March 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui I'm so sorry for you and your friend. Huge hugs going out to you, your friend, and anyone who has had to suffer the loss of a child.
    Heartbreaking :'(
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui I'm so sorry. I wish I had words that would make it better. Sending a virtual hug.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui So very sorry for what you've gone through.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui and @mbaker566 I'm so sorry for both of your losses and for your friends. Sending virtual hugs and positive thoughts to you both.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I ordered some new shoes and they should be here Monday. I decided to take today as a rest day for my achy feet. They do feel better and I'm pretty sure I just need the new shoes. I haven't decided if I should just wait until I get the shoes to run or just run shorter runs tomorrow and Sunday. I hate to miss my runs especially if the weather is nice. But I don't want to cause my feet any problems and I have met my goal for March.

have you used a frozen water ball to roll your feet to help alleviate the discomfort?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I ordered some new shoes and they should be here Monday. I decided to take today as a rest day for my achy feet. They do feel better and I'm pretty sure I just need the new shoes. I haven't decided if I should just wait until I get the shoes to run or just run shorter runs tomorrow and Sunday. I hate to miss my runs especially if the weather is nice. But I don't want to cause my feet any problems and I have met my goal for March.

have you used a frozen water ball to roll your feet to help alleviate the discomfort?

I did that a few years ago when I had plantar fasciitis, but I hadn't even thought to do it lately. I've just been using a tennis ball. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hugs @HonuNui that's a club no one should be a member of
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @zeesparrow She’s acting fine- eats, plays, purrs, does #1 and 2 fine but I found a small lump on her back hind leg while brushing her on Sunday. It’s an area that she doesn’t really like me brushing as it’s close to her privates so I don’t know how long it’s been there- I brush what I can before she gets upset. All her vitals were fine but the Dr performed a cytology of the mass to see what it could be. I don’t have the results yet and it is causing me an unbelievable amount of stress. Of course I have gone online and read that it could be anything from a cyst to vaccine-induced Fibrosarcoma, a very deadly form of cancer caused by the aluminum in the Feline Leukemia vaccine. She’s only 7.5 years old and she is everything to me. She sits on my lap, sleeps with me, eats with me, stands at the shower waiting for me to get out, greets me at the door, and after losing my other cat not two weeks ago yet, I am finding it impossible to carry on normally until I know what we’re up against. Thank you for asking. And thank you for letting me write what I’m feeling.
    03.11: 1.5M @ 9:20/M Easy Run (1.5)
    03.12: 4.0M @ 9:27/M Easy Run (5.5)
    03.14: 3.1M @ 8:49/M Pace Run (8.6)

03.17: 4.0M @ 9:16/M Easy Run (12.6)
    03.18: 3.6M @ 7:52/M Intervals (16.2)
    03.19: 4.0M @ 9:29/M Easy Run (20.2)
    03.20: Scheduled Rest Day
    03.21: 3.1M @ 8:34/M Pace Run (23.3)
    03.22: 6.3M @ 9:31/M Long Run (29.6)
    03.23: Scheduled Rest Day

03.24: 4.5M @ 9:09/M Easy Run (34.1)
    03.25: 3.5M @ 7:48/M Intervals (37.6)
    03.26: 4.5M @ 9:10/M Easy Run (42.1)
    03.27: Scheduled Rest Day

I have been adding in some biking on Wednesdays which is a scheduled Rest Day from running. I like biking but will only ride during the week since the park is crowded on the weekends. I hope everyone is enjoying the warmer temperatures (if that’s your thing) or the cooler temperatures if you’re down under. This group is wonderful. I wish had more time to read and respond to each post. Rarely are Internet forums a positive place, this is the exception and it’s so nice to be part of such a supportive group. :)

@Lazy_Bones_85 Just like with us, sometimes using Google helps... though often it just causes us more stress. I have been down that rabbit hole for canine and feline diseases, and have found both comfort and sleepless nights as a result. Being able to talk about it with others who understand can be a real boon. Hopefully you'll get those results back from the doc soon.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hugs @lazy_bones_85 its so hard not knowing. I hope its nothing serious.

Well been out and did 6 wet km. Yay

Double yay!!!