon:

Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch Contactless Payments Built-in
    $199.99
    https://amzn.to/2TFlIta

Garmin 010-01985-01 vívoactive 3 Music, GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage
    https://amzn.to/2TCmnvg

stop enabling!!! :wink:
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,412 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart - you need to get new shoes before you hurt yourself for real. I hate trying to find new brands/models but once you do maybe get one pair at the store and a 2nd pair online at a discount if you can find them. That way you can rotate between them and they may go a little further before they start to wear out.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I agree with @shanaber . Get yourself some new shoes before you do some damage. If your favorite model is no longer available, perhaps try the more recent version? In your case, with a 2 hour drive, I think it'd be worth ordering the more recent version online from a place with a good return policy to see how they feel. I know you can order shoes from many shoe manufacturer's directly and some have fantastic return policies. Brooks, for instance, has a 90 day trial. Use the heck out of them and return them if they don't work out. You'll pay full price for current models but you'll save gas money, time, and hopefully foot pain.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @kgirlhart I agree with @shanaber . Get yourself some new shoes before you do some damage. If your favorite model is no longer available, perhaps try the more recent version? In your case, with a 2 hour drive, I think it'd be worth ordering the more recent version online from a place with a good return policy to see how they feel. I know you can order shoes from many shoe manufacturer's directly and some have fantastic return policies. Brooks, for instance, has a 90 day trial. Use the heck out of them and return them if they don't work out. You'll pay full price for current models but you'll save gas money, time, and hopefully foot pain.

This.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    March goal: 80 miles

3/3: 7.43 miles
    3/5: 4.65 miles
    3/6: 5.33 miles
    3/7: 3.12 miles
    3/10: 9.01 miles
    3/12: 5.05 miles
    3/13: 3.11 miles
    3/14: 5.11 miles
    3/17: 10.06 miles
    3/19: 5.06 miles
    3/20: 5.04 miles
    3/21: 3.27 miles
    3/24: 9.31 miles
    3/26: 5.03 miles

80.58/80 miles completed

I had a nice enough run this morning. I ran 5 miles which got me to my goal of 80 miles for March. I hoped my run today would be better. It wasn't bad at all, but Sunday's run was so good that today's run was kind of a let down. I think part of it is that my feet hurt. I know I need new shoes. It is just such a hassle that the closest running store is an an hour away so it is a 2 hour round trip. Plus it is expensive. I have ordered the last couple of pair online, but I can't find the shoes I've been wearing in my size anywhere. Then my mind starts running away with me and worrying that the achyness in my feet is something wrong. I really do think it is the shoes. The anxiety of worrying that there is something wrong is worse than the actual "pain" in my feet. And my shoes have 490 miles on them. I have tried wearing an older pair that doesn't have quite as many miles on them (only about 460). It might help a little, but not enough. And my feet don't hurt while I'm running. They just feel achy afterward. I guess I'm just feeling out of sorts. Sorry for the complaining, but I feel like y'all understand.

exercise.png

2019 races:
    2/2/19: Catch the Groundhog Half Marathon - PR 2:15:17
    5/18/19: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

Hugs I get it (see my complaints last month). And I'm 2hrs away from the shoe shop, it's a royal pain in the butt. That said it's worth going because your feet are worth it!

I second the others, go get fitted, spend the money (ouch I get it) and you won't regret it
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @lporter229

It's just the time in the training cycle for it to be that way. At the end of my 20 miles Saturday, I felt almost like I'd run a marathon. Then my easy 6 on Sunday felt like really tired legs.

Throw out the "Trust the Training" mantra. Replace it with, "Less is More." Run less this week. Doesn't matter if your plan calls for taper to start next week, you need taper Right Now.

@lporter229 I agree with @Mobycarp. You just proved to yourself this weekend you are ready. So start resting, tapering, and getting your mind ready. Cmon, you qualified for Boston! Be proud! Be confident! You got this!

Ditto :)